Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jeopardy!

Do you watch it the show for hot dudes?

Do you ever yell at the teevee: "Hey, brainiacs! How come I knew the answer and YOU didn't!"

by Anonymousreply 60002/15/2015

OP, did you miss your meds this morning?

by Anonymousreply 112/09/2012

Yes, occasionally there are hot dudes on them and I find them hot; brainy and hunky, yum!

by Anonymousreply 212/09/2012

[quote] Do you watch it the show for hot dudes?

[quote] Do you ever yell at the teevee: "Hey, brainiacs! How come I knew the answer and YOU didn't!"

No.

I have a life.

by Anonymousreply 312/09/2012

R3 demonstrates what kind of life she has that she is bragging about by spending time shitting on this thread.

Smell HER.

by Anonymousreply 412/09/2012

Some of the guys are dee-lish!

(and no I don't take any damned meds)

by Anonymousreply 512/09/2012

[quote]Do you watch it the show for hot dudes?

Do you want to give them the homosex where the man go up into the man?

by Anonymousreply 612/09/2012

Of course, R6!

by Anonymousreply 712/09/2012

Hot guys are only on Jeopardy about once every other month.

And the handful of contestants that seem like they might be gay never get to say anything that confirms it.

by Anonymousreply 812/11/2012

Hot guys are on Jeopardy EVERY DAY.

by Anonymousreply 912/11/2012

R8 --

They had a winner a while back who matter-of-factly referred to his "husband" (he was from Massachusetts); many of the guys turn out to be Metros though.

by Anonymousreply 1012/11/2012

I check here for the hotties.

by Anonymousreply 1112/11/2012

Last week Noah Rachels from Astoria who works at Columbia University was cute.

by Anonymousreply 1212/11/2012

Today was the first time in the history of any of the Jeopardy tournaments that all 3 players in a qualifying round ended up with a final score of 0. Interesting.

The Teen Tournament is going on and today was the second semifinal so normally the winner from today would advance to the finals. It's confusing, but Alex explained that the rules say the finals will consist of winners of each of the semis OR the highest scoring players if there was no winner. So since none of the kids today are winners and they each have 0 points, they are all out and one of the kids from the other semifinals will have a chance at that spot.

The final category today was Capital Cities and the answer was...

"It's criss-crossed by dozens of 'Peace Walls' that separate its Catholic and Protestant neighborhoods."

All 3 kids guessed "What is Dublin?" when the correct answer was "What is Belfast?"

And obviously all 3 wagered everything they had, which I guess I don't understand in this case. One had $1600, one had $12000, and one had $16400. The guy with the most just had to wager enough to make sure the guy in second place couldn't overtake him. But he must have been pretty confident with the category since he shot his entire wad and is now out of the competition because of it.

But it does make me wonder what they would have done today if 2 players had tied for the win. On normal non-tournament days, the ties always return as co-champions, but obviously they can't do that in a tournament.

Oh well. Interesting day on Jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 1302/08/2013

Sometimes there are some cute men on the show but I always have to wait until the very end when they are all out from behind their podiums talking to Alex and the camera gets a pretty good angle on their butts.

by Anonymousreply 1402/08/2013

I always dvr it and watch it later, I hadn't watched tonight's yet though now I don't have to, thanks r13. I am sad to hear the really cute kid with the Clark Kent glasses and the awesome teeth made such a dumb bet.

by Anonymousreply 1502/08/2013

Those are some dumb teens R13.

by Anonymousreply 1602/08/2013

THE PRICE IS RIGHT is where the hot college guys are at!

by Anonymousreply 1702/08/2013

I love to watch during College week, the guys are Hawt!

by Anonymousreply 1802/08/2013

I agree, I love to check out the hot guys on the Price Is Right! My fav is when they spin the big wheel and their shirt goes up and you can see their abs or underwear.

by Anonymousreply 1902/08/2013

OP has a picture of Ken Jennings on the ceiling of his bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 2002/08/2013

Just saw a hot hunky guy named Hunter on let's make a deal. He was dress as an army guy with a tight white tshirt. So hot!

by Anonymousreply 2102/11/2013

Merv Griffin is the creator of Jeopardy

by Anonymousreply 2202/11/2013

I don't mind Ken Jennings, but fanboi either.

Teen Tournament is useless - I'm awaiting the start of the season winners' playoffs tomorrow!

by Anonymousreply 2302/12/2013

I had to give the Teen Tournament style points for this round:

by Anonymousreply 2402/12/2013

I took and passed the test to be on Jeopardy some years ago. But when they called me to actually appear on the show, I was ineligible because I'd been on another game show within the past year. I don't know if it's still in effect, but at that time there was an agreement among all the game show producers that they wouldn't feature anyone who'd been on another game show recently. Missed opportunity, I guess, but at least I won $2100 on the show I did appear on, whereas I probably wouldn't have won anything on Jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 2502/12/2013

I envy how fast they think. They must be speed-readers, among other things. I'm still reading the question and they're already confidently clicking. They must have been the kids who turned their tests in to the teacher way before anybody else.

I know many of the answers, but it takes me 5 - 10 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 2602/12/2013

Years ago a tall NYPD cop was a big winner. A week later saw him in a Christopher Street bar.

by Anonymousreply 2702/12/2013

The teen tournaments aren't all bad. It was courtesy of last year's that we got the semi-classic "What is Pussy Furry?"

by Anonymousreply 2802/13/2013

"Alex, What is 'Extremely Strange Thread?"

by Anonymousreply 2902/13/2013

My favorite Ken Jennings moment:

Alex: This film starring Al Pacino was about a Cuban mobster.

Ken: What is "Scarface."

Alex: Say hello to my little friend.

Ken: Uh, maybe after the show, Alex.

by Anonymousreply 3002/13/2013

It was a wild finish to the Teen Tournament yesterday.

I don't understand the confidence the winner had when writing his answer to Final Jeopardy. By my math, if the kid at the left podium had wagered everything in final and been correct, he would have been the champion because his total from Day 1 was well ahead.

by Anonymousreply 3102/13/2013

R30, this is mine:

by Anonymousreply 3202/13/2013

r31 Who won? Was it my hotty Braxton Brock (or whatever his alliterative name is) with the super white teeth? Or was it the black guy who looks like Dwayne from 'What's Happening'? I usually tape but the time was all off because of the State of the Union address.

by Anonymousreply 3302/13/2013

"Dwayne" won

by Anonymousreply 3402/13/2013

The black dude won. He made a courageous bet, which he won and made it very hard for the other two to catch up. I, for one, was extremely impressed!

by Anonymousreply 3502/13/2013

'Twas Leonard Cooper, the "black guy." He was kinda arrogant about it. Watch Final Jeopardy here:

by Anonymousreply 3602/13/2013

r34 r35 Thank you! I am glad to know others watch Jeopardy too. I have it set to record tonight so will be here tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 3702/13/2013

No thanks for ME?! I posted the damn clip!

by Anonymousreply 3802/13/2013

Thanks r36. That was actually pretty cute, Good for him. All those kids were smart, too bad Nilai biffed it.

by Anonymousreply 3902/13/2013

The kid with the teeth and glasses - Brock? - was cute but had young Republican written all over him.

by Anonymousreply 4002/13/2013

Teeth and glasses kid freaked me out with that radio DJ voice he was trying too hard to make everyone aware of.

Bonus points to Leonard for rocking the untrimmed afro.

by Anonymousreply 4102/13/2013

Cooper would be a lot hotter if he got rid of that damn fro. He really has a handsome face.

by Anonymousreply 4202/13/2013

I wonder if R36 would have thought it was arrogant if a white kid had done the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 4302/13/2013

Aww, come on r43, this has been a fun thread. I'm sure there was nothing racial about his comment.

by Anonymousreply 4402/13/2013

R36, no racial undertones intended. But his self-satisfying attitude at the end was rather off-putting, black or white. I'm also R42 and I found him very attractive despite the 'fro so I had noting against him.

Incidentally, I sometimes found Kenny Jennings arrogant when he was mopping the floor with everyone many years ago.

by Anonymousreply 4502/13/2013

[quote]But his self-satisfying attitude at the end was rather off-putting, black or white.

I got the feeling that he was the only contestant in the whole tournament who was treating it like a game and not some resume highlight or life changing event.

I'll admit I didn't warm up to him until chat time with Alex in the first final round when he told the story about coming home from school every day and watching gameshows all afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 4602/13/2013

Leonard was trending on Yahoo news for "the best Jeopardy answer ever" I guess people really dug it.

by Anonymousreply 4702/14/2013

I'm wondering if Leonard had a brain fart when he was writing this answer. He had enough of a lead to make it a runaway win for the day, and he wagered accordingly so he couldn't be caught. But did he forget about it being a 2 day cumulative final and how paltry his sum was from Day 1?

It must have clicked with him after Alex started revealing answers. I think that's why he has a funny look about him when Alex finally gets to read his answer. He must have been relieved when Shorty with Braces got the answer wrong (and didn't wager enough anyway) because otherwise he would have made Leonard's message about winning look stupid rather than cool.

The only other explanation I can think is that he was confident that Shorty with Braces wouldn't be ballsy enough to wager a big sum in the final. Shorty had actually been pretty conservative with his Double Jeopardy wagers, so maybe Leonard thought he could read him.

by Anonymousreply 4802/14/2013

r48 yes, I think he knew Shorty wouldn't risk a lot. If memory serves he was the one who got most of the daily doubles and he never wagered very much. I have to watch today's now, I completely forgot.

by Anonymousreply 4902/14/2013

[quote]The kid with the teeth and glasses - Brock? - was cute but had young Republican written all over him.

I thought so too, r40. And he wants to go into politics. Oy.

Leonard was a hoot. Loved the gasp from the audience when he cooly bet everything on the Daily Double.

by Anonymousreply 5102/14/2013

Okay so his name is actually Barrett Block. Hoping Sean Cody discovers him in a few years - looks like he has a smokin' bod.

by Anonymousreply 5202/14/2013

r52 I knew it was something alliterative. He has a John Hughes name, that's up there with Blaine. He looked better on Jeopardy, I don't like that sweater at all.

by Anonymousreply 5302/14/2013

Last night's Jeopardy had a Judy Garland question and it took a second for someone to get it.

by Anonymousreply 5402/14/2013

I was dismayed that the Republican military guy won. I wasn't as fond of the woman back when she was originally on, but would've preferred her to win last night. The other guy's wearing black shirts strikes me as odd.

by Anonymousreply 5502/14/2013

Am I just getting really old or were the people last night young? Like in their 20's? Is this a tournament of champions for the 20 somethings and then later the real one comes?

The guys last night were pretty unimpressive, I liked the girl too. I hope tonight's people are better. At least I was able to answer some questions last night. The teen thing should be easier in theory but it isn't because I don't know the books they read now (except John Knowles, I got that one) or the music or shows.

by Anonymousreply 5602/14/2013

They stopped taking smart people because the average age was too high. They are trying for an audience that likes younger people.

by Anonymousreply 5702/14/2013

I always root for the most attractive male, and boo the frumpiest female. I lose interest if at least one of these archetypes isn't represented. Who do I root for when everyone is equally bland and boring?

I actually think there's a disproportionate number of both attractive men and frumpy women on the show. The cute guys usually ping, too, so I think it's a case of higher intelligence among gay men (who are more likely to care about their appearance) while smart women as a group include a higher number of women who are unconcerned with how they look. So it's a lot of gay male overachievers and bookish spinster types.

by Anonymousreply 5802/14/2013

Watching Jeopardy is not good for my self-esteem. They need to have a Jeopardy-style show about pop culture so I can watch at home and not feel so dumb. Maybe I should pitch it to Ryan Seacrest and E!

by Anonymousreply 5902/14/2013

That was Frank Spangenberg, R27. He was a transit cop in my station when I first moved to Brooklyn. I saw him a couple of times after he won. He gave a large portion of his winnings to The Gift of Love Hospice, which helped people with AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 6002/14/2013

They admitted in an interview I read that they had dumbed-down the questions to try to make the game more viewer friendly. They're doing more popular culture, but the big change is that they've added more hints.

15 years ago they would have asked what City hosted the first Continental Congress and left it at that. Now they toss in more little hints like "the First Continental Congress was held in this city, the city of brotherly love."

by Anonymousreply 6102/14/2013

I think the woman last night was at least 40, R56. The military lawyer who won was over 30, just looked boyish.

by Anonymousreply 6202/14/2013

R61 Wow! Our culture really is dumbing down. Thanks for the info. I have only watched a few episodes the past 15 years.

GSN revived The Pyramid game last fall. The contestants, both the celebrities and average players, were generally terrible. You could count on one hand the amount of times teams got perfect 21 scores in regular play. This is in comparison with the old 80s version with Dick Clark where even bad players like Jo Ann Worley could get perfect scores. I kept thinking when I watched the GSN revival "Has the education system gone down that bad?"

by Anonymousreply 6302/14/2013

[quote]The military lawyer who won was over 30, just looked boyish.

r62, if you mean Paul Nelson, the Senate aid that won yesterday, he's 23. Or at least he was 23 in November when he was on his winning streak. He graduated high school in 2007 and college in 2011.

by Anonymousreply 6402/14/2013

r62 Yes I meant the guys, I didn't pay a lot of attention to the girl. r64 So he was young! Good to know I'm not crazy. Is he the one who won? I have to admit I don't remember.

by Anonymousreply 6502/14/2013

Wow! I thought he was older than that. So young to be a Republican ...

by Anonymousreply 6602/14/2013

So stupid - the questions should be hard. People watch it to see smart people.

by Anonymousreply 6702/14/2013

Holy shit, bow tie guy in the middle tonight had a Barry White voice. It was cognitive dissonance for sure, he looked all meek and then opened his mouth and blew me away.

by Anonymousreply 6802/14/2013

R68 - yeah, that was pretty stunning. I recalled him from when he was on, but not the voice. I liked him better than the others, but it was pretty obvious he wasn't going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 6902/15/2013

r69 Yeah, now that I think back, none of last night's were really memorable or had me rooting for them. Who even won? Bow tie was ok, black dude was annoying me with his excessive eyebrow movement and the other guy doesn't even register now. I hope tonight is better.

by Anonymousreply 7002/15/2013

The black guy with cocked eyebrow thing won; the other white guy at end I had to really reach to try to recall from his original run, and it was the name rather than the face that seemed even slightly familiar. David (bow tie guy) gave an intro about a chick who wanted to write a romance about him, presumably a straight one, which did NOT seem to be him at all!

by Anonymousreply 7102/15/2013

thanks r71 I did catch him saying in his story something about a romance script that seemed weird. Eyebrow reminded me of Jake from Becker. I will be watching and hoping for better tonight.

by Anonymousreply 7202/15/2013

Who is Giles who just played the violin clues on Jeopardy? He's a hot daddy.

by Anonymousreply 7302/15/2013

Maybe you should, R5.

by Anonymousreply 7402/15/2013

I thought Giles seemed like a really nice, talented guy, but didn't do much for me sexually. You guys do remember that David is an out gay guy, mentioning his husband when he was on before? The Vietnamese gal triggered absolutely no recollection from me whatsoever for such a big winner during the year.

by Anonymousreply 7502/15/2013

I agree that Giles was not hot, he had that balding long hair thing and an outrageous French accent. Which one was David? The heavy one or the thin one? The girl was kind of funny and cute. The questions were hard tonight, I only got about 7 of them, I normally do much better.

by Anonymousreply 7602/15/2013

David was the older thin guy on the right. I did recall the chubby(ish) fellow on the left who won tonight from his appearances earlier. Yeah, the questions were kind of hard; I kept missing ones where I was fairly certain I knew the right answer ... but, nope! The final question was pretty easy I thought.

by Anonymousreply 7702/15/2013

David Gard, the out gay man who won I think four days in the fall last year, played yesterday. I didn't know so I couldn't see it. He unfortunately lost. Does anyone know the score? How well did each player play?

How many gay men are in the Tournament of Champions? We know David Gard is gay. I looked at all their videos online and several ping to me. I think Patrick Quinn, David Leach and Jason Keller are. I'm iffy on Keith Whitener.

by Anonymousreply 7802/16/2013

I have a crush on Ashok. Pulling for him ;)

And the teen Champion is such a likeable kid. I hope (and I believe) he will do well in his life.

by Anonymousreply 7902/16/2013

R78 -

Friday's show was David Gard, Jason Keller and the hyper-perky Ms. Thieu(?); Jason totally blew the others away in a mega-runaway. David Menchaca (the bow tie guy with the Barry White voice) pinged big time to me.

by Anonymousreply 8002/16/2013

That one guy was super hot. I sucked so bad at Jeopardy last night, I bet I suck even more tonight.

by Anonymousreply 8102/19/2013

I have a thing for Patrick Quinn and was disappointed he lost (badly) tonight.

I clearly remember him from when he was on last year.

by Anonymousreply 8202/19/2013

It looked as though Patrick wore a wedding ring?

I was glad to see that both blond Stephanie, and the brunette rocket scientist lady were Wild Cards.

by Anonymousreply 8302/19/2013

Boo my crush Ashok didn't make it to the SF :(

And to think that the FJ is one of the easiest. But actually even if he knew it, his wage was not good enough.

by Anonymousreply 8402/20/2013

It's fun when the players do something that makes the audience gasp like the Double Jeopardy wager the guy made on the episode today.

It was a slightly ballsier move than the very bold wager the eventual winner of the Teen Tournament made a couple of weeks ago, but only because his was only an $800 clue whereas the guy today did it on a $1600 clue.

And another item of note - Jason told that story about Stephin Merritt (of Magnetic Fields) recognizing him from the show and how a mutual acquaintance arranged for them to meet and spend a day together. Merritt happens to be an out gay man.

So Alex continued the proud history of Jeopardy making every effort to keep it on the down low that sometimes gay people are contestants. Jason told his story of meeting Merritt and then Alex quickly shut him down from going any further by saying, "We won't put you on the spot with regard to him."

What the hell, Trebek? Are you worried he's going to say something inappropriate on national television, like telling everyone that they fucked?

My guess (and this is only based on the people I know that watch Jeopardy) is that the demographics for the show tend toward the better educated members of the public. And doesn't education level have some correlation to tolerance?

Would it be so scandalous to the audience for a gay contestant to be allowed to acknowledge it? On the contrary, I actually feel that a majority of fans (both gay and straight) are conscious of the efforts the show makes to avoid gay players acknowledging such with their stories, and are probably as offended by that as I (a gay man) am.

Frankly, if Jason had said that he fucked (using better language, of course) Stephen Merritt, that would have been the best Jeopardy contestant story ever! Otherwise they are all so completely forced and therefore usually uninteresting.

Anyway, that's probably my only complaint with the show. And I know the 'closeting' of gay players isn't exclusive to Jeopardy, but it's the only game show I watch and I wish I could say I expect better of them.

by Anonymousreply 8502/23/2013

My parents are both well educated and both watch and they wouldn't care if anyone was gay. They would probably expect it since gays are also a part of the population and some like Jeopardy and want to play it. I think Wheel would have a problem with their audience not accepting gay contestants but I doubt Jeopardy would. Trebek was driving me nuts tonight with his ridiculous French pronunciations of the Canada questions. And I think I did notice him kind of shoot that guy down while he was telling his story.

by Anonymousreply 8602/23/2013

I'm willing to give Alex the benefit of the doubt, only because he probably wasn't aware that Merritt was (necessarily) gay, although he may well have inferred it. More likely, he didn't much like Jason in the first place. If you caught the ending of the show, I thought the way the winner patted Jason seemed a bit condescending. Then again, I though Alex was rather snotty to that guy in shooting down his buying a house in DC with his winnings - I assumed he meant he'd use the money for a decent downpayment, not that he expected to buy one outright, for Pete's sake!

A reminder that David Gard was VERY specific in referring to his HUSBAND when he was winning earlier in the year. Moreover, it seems like almost half the single women on their ping my Dykedar like a foghorn!

by Anonymousreply 8702/23/2013

I was on the show about 10 years ago. The test given by the producers was harder than anything on the show.

by Anonymousreply 8802/23/2013

I've heard that too r88. I used to work with a really smart IT guy who had tried out for Jeopardy and he told me how incredibly hard the tests were. I don't remember if he passed them but he didn't make the show. He said I shouldn't judge them as being dumb on the show because if they even got on the show they are smart. I also heard about the "lock out" that if you ring in too quick you are locked out from ringing in again and I know I would screw that up because I read it at home before Alex and always try to yell it out while they are still reading it.

by Anonymousreply 8902/23/2013

[quote]A reminder that David Gard was VERY specific in referring to his HUSBAND when he was winning earlier in the year.

Yes that was one, r87, and good for David getting that out there. I've been regularly watching for nearly 3 years now (and sporadically before that) and that's the only example of a player mentioning a same sex partner/spouse that I can recall.

Yet isn't safe to assume that there have been many, many other gay contestants?

I do believe that the questions gay players get asked during the "get to know the contestant" segment sway toward the player telling a story that won't expose that they have a same sex partner. Whereas heterosexual players always seem to include a mention of their spouse or boy/girlfriend.

And I have no thoughts on whether Trebek or the production team is responsible for that. But my opinion is that the show as a whole seems to prefer that gay players not make it known.

But it struck me as an awkward thing for Alex to say "We won't put you on the spot with regard to him." when Jason was telling about spending time with Stephin Merritt. The fact that a (sort of) rock star was impressed with meeting (and possibly going on a date with) a Jeopardy champion should be something the show would want to celebrate. At least I'd think so.

It's so much cooler than the stories other players tell of how the extent of their celebrity is being recognized by elderly ladies in their local grocery store. But instead, Alex has him conclude his story by stopping him from going any further.

by Anonymousreply 9002/23/2013

I've always assumed that the gay contestants themselves haven't wanted to be "out" on the show? I was left wondering about the bartender's pig roast - sounded like a lot of fun, and I picked up a whiff of gay at that point. Alex, himself, seems kind of gay=icky to me, and I believe he's personally religious? Still, I can't see the producers allowing an outright embargo on mentioning one's orientation (in context).

by Anonymousreply 9102/23/2013

R91; everyone: surely it's a known fact that Trebek is gayer than a goose??? Married to a woman, and having 2 kids, or not? He lived with his mother (I have read) for years and years, then he moved her to a house on his property (she might still be alive, 90+?) And remember the MANY SLN skits with Darrell Hammond playing Sean Connery ("Celebrity Jeopardy") and making ANY number of gay jokes about Trebek?

Puleese. Married gay, BIG time.

I suspect the same thing with Pat Sajak.

Merv's boys, the both of 'em.

by Anonymousreply 9202/23/2013

r92 I used to hear that too when I lived in Palm Springs. A few of my friends swore Alex was gay and they knew someone who had been with him. I never knew if it was just something their friends were wishful about or if the friends were teasing them. But I always remembered and wondered about it. My friends were a 40 something year old really wealthy couple and knew Merv Griffin if that adds anything.

by Anonymousreply 9302/23/2013

That would certainly explain Alex's discomfort with the subject. Still, I think the gay contestants just haven't wanted to push it by referring to their orientation in the interview segment, rather some sort of censorship.

by Anonymousreply 9402/23/2013

r87 Yes, I forgot about Alex being so snotty last night with the DC guy. He was a real prick about it, like, "Good luck buying a house in DC that's not in the ghetto with so little money." Meow, Alex! Reign it in, buddy.

by Anonymousreply 9502/23/2013

I missed the final Champion show, but since Colby was like 20K ahead it didn't seem to really matter much.

I'd completely forgotten about that TV producer guy from Oklahoma on "regular" Jeopardy, but seeing him yesterday he was pinging my very weak Gaydar, in spite of his being active in his church.

by Anonymousreply 9602/28/2013

Maybe Colby will use some of his money to buy some some clothes that fit him properly.

by Anonymousreply 9703/01/2013

Colby is eyebrows, right? I went back through this thread to find out and didn't see his name. Yeah, the red tie was not good. He was kind of snotty about where he teaches. He only teaches there because he attended that school not because of their crappy pay. Dude, you realize all teachers are underpaid, right? I still have to catch up on last night's.

by Anonymousreply 9803/01/2013

Yeah, Colby was the eyebrows guy, and I had noticed his clothes weren't the sharpest. Last night's show featured a guy whom I thought would have Dataloungers leaving a trail of drool.

by Anonymousreply 9903/01/2013

I wonder if the new champion might be gay. He has serious gay face.

by Anonymousreply 10003/06/2013

He did too well in the Musicals category to be anything else, R100.

by Anonymousreply 10103/06/2013

Agreed - he seemed to feel that "Musicals" was a gift from On High.

I spoke with my mom the other day, and she reported that she'd been as shocked as I that the guy a couple of days ago talked of his bedwetting so openly on national TV like that.

by Anonymousreply 10203/06/2013

r102 I know! The bedwetting thing was crazy. I get he was trying to tell his funny story but he should have made up another reason for the alarm. I haven't watched the last two days yet so haven't seen the musical guy. I will do that tonight.

by Anonymousreply 10303/06/2013

I was shocked; SHOCKED! at the bedwetting story. I was yelling, "too much information!" at my tv, LOL. I wonder what Trebek/producers/audience thought??

SPeaking of the show as a whole, I am shamefaced to admit that as many years as I watch quiz shows (yes, I'm old), I've gotten to think that African Americans don't do quite as well (like "Wheel" tonight); I humbly apologize: look at this year: both the Teen Tournament and Adult tournament winners were African-Americans!

(slinks back to hut; downcast;ashamed.)

by Anonymousreply 10403/06/2013

I was left with the impression that the jello wrestling as a "guy thing"!

by Anonymousreply 10503/06/2013

Trebek=gay homophobe, one of an endless parade of bigoted stupid twits.

by Anonymousreply 10603/06/2013

Well, any lingering doubts about him should be put to rest after hearing about the paper he wrote on Sherlock Holmes and Masculinity.

by Anonymousreply 10703/07/2013

How do we feel about a hobby of making up power point presentations of dance steps?

by Anonymousreply 10803/11/2013

Was that was he was talking about R108? I couldn't get beyond Supergay Gay Voice.

But forget him. What about the Tin-Tin look alike champ? He's been on about four shows already and I don't remember him ever mentioning a wife or GF.

by Anonymousreply 10903/11/2013

Tin Tin lives for questions about musicals and theater.

by Anonymousreply 11003/11/2013

The short personal stories segment is always a snooze and frequently cringe-making. "Alex, I've always been fascinated by shoe laces" and worse.

by Anonymousreply 11103/12/2013

I like it generally, though am always disappointed that it seems to be an opportunity for contestants to confirm their hetero status as much as anything else, most (not all) of the time.

by Anonymousreply 11203/12/2013

I just saw on Inside Edition that Matt Lauer is being considered to replace Alex Trebek (something that I had also read on a Lauer DL thread). I love Jeopardy but I won't watch if they make that smug, arrogant fool the host.

If you hate that dumb idiot as much as I do, please follow the link and let the Jeopardy people know. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 11303/15/2013

I'm going admit that I find him kind of sexy, but understand why folks dislike him.

by Anonymousreply 11403/15/2013

Alex's contract ends in 2016. He's had two heart attacks so may leave sooner. Along with Lauer, Anderson Cooper (who'll be free when his daytime show this season) is on the short list.

by Anonymousreply 11503/15/2013

Half the fun of Jeopardy is hating on Alec. Otherwise, it'd be a run-of-the-mill trivia show. Lauer is an awful choice. Maybe they can bring back the IBM computer to host or better yet, Ken Jennings!

by Anonymousreply 11603/15/2013

I agree r116. Especially any time a French Canadian word is uttered and Alex has to do his over the top pronunciations and his smug, "aww too bad, you didn't know that it was of course __" in his condescending tone.

by Anonymousreply 11703/15/2013

Ken Jennings would be a fun choice except for the fact that he is a Mormon. I would hate to think that I was helping to increase his tithe to the cult that fights against my rights.

by Anonymousreply 11803/15/2013

R117 - I cringe at his slobbering over Canadian contestants, too. However, he does that "c'mon guys, you didn't know such an easy answer!" regularly.

by Anonymousreply 11903/15/2013

I see that "Tin-Tin" lost tonight after having amassed about $130,000 for the past week and a half.

And we still never learned definitively whether he was gay or not.

by Anonymousreply 12003/15/2013

Will Ferrell should replace Trebek.

by Anonymousreply 12103/16/2013

No R120, but ... crewing? Oh my! And then there's the jello wresting - were there any chicks involved?

by Anonymousreply 12203/16/2013

The best Jeopardy! moment ever!

by Anonymousreply 12303/16/2013

OP I completely forgot about the jello wrestling.

I do remember he was really good on all of the sports questions.

I guess I should have refered to him as Butch Tin-Tin in my posts above.

And BTW, Kal Penn would make a better Jeopardy host than anyone else I can think of.

by Anonymousreply 12403/16/2013

I understand Steve Kornacki is rather a jock-ish fellow, too, for what that's worth. Was it me, or did he seem to butch it up a bit nearer the end of his run, more ... somber, less ... "facially jazzhands" (best way I can put it)? Alex actually seemed to like him. When all is said and done, he seemed to miss several opportunities during all that time to establish his str8 cred, had he wanted to.

by Anonymousreply 12503/16/2013

'Bottom' is a category tonight. The cute gayish geek is gone.

by Anonymousreply 12603/20/2013

I think our new champ is a 'mo. Just sayin' ...

by Anonymousreply 12704/04/2013

Maybe I'm just attracted to brains, but a lot of the male winners seem to be pretty gay.

by Anonymousreply 12804/04/2013

He did seem sort of particular.

Maybe with $100k plus, the former winner can buy herself a fully supporting bra.

:)

by Anonymousreply 12904/04/2013

R129 -- during the interview segment his chosen subject was doing bike rides for AIDS Research funding.

by Anonymousreply 13004/05/2013

Was the balding boi on last night's show (the one who did all those "mud" challenges) gay? Or just wishful thinking on my part?

by Anonymousreply 13104/09/2013

Alex is a smart man, but once in a while he demonstrates that he doesn't know some of the clues based on pop culture.

It's not a big deal at all, but because I'm such a super nerd-fan of the movies, I noted that he was thinking incorrectly about the Alien movie franchise the other night.

Final Jeopardy was Best Actress Oscar Nominations and the clue was worded something like "This 1987 nominee was the first time a woman was nominated for a sci fi film."

Before he started revealing the contestants questions he said (and just as with the clue I don't recall the exact words he used) that the film also launched a franchise. Wrong.

Then once he revealed the first player had the correct question of Sigourney, he added that the movie was Alien. I'm nearly positive that's what he said, and it would go along with him believing that was the start of the franchise.

None of the nerd contestants balked at the slip though. I would have because as the Jeopardy thinking music was playing I was imagining how I would completely dork out while writing my question and have scribbled something like "Who is Sigourney Weaver playing the awesome Lt. Ellen Ripley in my all-time favorite movie Aliens?"

Anyway, I'm a total Jeopardy fan and I don't mean to disparage Mr. Trebek. But I think it's fair game to point out errors like that when they happen so rarely.

by Anonymousreply 13204/24/2013

When the time comes and Alex retires, I think they should consider Brad Rutter to be the new host.

He's lost a lot of weight since his first appearances on the show as a contestant and I actually thought he was kind of handsome when he did the IBM Watson challenge.

He lists TV host as his profession, although I don't see that he has a regular job. And he obviously has demonstrated the appropriate reverence for the game. I'd be happy with Brad taking over.

by Anonymousreply 13304/25/2013

It looks like the college tournament is going to be free of any hot guys this year.

by Anonymousreply 13405/06/2013

The two guys on today were cute. The middle kid from Northwestern looked like a young Seth MacFarlane. And the tall gay guy from Georgetown had a great smile even with less than perfect teeth.

by Anonymousreply 13505/07/2013

Did anyone see Jeopardy today, 7/23? He was so cute. The only thing missing was a lisp.

by Anonymousreply 13607/23/2013

I loved that queen who won tonight!

by Anonymousreply 13707/23/2013

Two gay guys on last night (24/7). The bearded one who really thought he was going to win, and continuing champ, also bearded

by Anonymousreply 13807/25/2013

[quote]The bearded one who really thought he was going to win, and continuing champ, also bearded

How could you tell they beard, r138? Did they tell stories about their 'wives' or 'girlfriends'?

by Anonymousreply 13907/25/2013

I only get 20-25% of questions right;sometimes less. So other than English literature, show tunes, opera, that sort of thing - I'm no braniac.

BUT: it annoys me no end, and I find myself yelling at the tv, when contestant after contestant gets question after question wrong! I wonder why anyone thinks THAT's entertaining??

Thanks to whomever bumped this thread. R58 and R85 - surely you know/suspect? Trebek is heavily closeted (IMHO.)

Agree with the poster who find Trebek's overdoing of French words; accent annoying; I would also say - as I emailed a friend last night - the producers should STOP him from attempting accents, impressions - he's beyond horrible at them!

(2-1/4 hours to show!)

by Anonymousreply 14007/25/2013

David Brown from Palo Alto who's been winning this week pings.

by Anonymousreply 14107/25/2013

Pings? He's gayer than a Christmas tree.

by Anonymousreply 14207/25/2013

What was the controversy during Kids Week?

by Anonymousreply 14308/11/2013

[quote]Maybe you should, [R5]. by: Anonymous reply 74 02/15/2013 @ 07:30PM

BURN!!!

Oh, wait, hang on... nope, actually, it turns out you *cannot* burn someone TWO MONTHS AFTER THEY POSTED, you fucking retard.

And yes, I know I'm posting this almost six months after R74. But that's different.

by Anonymousreply 14408/11/2013

Colby and his smirk won the whole enchilada!

by Anonymousreply 14509/15/2013

Has everyone noticed that Alex is one of the featured guests on the TCM Cruise this year?

Unless he has a burning interest in classic movies that I'm unaware of, he seems to be an odd choice.

by Anonymousreply 14709/15/2013

Unbelievably handsome new champ on Jeopardy. An architect. Handsome face, hot, sexy beard. Wow

by Anonymousreply 14810/03/2013

Tonight's Air Force guy is hot as hell! However, I'm prompted to post to ask if you folks in other cities got a very specific ad during the show to vote for Tom Nissley to appear in the upcoming champions battle? I can't believe my local Seattle station would be allowed to push him on their own, so I was wondering if he paid for it himself as a local spot?

by Anonymousreply 14910/15/2013

Did anyone watch tonight? Sean Kram (!) should make his next stop Corbin Fisher.

by Anonymousreply 15010/29/2013

Sean's not my type, but his coffee joint must feature the "moist-est panties" in America!

by Anonymousreply 15110/29/2013

I'm thinking that the current 2-day champion Matthew Church Canadian medical student) is gay.

He's cute, but he has a way of speaking that makes it seem like friendly conversation doesn't flow naturally with him.

by Anonymousreply 15212/18/2013

Frank Spangenberg, who won decades ago, is on tonight. Former cop with walrus mustache, looks 6'5".

by Anonymousreply 15302/06/2014

I remember Frank. He also appeared in another tournament. I have always had a crush on him.

by Anonymousreply 15402/06/2014

I used to see him at Christopher Street bars. Couldn't miss him, tallest in the place.

by Anonymousreply 15502/06/2014

Is he gay???

by Anonymousreply 15602/06/2014

Is Pope Francis Catholic?

by Anonymousreply 15702/06/2014

the guy I loved was the professor from Canada who was adorable with a British accent. OMG to be in one of his classes.

I had a friend on Jeopardy, actually two, and one of them received a phone call after his episode aired and asked him if he would be in a porn film. He said, "Is this a joke?" It wasn't. He is married with a daughter, a normally very quiet person -- it just wasn't his thing.

by Anonymousreply 15802/06/2014

Alex kidded Frank about always being in school. He's now going for a PhD in Criminal Justice John Jay. He didn't win tonight.

by Anonymousreply 15902/06/2014

Frank and partner live in an upscale community in Queens.

by Anonymousreply 16002/07/2014

Hot red head named Gordon on now! Might be gay.

by Anonymousreply 16103/17/2014

Gordon won tonight so he'll be back tomorrow. I will be watching!

by Anonymousreply 16203/17/2014

Gordo is blond...and hot.

by Anonymousreply 16303/17/2014

Gordon Graham hometown howdy.

by Anonymousreply 16403/18/2014

Did anyone see if Gordon won again tonight?

by Anonymousreply 16503/18/2014

Handsome Gordon from Victoria lost tonight. He's a squash player evidently.

by Anonymousreply 16603/18/2014

Damn! What a pity. Hope someone scoops him up for Hollywood, or better yet for Sean Cody.

by Anonymousreply 16703/18/2014

The mimute I saw Gordon, I knew DL mussies would be moist. The heavy duty sweater, in place of a sportcoat, was quite the fashion statement.

by Anonymousreply 16803/19/2014

The new champion seems a bit light in the loafers. But, he might just be southern.

by Anonymousreply 17003/27/2014

If he's straight, I feel VERY VERY sorry for him. Alex spent all of a nanosecond interviewing him (one sentence from Alex, one from the guy, and that was that).

by Anonymousreply 17103/27/2014

Clay Walls is indeed gay (and available). He's a good friend and a sweetheart. His brother is also gay but dating a guy fairly seriously).

by Anonymousreply 17203/27/2014

R172

Please tell Clay we're proud of him.

by Anonymousreply 17303/27/2014

Guy with a beard who won on Friday was totally hot, and possibly gay.

by Anonymousreply 17404/05/2014

I was hoping the same thing when he was on before, R174, especially since we lived in the same city at the time (Boston). Alas, I recall being disappointed when he mentions something about a wife thing that he's attached to.

by Anonymousreply 17504/05/2014

The current champion, who collects ballet shoes as a hobby, won't be back until Labor Day.

He almost DARED Alex to call him a fag at one point.

by Anonymousreply 17607/19/2014

The Marine from a few days ago was hot as hell. However no one tops Gordon. He was so fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 17707/19/2014

Marine? Or do you mean the former Army Ranger? Or the military lawyer in uniform a week or so ago?

I liked the librarian who looked like Shaggy from Scooby Doo myself.

by Anonymousreply 17807/19/2014

Two day Jeopardy champ David Brown is gay with a lot of character. Watch him tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 17907/23/2014

The Teen Tournament is on now.

by Anonymousreply 18007/23/2014

Be still, my heart.

by Anonymousreply 18107/24/2014

So I was watching a rerun. Anyway below is David's twitter account I think. "The gayest gay that ever gayed."

by Anonymousreply 18207/24/2014

He's too pretty for me, but if he ever wrote a book of essays I'd pay $$$ to read it -- he's a HOOT!

by Anonymousreply 18307/24/2014

I think the guy in today's tournament is gay. If not because purses fall out of his mouth every time he speaks then because of his last answer. The category was football terms. The answer was triangular pastry. He said croissant.

by Anonymousreply 18408/05/2014

Dear Turnover,

He was a music teacher. The gals chose football questions as they thought he wouldn't know the answers.

by Anonymousreply 18508/05/2014

I take it the personal trainer/film-maker was gay?

by Anonymousreply 18608/27/2014

I think the trainer upset Alex with the comment about sweatshop labor having made his suit. I don't think well be seeing his pretty face in any future battle of the decades. . .

by Anonymousreply 18708/27/2014

He was HOT as hell.

My goodness.

by Anonymousreply 18808/27/2014

He did say selfies were his favorite. Anyone know where he posts his own? And who's had him?

by Anonymousreply 18908/27/2014

That selfies remark was a hoot, don't know how I missed it the first time. As far as looks go ... I'd rather have Ken Jennings (we like what we like).

Friday night's chick (Mary) was quite something! She seemed to be staving off full blown panic attacks.

Anyone else get pings off of Roger Craig? I find him a bit obnoxious. Ditto for Colby.

by Anonymousreply 19008/30/2014

HOMO ALERT!

Tonight's contestant mentioned his boyfriend. Alex seemed pretty cool about it I must say.

by Anonymousreply 19109/22/2014

Tonight's Canadian cub was likely the cause of many moist mussies.

by Anonymousreply 19209/30/2014

The champ is cute, but what's the deal with the freakish throat hair? He shaves his face, but leaves the hair directly under his chin to grow out.

by Anonymousreply 19310/17/2014

[italic]Jeopardy[/italic] is a fraud!

Always has been. Always will be.

by Anonymousreply 19410/17/2014

The current champ has a weird smile. It is really off-putting. If he had a bit of lipstick he'd look like the joker.

by Anonymousreply 19510/24/2014

I think he must have a serious case of Aspergers.

by Anonymousreply 19610/26/2014

Hot mountain of a man won yesterday...he'll be the returning champ today. He gets and A+ on the hair.

by Anonymousreply 19710/30/2014

OMG He just mentioned his boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 19810/30/2014

I just saw that too, R198. I had to rewind the DVR to make sure I heard him right.

by Anonymousreply 19910/30/2014

Here's the guy w/the BF -- Ryan Alley.

by Anonymousreply 20010/30/2014

I'm glad that chick didn't tthink through her wager. Where's his BF R200

by Anonymousreply 20110/30/2014

Cute isn't he? Alex was in love again.

by Anonymousreply 20210/30/2014

Ryan's jaw dropped when the female contestant tied with him for champion.

by Anonymousreply 20310/30/2014

I know ....he was so cute...

by Anonymousreply 20410/30/2014

Alex certainly managed to conceal what I'm sure was his "WTF!" thought when he mentioned the bf. Now if only some of those obvious dykes would start doing likewise.

by Anonymousreply 20510/31/2014

I'm glad there's an out and proud gay on Jeopardy, but this one is too perky for my taste. Where are the dark and brooding homos?

by Anonymousreply 20610/31/2014

I wanted the loudly ping-ing teacher he defeated actually.

by Anonymousreply 20710/31/2014

I turned the channel before the interviews so I didn't catch that Ryan had a boyfriend. When Ryan looked at the female contestant who got a tie score with his mouth open I wondered if he was gay. Gay men have much better eye contact with women than heterosexual males who usually avoid looking into women's eyes for long periods.

by Anonymousreply 20811/02/2014

I *still* don't like Arthur Chu!

by Anonymousreply 20911/11/2014

Purses and frocks abounding!

Tonight's tieless, fleece'd oh-so-cute loser set off my faulty 'dar a plenty.

by Anonymousreply 21011/12/2014

R210 Jim Coury. I think he's cute and possibly gay.

by Anonymousreply 21111/12/2014

BOTH guys seemed gay to me, but I meant the one other than the guy in the suit with the beard.

by Anonymousreply 21211/12/2014

Julia! Julia! Julia!

Rooting for her to win it all!!!!!

Or the tall guy.

Anybody but the Asian.

by Anonymousreply 21311/20/2014

I love Jeopardy Julia. Is the the only Julia who's not horrible?

by Anonymousreply 21411/20/2014

I like Julia, too. Just NOT Arthur Chu; Alex loves him enough for the both of us.

I'm incredibly suspicious whenever someone's been on more than a day or so, and there's no mention of a str8 sig other.

by Anonymousreply 21511/20/2014

I was enjoying that tall blond guy whoever he was.....not classically handsome but very cute. Boyfriend material.

by Anonymousreply 21611/20/2014

Do you mean Mark Japinga as the tall blond guy (siort of Tin Tin-ish)? Ping 4 me.

by Anonymousreply 21711/20/2014

Damn! Julia didn't win 😟

At least Chu didn't either. Looked like a fool betting everything at the end.

by Anonymousreply 21811/22/2014

I loathe Chu to the point I could not even watch this tournament. I became irrational the last time he was on and would sit screaming at the tv.

Just happy to hear that bastard lost.

by Anonymousreply 21911/22/2014

I liked both Julia and Ben. Very glad Arthur didn't win.

My favorite contestant of all time is Roger Craig. He was adorable.

by Anonymousreply 22011/22/2014

I was for Julia also. Very down to earth. No airs like far too many of the contestants. And none of the three finalists were lawyers. I noticed Ken Jennings didn't get all that far on Millionaire. He didn't know what university in the northeast had eating clubs. I'll never understand how an acquaintance of mine from my home town made Ivy.

by Anonymousreply 22111/22/2014

Surprised by the Julia love, I found her smug. Glad Arthur lost and happy Ben won.

by Anonymousreply 22211/22/2014

r222, Although I was a Julia fan, I found Chu way too intense.

by Anonymousreply 22311/22/2014

Now at last the tournament has ended - and we'll find out if all of the New Orleans Saints Final Jeopardy debacle contestants get to come back.

by Anonymousreply 22411/22/2014

I'm glad Ben won. Just so long as Artie lost.

by Anonymousreply 22511/22/2014

Julia was very sick during the Tournament, to the point where she almost pulled out.

by Anonymousreply 22611/22/2014

R224 oh yeah, that stupid question. I still say New Orleans Saints is the only acceptable answer.

by Anonymousreply 22711/22/2014

Intense is a good word for it, R223. He may be a nice enough guy, away from the program, but as a contestant, he just takes the game too personally/seriously. He did mention the dislike of him (controversy, as he called it).

Julia seems like she's a fag hag, which may be why she's so popular her, as well as with Alex. Ben seems like a nice guy, although his aw-shucks manner gets a bit much.

Roger Craig seems very smug to me!

by Anonymousreply 22811/22/2014

Remember that early champion Chuck Forrest. Hot as hell. I used to fantasize about him all the time. Now he lives in Rome with the other Roman gods.

by Anonymousreply 22911/23/2014

This is the only contestant who bothered me more than Chu

by Anonymousreply 23011/23/2014

I felt that way about Lezsak(?) R229.

by Anonymousreply 23111/23/2014

God, Colby with his stupid eyebrows. Awful

R231 I loved leszak and his floppy hair and sweaters. He was a very attractive older man.

Chuck seemed like a good guy.

by Anonymousreply 23211/23/2014

Unlike most here, I like Arthur Chu precisely because he is unlikable and tried to play his own game. I was surprised that he almost dominated the 2 day final except the FJ in the 1st day which basically was the game-changer.

Julia, was clearly a level below Arthur and Ben during the tournament. Maybe because she was sick?

by Anonymousreply 23311/23/2014

Do we think our current champ (the blond Pole) may be a 'mo? I'd place a modest amount on it.

by Anonymousreply 23411/26/2014

I was rooting for Julia but then she put her left hand on her hip and had that "I'm just going to have fun" attitude. She wasn't in it to win. My impression was Arthur answered the most questions followed by Ben then Julia. After a very exciting first day the second day was boring. I thought Arthur was in his mid-30s then I looked online and found out he is 30. He looks older. Arthur knows a lot of trivia about European and American history and the Bible but I don't think he's ever answered a question about East Asian history.

by Anonymousreply 23511/26/2014

r234: I say of course he is. Cuute little guy in a tight little suit. I love his husky voice too. I hope he stays on for a while.

by Anonymousreply 23611/26/2014

Current champ Mariusz G. is adorable. Yeah, his voice makes me think he's a smoker. He's a cute little Aryan! I'm glad he won. I got a feeling that Alex was rooting for him as well.

by Anonymousreply 23711/26/2014

He's adorable.

by Anonymousreply 23811/26/2014

I still like the sweater guy whatever his name was.

by Anonymousreply 23911/26/2014

Finally! A Jeopardy champ that I'd like to see naked! You rock, Mariusz!!

by Anonymousreply 24011/26/2014

I'd have given ANYTHING to see Chuck Forrest naked!

by Anonymousreply 24111/26/2014

Chuck Forrest reminds me of Jack Palance.

That's not a compliment.

by Anonymousreply 24211/26/2014

Liking the blond Polish champ, the obese PR guy was getting to me.

by Anonymousreply 24311/26/2014

Last night's bearded, suited contestant seemed gayer than Marius.

by Anonymousreply 24411/27/2014

The new Jewish champ with the shaved head sounds like Daffy Duck when he speaks.

by Anonymousreply 24511/27/2014

[quote]The new Jewish champ with the shaved head sounds like Daffy Duck when he speaks.

I don't know, if he's Jewish why didn't he know what the prayer shawl was called? No one else buzzed in, he had all the time in the world, and still didn't answer.

by Anonymousreply 24611/27/2014

Maybe he's from a secular family?

TOTAL cringe worthy moment:

"Are you Chinese?" Yesterday, Aggie mentioned she is Korean!

by Anonymousreply 24711/27/2014

"The new Jewish champ with the shaved head sounds like Daffy Duck when he speaks."

Well, he has a Jewish surname and his face screams Hebe.

by Anonymousreply 24811/28/2014

"his face screams Hebe"

by Anonymousreply 24911/28/2014

"Jeopardy" was pre-empted in Boston on Friday, did Mr. Saliva retain his championship?

by Anonymousreply 25011/29/2014

No.

by Anonymousreply 25111/29/2014

Can you watch it via Providence as an alternative in those cases?

by Anonymousreply 25211/29/2014

No.

by Anonymousreply 25311/29/2014

It's kids' week. I hate kids' week. *grumble grumble*

by Anonymousreply 25412/01/2014

Did you say kids' week?

by Anonymousreply 25512/01/2014

R255 Lol!

by Anonymousreply 25612/01/2014

Oh ... FUCK ... I hate kids week, too!

by Anonymousreply 25712/01/2014

The kid who won was called Cerulean. What a terrible name.

by Anonymousreply 25812/01/2014

Super nerd was a cute, happy kid who told his little interview story well. And it looked like he had two moms. Cool!

Blonde, jock boy seemed to have a bit of an attitude.

by Anonymousreply 26012/01/2014

If there has to be a kids' version of Jeopardy, it was cast well. Baby gay named Cerulean vs. baby straight athlete vs. baby black ballerina. I loved when Cerulean bet all his $11,000 or so and got the answer right.

by Anonymousreply 26112/01/2014

I nearly shit my pants when he did that daily double.

by Anonymousreply 26212/01/2014

R259/R263, you're coming off as kind of creepy.

by Anonymousreply 26412/01/2014

I kind of thought the same thing. He had good bone structure. And did you see him look over at Cerulean every time Cerulean got an answer right? Probably wanted to punch him. Especially when he was on a roll at the start of double jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 26512/01/2014

I know R164 and I'm so sorry. I never would have thought I could muddy up a fucking Jeopardy thread.

by Anonymousreply 26612/01/2014

I think it's a sad, sad, sad commentary on the current status of children's television when not one of these pampered, entitled brats could answer the Final Jepopardy question right.

WTF?? Nobody watches Sesame Street anymore??

Every adult in that audience knew that answer.

Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 26712/01/2014

R267, how much money have you won on Jeopardy?

by Anonymousreply 26812/01/2014

Jesus Christ, R268, he's named CERULEAN, for fucks sake.

by Anonymousreply 26912/01/2014

R267 I'm 32 and had no idea it was big bird. I couldn't even think of an answer.

by Anonymousreply 27012/01/2014

I don't like too many kids, but Cerulean seems alright. I'm happy he won and didn't bomb on that daily double.

by Anonymousreply 27112/01/2014

I missed the question, R267 -- I thought maybe the Incredible Hulk?

It seemed an inference that the woman sitting next to the person waving her hand as Cerulean's mom was a same sex partner, but not absolutely certain; I think Alex's references to his "parents" meant he was clued into that in advance? Cerulean seemed gay to me. The idea of a gay kid of gay parents on Jeopardy would be a WHOPPING statement on where we are now.

by Anonymousreply 27212/01/2014

A character that's been around for over 45 years that's over 8 ft tall??

😳😳😳😳

by Anonymousreply 27312/01/2014

Brooke Shields?

by Anonymousreply 27412/02/2014

r273, the answer is "Mr. Clean."

by Anonymousreply 27512/02/2014

When was "Mr. Clean" ever over 8' tall?

Wouldn't The Jolly Green Giant be more likely?

by Anonymousreply 27612/02/2014

So once again Alex was fawning over a young blond athlete.

by Anonymousreply 27712/02/2014

The jock kid wasn't particularly blond; the dork-nerd was.

by Anonymousreply 27812/02/2014

That little girl was super annoying.

by Anonymousreply 27912/02/2014

I fear her classmates may share your opinion.

by Anonymousreply 28012/03/2014

This little girl was not annoying.

by Anonymousreply 28112/03/2014

True. She was pretty chill.

by Anonymousreply 28212/03/2014

So, it's confirmed that Cerulean does, indeed, have two moms.

by Anonymousreply 28312/04/2014

R293 I thought so. That's cool. I liked that kid

by Anonymousreply 28412/04/2014

Are they gonna have the winners compete in a big finale or is this it?

One winner per day?

by Anonymousreply 28512/04/2014

Well at least that girl on Wednesday night didn't have to waste time competing in Final Jeopardy, she could get started on curing cancer.

by Anonymousreply 28612/04/2014

Good lord, the girl in the middle looked and acted like a 40-year old woman.

Smile, honey 😀

Poor, teeny tiny Olivia.

by Anonymousreply 28712/04/2014

LOL R287 I thought the same thing. She looked like she was seriously in her early 30s.

by Anonymousreply 28812/04/2014

She sounded much older too.

by Anonymousreply 28912/04/2014

Agree. She definitely seemed at least 15. Grown up voice.

I liked the little boy who won. Like Cerulean part 2.

by Anonymousreply 29012/04/2014

[quote] Poor, teeny tiny Olivia.

Alex's takedown of her height early on surely didn't help her confidence. Also noted: When the results of the Final Round were announced, he mentioned her having trouble with her "clicker" throughout the show.

by Anonymousreply 29112/05/2014

The height thing was in poor taste. Sue me, but I thought the boy's dad was kinda hot when they showed him in the audience.

by Anonymousreply 29212/05/2014

Captain Ryan! Have you seen him? Army or Marine Captain -- sorry don't know the difference. He's been totally snarky to Alex! It's fantastic. It's like Alex works for Captain Ryan. The Captain is taking Alex down.

by Anonymousreply 29312/12/2014

captain Ryan is playing Jeopardy like he was using Monopoly money.

The Captain don't care.

by Anonymousreply 29412/13/2014

The winner tonight was cute. And according to his interview, his wife told him he looks good in cycling shorts. I wish I could see that.

The returning champion was going by her last name, "Rooks". Thought that was odd. Something about her bugged me, but she was a good sport applauding her opponents daily doubles, etc.

by Anonymousreply 29512/18/2014

I caught that yesterday about Rooks, but ... hey! I liked her, and I liked the guy, but the other lady ... not so much.

by Anonymousreply 29612/18/2014

Yeah, I didn't *dislike* Rooks. I worded my post poorly. She just seemed odd and quirky. But all in all, she was such a good sport you had to cheer for her.

At least she made some good coin the last couple of days.

by Anonymousreply 29712/18/2014

I'm bummed that Kurt lost. He was really cute.

by Anonymousreply 29812/20/2014

That colored girl that she was bigger than the game.

by Anonymousreply 29912/20/2014

I admired Kurt for wearing a green dress shirt.

by Anonymousreply 30012/20/2014

Yeah. . .I, too, wanted to see a photo of Kurt in his cycling shorts. Or, as I call him in my dreams. . .Mounds.

by Anonymousreply 30112/20/2014

The stay-at-home-dad Catholic-turned-Jew is pinging, the lawyer champ not far behind.

by Anonymousreply 30212/26/2014

Lawyer lost last night, but he mentioned his "friend" who helped him when his lawn mower caught on fire.

by Anonymousreply 30312/27/2014

"I'm bummed that Kurt lost. He was really cute"

Kurt looked like Nick Lachey.

by Anonymousreply 30412/27/2014

Does Alex know the contestants' stories ahead of time? I'm waiting for him to bring up one where it turns out to be a same sex deal. I believe the two gay guys (one was David Gard) did it themselves not based on his intro.

The lawyer and the current champ seemed to be specifically avoiding the gender issue.

By the way, anyone else find Alex's bracelet faggy?

by Anonymousreply 30512/27/2014

Of course Alex knows what the contestants are going to say. Do you really believe he could manage even one of his inept comebacks if he didn't?

Surprised the story from a few weeks ago didn't receive more attention. Alex made one of the girl contestants cry during Kids Week. She had no money to play Final Jeopardy, and Alex was a bit harsh in pointing that out, making the girl's mother pissed backstage. She demanded to the producers that part of the show be retaped, but Alex balked and mildly threatened to quit if he were made to retape it.

by Anonymousreply 30612/28/2014

I've seen references to that story, but didn't see the show itself. I thought perhaps that Alex only gets a hint of their topic "Working with disabled kids" but not the exact details.

by Anonymousreply 30712/28/2014

The objectionable passage begins at 17:20.

by Anonymousreply 30812/28/2014

Nothing remarkable here at all. Did they redo it?

by Anonymousreply 30912/28/2014

[quote]The stay-at-home-dad Catholic-turned-Jew is pinging

My TV is on fire.

by Anonymousreply 31012/29/2014

The new gay boy champ needs to shave that facial hair. It's aging him about ten years.

by Anonymousreply 31112/29/2014

There was no "new" champ. The flaming, pinging "dad" won again.

by Anonymousreply 31212/30/2014

What? He can't be the "new" champ for two days?

by Anonymousreply 31312/30/2014

I was pulling for mousy Ramona, who could have had a memorable come from behind win if she'd only known the Final Jeopardy answer, which I thought was an easy one.

by Anonymousreply 31412/30/2014

Yes, yes....poor Ramona. I thought surely she would know he Final Jeopardy answer. That would have been an awesome comback!

Stay at home dad continues his reign of terror this evening - I hope we have more eye candy contestants.

And they haven't mentioned the fleur-de-lis disaster yet. Maybe they're going to let it stand.

by Anonymousreply 31512/30/2014

I can't believe Ramona missed the final Jeopardy! I was rooting for her, too. That comeback will remain memorable. Yes, hopefully tonight we'll get something cute to look at, although I love the way our current champion apologizes every time he doesn't know an answer- charming!

by Anonymousreply 31612/30/2014

The Reign of The Gay continues! Pretty cool to have had pilot parents.

by Anonymousreply 31712/30/2014

We need another REAL competition tonight. It has been awhile since it hasn't been a runaway by one or two contestants.

It is amazing to see lifelong dreams of contestants being on Jeopardy get CRUSHED in the span of thirty minutes.

by Anonymousreply 31812/31/2014

Runaway tonight ... again!

by Anonymousreply 31901/01/2015

The more Vaughan wins, the more attractive he's becoming!

by Anonymousreply 32001/01/2015

The Indian guy in the middle was hot, and judging by the muscles in his neck, I'm guessing ripped down below, as well.

by Anonymousreply 32101/01/2015

Another GAY day

by Anonymousreply 32201/01/2015

Vaughn will be in the Tournament of Champions now that he secured his 5th win.

by Anonymousreply 32301/01/2015

That woman in the middle booth today (Page?) was freaking me out. First, I think she was trying to break her buzzer with the force she was using to click it. And also she would turn her head to the side when the other players gave their responses, which bugged me to no end.

by Anonymousreply 32401/02/2015

Vaughn has $103,103!!!

Stay at home dad....never mentioned a wife or partner..... Good luck tonight, V!

Good game from everybody last night....but that middle girl was annoying...was she doing that so the producers might think her buzzer was broken? Sometimes people buzz in, and when someone else gets the bell, they look offstage at the producer like "WTF?"

by Anonymousreply 32501/02/2015

Okay ... he's a graduate student, and has a kid. The "stay at home dad" designation STRONGLY implies there's another parent with full-time employment, unless Vaughn happens to be independently wealthy. If I didn't know better, I'd swear he's toying with Alex, making him sweat about bringing up a husband, as for some reason Alex positively swoons over any mention of an opposite-gender couple.

by Anonymousreply 32601/02/2015

OMG - just now - Alex ask him about his marriage... to a woman lol

by Anonymousreply 32701/02/2015

"This contestant's child must have been adopted."

"Who is Vaughn, Alex?"

by Anonymousreply 32801/02/2015

No!!! Vaughn!!!

Well that settles it, Vaughan must be straight. No, not because he has a "wife", but because he answered a Streisand-related Final Jeopardy question incorrectly.

by Anonymousreply 32901/02/2015

Vaughn lost to a new gay today. This has been the gayest week of Jeopardy ever.

by Anonymousreply 33001/02/2015

I watched a couple of episodes this week; got distracted by phone calls; didn't pay enough attention and only on THIS board did I read - to my f---ing AMAZEMENT! that Vaughn, who struck MOI as Queen of the F---ing Nile!, was a stay-at-home-dad, and tonight when he mentioned to being married to a WOMAN, I almost fell off my chair!

Ping, ping, ping. And yes, to lose on a Streisand question, which I thought ANYONE watching would know - the horror, the horror.

Incidentally, is it just me or does anyone else think the questions have been easier than usual this week?

by Anonymousreply 33101/02/2015

Sorry to read as a SPOILER that Vaughn lost; the show isn't on here until 7:30 Pacific. The idea of him and a "wife" isn't too far above ... I dunno ... Marcus B.?

by Anonymousreply 33201/02/2015

[quote]Sorry to read as a SPOILER that Vaughn lost; the show isn't on here until 7:30 Pacific

Oops, sorry OP.

by Anonymousreply 33301/02/2015

I actually figured he had to lose sometime. Being out west it's far worse when folks start discussing the Final question before I've had a chance to see if I know the answer myself.

I love all my fellow DL Jeopardy addicts! When I visit my mom we look forward to watching it together after dinner -- how GAY is that!

And a special shout out to my fellow Leszak fans - he definitely had it going on! For women, Stephanie (blond with the cats-eye-like glasses) was probably my favorite from the past year.

I did accidentally run across one contestant not long after her show aired, who wasn't thrilled about being singled-out, but admitted that she didn't find Alex very ... friendly.

Cerulean wins HANDS DOWN as "coolest contestant EVER" - in an interview afterwards I saw on the 'net, he said it was a real thrill to just play "for real" rather than watch at home, regardless of how much money he won.

by Anonymousreply 33401/02/2015

I couldn't wait to get to Datalounge after watching tonight's hilariously gay edition featuring Queen 1 and Queen 2. And Queen 1 is married to a WOMAN?!? I started laughing uncontrollably when I heard that. I was sure Vaughn was a Datalounger. And the Final Jeopardy question was about Barbra Streisand refusing to get a nose job?!? And you go Queen 2, new Jeopardy champion! Did you all see his gay gasps when he won?

I love this show.

by Anonymousreply 33501/02/2015

Wasn't it earlier his week we had on the single lawyer, whose "friend" helped him fix his truck?

by Anonymousreply 33601/02/2015

The guy on the right was an effeminate.

by Anonymousreply 33701/02/2015

I'm glad Vaughn had a nice run, and glad it's time for a new champion to take over. I love the opera producer champion of the night. His story during the interview portion went on about three times as long as a normal interview at a very high words per second rate lol. I have no idea what it was even about. He was excited to be there, bless him, and I love his face when they panned over to him on final jeopardy. He couldn't believe his luck to get a Streisand Funny Girl question!

by Anonymousreply 33801/02/2015

I was rooting for the producer guy as well.

😀

by Anonymousreply 33901/02/2015

Vaughn is unseated by an openly gay competitor. The new champion I am sure posts here - and probably on all of opera and soundtrack boards as well...and probably on HHW.

by Anonymousreply 34001/02/2015

I wouldn't say he's OPENLY gay as the subject wasn't specifically mentioned on the show, but between him and Vaughn ... Holy Purses and Frocks, Batman!

by Anonymousreply 34101/02/2015

Babs didn't get a nose job because she was afraid it would affect her voice.

by Anonymousreply 34201/02/2015

I was hoping one of the final answers would be something interesting like "What is an illegal abortion?"

I liked Vaughn, but when #3 won I thought he would burst into flames. Can't wait to see him again next week.

by Anonymousreply 34301/02/2015

My friend's husband was on Jeopardy and after the show aired, she heard the phone ring and her husband picked it up. She heard him say, "Is this a joke?" Turned out someone offered him a job starring in porn in New Jersey.

by Anonymousreply 34401/02/2015

Vaughn could only take so long away from pounding his wife's pussy.

by Anonymousreply 34501/02/2015

I still want to take Kurt home to meet mom.

by Anonymousreply 34601/03/2015

A friend is going on the show in a few weeks. To air in March. Can't wait to hear his backstage tales. He said he'd try his hardest to work his gayness into the interview.

by Anonymousreply 34701/03/2015

I always feel bad for any contestant who doesn't have money to play Final Jeopardy. It must be incredibly humiliating to be led away from the stage during that last commercial break, knowing you blew it big time on national television.

by Anonymousreply 34801/03/2015

Did anybody notice that in yesterday's show an error was made in the Novels category? The first clue was about In Cold Blood, which was not a novel.

by Anonymousreply 34901/03/2015

That's debatable, r349.

by Anonymousreply 35001/03/2015

R350, it is debatable whether In Cold Blood should be considered fiction or nonfiction. But the world has been told for 49 years that it's nonfiction, and the Jeopardy clues need to reflect that.

by Anonymousreply 35101/03/2015

Kurt is nice but he's still no sweater, kayaking guy from Vancouver. I can never remember his name. That guy was Outside cover magazine ready.

by Anonymousreply 35201/03/2015

Speaking of errors (by Alex)(I LOVE this thread!), I might have heard wrong, but I could swear that on one of the shows - Thursday's, maybe? last week, one category was "WOrds that end in "ic" (or something like that), and a woman contestant, for one of the "answer" said, "...what is obstetrics", and ALex said no (correct answer had something to do with birthing), and told her to remember the category ended in "ic" and she had added two extra letters.

But "obstetrics" for what might have been "obstetric"-something, would only be adding ONE letter, right?

by Anonymousreply 35301/03/2015

[quote]I always feel bad for any contestant who doesn't have money to play Final Jeopardy. It must be incredibly humiliating to be led away from the stage during that last commercial break, knowing you blew it big time on national television.

Unless you showed balls and bet everything on a Double Jeopardy very near the end. No shame in that.

I'll admit I have nagging doubts about the selection of the categories. Vaughn, a science teacher, getting a category about the periodic table of elements seemed a bit too coincidental earlier this week. I've also noticed that when a champion's welcome is wearing thin they flood the board with categories way outside his comfort zone, sports as an example.

by Anonymousreply 35401/03/2015

R353 -- I believe she said obstetrical.

I think that the sweater guy from Canada was called Grant (as far as I recall).

by Anonymousreply 35501/03/2015

Grant was a god.

by Anonymousreply 35601/03/2015

Because Capote made up a lot of dialog and scenes for IN COLD BLOOD, it was called a non-fiction novel, and marketed as such.

by Anonymousreply 35701/03/2015

In think about it, Gordon, perhaps? Unless I'm thinking of that mega-hawt Ranger Gord from Red Green?

by Anonymousreply 35801/03/2015

Who is Gordon Graham?

by Anonymousreply 35901/04/2015

Case of the Monsoon-like Mussies here at DL.

by Anonymousreply 36001/04/2015

Damn, Elliott got lucky!!

by Anonymousreply 36101/05/2015

Did he ever....I thought that woman was going to trounce him....

So he thinks Truman Capote's life will make a good opera....for a counter tenor?

I don't need to see that!

by Anonymousreply 36201/05/2015

I came here to say that an opera based on the life of Truman Capote seems like a cross between "MARY!" and "Purses and Frocks" to me.

Eric was MY TYPE. Y'all can HAVE that Jeremy Renner character.

by Anonymousreply 36301/05/2015

Today was one of the sloppiest games I've seen.

by Anonymousreply 36401/05/2015

The more I think of it, the more I'm convinced I've seen Eliot before - anyone else? Could've been in person when I lived in NYC, but more likely from a media appearance somewhere; he's distinctive enough looking I think.

by Anonymousreply 36501/06/2015

Grindr, perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 36601/06/2015

NO!

by Anonymousreply 36701/06/2015

He kind of looks like Gunther, the barrista from FRIENDS.

by Anonymousreply 36801/06/2015

Yesterday's game was miserable.

by Anonymousreply 36901/06/2015

Elliott was flaming today. I'm surprised he didn't burn the set down. Looks like he stole that sweater from my mother's closet.

by Anonymousreply 37001/06/2015

I'm loving his bubble butt.

by Anonymousreply 37101/06/2015

Val looked more nervous than any other contestant I've seen on Jeopardy. Hope she was wearing a diaper!

by Anonymousreply 37201/06/2015

Alan Hait is from Wilton Manors, Florida which has a big gay population. I suspect he might be gay.

I wonder why all these gay contestants are appearing now? I went months without suspecting a single contestant was gay until Vaughn last month.

by Anonymousreply 37301/07/2015

Vaughn was straight!

by Anonymousreply 37401/07/2015

R374 Yeah, he and his wife got each other the same card for their anniversary which read "I like guys."

by Anonymousreply 37501/07/2015

Elliott did great last night. Whew! Hope he wins again.

Val was doing exactly what they tell contestants NOT to do...just press the buzzer ONCE. If you keep pressing it, you're locked out until the other two buzz in.

Wonder what Elliott will talk about tonight? Very nice that he won his money back in Monte Carlo.

by Anonymousreply 37601/07/2015

Yay Elliot!!

Is it me or have all the recent contestants been sort of weak? No offense to Elliot but they all seem kind of lame. The questions are kind of off as well.

by Anonymousreply 37701/07/2015

Was the Korean guy wearing an actual BROOCH on his Orange cardigan? Alex was having a ball talking fashion with him.

by Anonymousreply 37801/07/2015

Anyone know of the taping schedule for Jeopardy, as in how many shows are taped in one day?

by Anonymousreply 37901/07/2015

I believe it's three per day.

by Anonymousreply 38001/07/2015

Someone once wrote that it was 5 per day, 2 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon, and Alex was a Hell of a lot nicer after he had tossed back a couple drinks at lunch.

by Anonymousreply 38101/07/2015

So, a returning champion could tape as many as five shows in one day.

by Anonymousreply 38201/07/2015

Damn.

by Anonymousreply 38301/08/2015

And Elliot bites the dust.

by Anonymousreply 38401/09/2015

Elliot had a good run. He regained good form in his third, fourth and fifth days after having a terrible second day as champion. He was in a winning position until the final Daily Double question pushed his opponent in the lead. The problem with Elliot was he bet a lot on Daily Doubles which he lost I think 2 out of 3 times and then acted like a granny on the Final Jeopardy questions betting little.

by Anonymousreply 38501/09/2015

The guy on the end yesterday (blanking on his name) was the King of fucking up on Daily Doubles. He bet it all on his first ($3000+), and all but $200 on his second ($5000)... and lost on both.

by Anonymousreply 38601/10/2015

Taping schedule is 5 a day -- 3 in the morning, lunch break, then two more. Tuesday and Wednesday every other week. I doubt Alex is knocking back scotch at lunch, but he's certainly not warm and fuzzy.

by Anonymousreply 38701/10/2015

Hi former contestant - I've always wondered when Alex is talking to all three contestants (while they're airing the closing credits), what is he talking about?

by Anonymousreply 38801/10/2015

I hated Evan so much. I'm glad he lost yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 38901/10/2015

Yes, r382. Contestants are told to bring clothing changes to the studio.

Plus, that is why we never see the audience!

by Anonymousreply 39001/10/2015

I should think being an audience member at a Jeopardy taping would be a bore. You have to remain quiet, no interaction with the proceedings and you can't even wave to Grandma.

by Anonymousreply 39101/10/2015

First thing my mom said was, "What's with all these sweaters lately?" The bow tie didn't really work, but he should've explained about the animal design.

by Anonymousreply 39201/12/2015

How could they have all missed T. E. Lawrence? Doesn't anybody watch Lawrence of Arabia anymore?

by Anonymousreply 39301/12/2015

I had no idea who it could've been when they asked the question. Never saw Lawrence of Arabia.

by Anonymousreply 39401/12/2015

OK, maybe you don't know who Lawrence of Arabia was, but that still doesn't excuse the answers they gave, Chamberlin?

by Anonymousreply 39501/12/2015

That was a very strange answer!

by Anonymousreply 39601/12/2015

That guy in the sweater and bow tie today looked a million times better than he has in the past few days in his suit and tie. And he actually smiled today as opposed to his previously grim countenance - he even has a great smile.

Oh and I got Lawrence of Arabia. Where my money at?

by Anonymousreply 39701/12/2015

All contestants were pretty dull today, hopefully things will liven up as the week goes on.

by Anonymousreply 39801/12/2015

r395: Yah, considering the Munich Pact was in 1938--Chamberlain is a slightly weird answer for somebody who died in 1935.

by Anonymousreply 39901/12/2015

I knew it, because I remember standing in front of his motorcycle at the Imperial War Museum and simply being in awe of how beautiful it was.

I'm not a motorcycle person, but his Brough Superior motorcycle is a work of art.

by Anonymousreply 40001/13/2015

At least no one guessed Duane Allman.

by Anonymousreply 40101/13/2015

Guess our champ is a full-blooded metrosexual? I'm left very curious if his wife is Asian. Hector's going to be spoiled rotten with all the loot John's racking up.

by Anonymousreply 40201/13/2015

The champ would be a good looking guy if he got some contacts and shaved that beard. Looks like he has a nice, tight, rocking body under that sweater.

by Anonymousreply 40301/13/2015

The blue-framed glasses add to the hipster look, and the facial hair is fine. He seems to have lightened up a lot the longer he's been on.

Was that a "fleece" or a sweater tonight?

by Anonymousreply 40401/13/2015

Is just me or have the categories and questions (answers) been slightly "off" for the last month or so? The categories don't flow, the difficulty level is all over the map, and a lot of the questions have been awkwardly written.

It's like they changed writing teams about the time of that kiddie tournament.

by Anonymousreply 40501/13/2015

Sally Versace!

by Anonymousreply 40601/14/2015

How could none of them know that was John Wilkes Booth in the photo?

by Anonymousreply 40701/15/2015

Why is Jeopardy so obsessed with Aladdin?

by Anonymousreply 40801/15/2015

I loved that answer, R406!

I knew I should know who the photo was, but best I ended up with was blurting out "Dr. Mudd?"

Pet peeve: Jeopardy fans KNOW that Ontario is a Canadian province!

by Anonymousreply 40901/15/2015

I've noticed that the same sources are always popping up for answers on this show - Grandma Moses, Animal Farm, On the Road, New York City-centric trivia - and of course, Canada!

by Anonymousreply 41001/15/2015

When the camera pulls back for a commercial break, a row of people behind computer screens can be seen, which I assume are the judges?

by Anonymousreply 41101/15/2015

Probably - not long ago they actually showed the announcer.

by Anonymousreply 41201/15/2015

R411: When the camera pulls back for a commercial break, a row of people behind computer screens can be seen, which I assume are the judges?

During the commercial breaks, the judges and producers have to re-watch the entire segment to confirm answers were correct and that there were no technical glitches. When I was at a taping, they had to re-record a contestant saying a correct answer before they could continue.

by Anonymousreply 41301/15/2015

R405, I think you're on to something. But what I've noticed - for about a month now - there are TOO many times where none of the f---ing contestants knows ANY answer, like for almost 1 whole category! Like 1-14. VERY annoying; although it IS always humorous to see how bitchy Trebek is when they miss something.

by Anonymousreply 41401/15/2015

I agree that there are some new answer writers...and they are terrible. If you expect someone to hear and answer a question in a matter of seconds - it should be clearly written so that there is only ONE correct answer.

New Orleans Saints - fleur-de-lis anyone?

And the categories are really stretching it trying to be "cute".....

I don't like the video answers either - they take too much time.

The tragic hipster champ has over $100,000 - maybe someone will knock him off tonight.

by Anonymousreply 41501/15/2015

Can we please stop with all of the TV answers being about Breaking Bad? And no Alex, no one knows about, or cares about Canada!

by Anonymousreply 41601/15/2015

Without looking - This is the most-populous American island.

by Anonymousreply 41701/15/2015

Oahu? I didn't cheat.

by Anonymousreply 41801/15/2015

You may well ask, R408.

British Tea Company? He was clearly out of it from the get-go tonight.

by Anonymousreply 41901/15/2015

Manhattan?

by Anonymousreply 42001/15/2015

"You may well ask, [R408].

British Tea Company? He was clearly out of it from the get-go tonight."

He was running out of sweaters, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 42101/15/2015

Yeah, he was really lackluster. He didn't seem to be trying very hard.

by Anonymousreply 42201/15/2015

If, indeed, Jeopardy tapes five shows per day, he was probably exhausted.

by Anonymousreply 42301/15/2015

If they count Cuba as "American," then it's Cuba. If not, it IS Manhattan. You win the golden sweater.

by Anonymousreply 42401/15/2015

I meant to say that last night I was shocked that the other guy's hair looked like a bad case of bed-head; my mom said that it was SUPPOSED to look that way in purpose.

by Anonymousreply 42501/15/2015

Lol, r421.

by Anonymousreply 42701/15/2015

[quote]Without looking - This is the most-populous American island.

Puerto Rico, you dullards!

Cuba!? Come on.

by Anonymousreply 42801/15/2015

Goodbye, John. If he had to be beaten by one of those women, it least it was the least annoying one.

I think she has one-day champ written all over her though.

We shall see this evening.

by Anonymousreply 42901/16/2015

Guess what? I'll have a ____ ______ iced tea.

by Anonymousreply 43001/16/2015

I think they reached all the way back to the 60s or 70s for Nicholas. All he needs is a porn 'stash to complete the look.

by Anonymousreply 43101/16/2015

Is Nicholas wearing a wig? Also, I believe I want Mehmet deep inside me.

by Anonymousreply 43201/16/2015

Case of the Mighty Moist Mussy!

Mehmet and Nicholas sitting in a tree ... K I S S I N G

Meanwhile, on WOF poor Pat had to deal with a winner and his husband embracing on stage.

by Anonymousreply 43301/16/2015

Mehmet is a hottie for sure.

by Anonymousreply 43401/16/2015

Was very surprised that no one guessed Keats. The woman was way off for an English teacher.

by Anonymousreply 43501/16/2015

Oooo eeee Mehmet is hot. Nicolas looks like a hipster

by Anonymousreply 43601/16/2015

Hot guys tonight. And it was interesting to learn that Forrest Gump is about a lawyer with AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 43701/16/2015

The new champ is hot. Mehmet is a little to greasy and terroristy looking for me.

by Anonymousreply 43801/17/2015

Mehmet is hot as fuck, with a voice to match. His chat with Alex was odd, though, his father wins $50K in the lottery and keeps the news to himself?

by Anonymousreply 43901/17/2015

Hot daddy on Jeopardy tonight. I wouldn't mind seeing Tim and Nicholas in a Daily Double.

by Anonymousreply 44001/19/2015

Just as I thought....she was one day and out!

Hopefully more hot guys this week!

by Anonymousreply 44101/19/2015

I'm in love with Nicholas!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 44201/19/2015

Art --

At long last, they give the contestants by day, so you can look forward to specific hotties.

by Anonymousreply 44301/19/2015

Nicholas keeps his hair long and partially in front of those big ass ears. He writes his name so perfectly, as an architect might.

by Anonymousreply 44401/19/2015

nicholas

Lots of money on the table tonight. Alex had no time for Dad's story and let the woman hang herself trying to make her story interesting.

Trying to imagine 8000 miles in a car with nicholas. It might be too much.

Much better categories today and most of the answers made sense.

by Anonymousreply 44501/19/2015

Leah didn't want to say why she had to marry in such a rush . . . a deportation issue?

by Anonymousreply 44601/19/2015

I thought shotgun wedding.

by Anonymousreply 44701/19/2015

Goodbye, nicholas. And on a side note, Alex was very bitchy tonight.

by Anonymousreply 44801/20/2015

Missed it last night because I was traveling, and tonight it's pre-empted here. (sad face)

by Anonymousreply 45001/20/2015

Is it me, or is the new guy who won tonight giving off a [italic]really[/italic] creepy vibe?

by Anonymousreply 45101/20/2015

nicholas....gone....the more I looked at his hair, it looked like a Dynel wig...and his brother was shown in the audience last night...weird looking as well.

New champion was giving everyone the side eye....woman contestant was a chatterbox who editorialized all night. Can't the producers tell them to shut that stuff up?

Yes new champ is creepy....depending on competitors, he may be in until Friday.

TWT.

by Anonymousreply 45201/21/2015

Nicolas is hot but skinny, geeky men are my type.

by Anonymousreply 45301/21/2015

Don't read if you haven't seen Wednesday's game.

Lithping Athian taketh the crown.

I liked it best when he had to say: "What ith Thivel Thervithe?"

by Anonymousreply 45401/21/2015

I didn't notice the lisping. I see why R451 thought the old champ was creepy; the story about them being the same age and not knowing each other in school (yes she was a year ahead) was strange.

I figured if I knew the final answer, they all would. Then again, I'm old enough to know about Bazooka Joe.

by Anonymousreply 45501/21/2015

Here I am again after tonight's show. The champ's diction is slightly off, but I wouldn't call it a "lisp" exactly. I had no idea of the Final answer. I did, however, know Malta earlier, which stumped the trio of brainiacs.

by Anonymousreply 45601/22/2015

He got totally lucky!!!!

I thought he was a goner for sure.

by Anonymousreply 45701/23/2015

Always kind of sad when only two people end up in Final Jeopardy.....even sadder when the missing one is the Champion from the previous day....that podium looks SO EMPTY.

New female champion is not repeat material. I don't think we'll see her after today.

Alex was relentless Thursday in his contestant bashing.

Hmmmm....champ's speech was better last night, still something was wrong....maybe new flippers.

by Anonymousreply 45801/23/2015

Not the brightest bulbs on Thursday's show.

by Anonymousreply 45901/23/2015

Last night was the worst game I've seen in a long time. When the current champion managed to have money for final Jeopardy I knew he would win. The other two weren't thinking about him when they made their wager.

by Anonymousreply 46001/23/2015

Oh it was awful. You know people don't know the answers and it becomes a slow game when there's a lot of clues left at the end of the round. I think after round one there were seven clues left. Most I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 46101/23/2015

OMG I must be on drugs.....there is Will! What was I watching last night?

Game seems to be moving faster tonight....we shall see.

by Anonymousreply 46201/23/2015

Agree with posters about Thursday's show; I got SO sick of Trebek (having to) say "no". What a bunch of f---ing morons! Has this show dumbed down the test? I've been watching for - will admit to 30, years; NEVER seen it this bad.

And tonight, glad that 2 contestants (not former champion Asian-boy) knew the Final Jeopardy answer, St. Lawrence River -yayy! Shout-out to my small area of the world.

by Anonymousreply 46301/23/2015

All the silence on Thursday's game made it feel like a bad date.

by Anonymousreply 46401/23/2015

Most appropriate ending to a lackluster week.

More clues left on the board!

New champion looks interesting....we shall see on Monday. He is tall! They didn't have to stand him on a box.

You can really tell each contestant's relative height during the closing credits when they are all standing out on the stage with Mr T.

by Anonymousreply 46501/23/2015

I knew the Final answer, too.

Brad is cute. Southeasterner was a great catch on his part.

Questions do, indeed, seem a bit dumbed down.

Did you folks get "shewolf" from Shakira alone (I didn't), or did you need the Romulus and Remus additional clue as I did?

by Anonymousreply 46601/23/2015

A Shakira category. Oh. Dear.

by Anonymousreply 46701/23/2015

Who's Shakira?

by Anonymousreply 46801/23/2015

I knew she was a singer at least, Art. You didn't notice she had a whole category tonight?

by Anonymousreply 46901/23/2015

I thought it said Shaka Zulu.

by Anonymousreply 47001/24/2015

How come you don't get twice the money you bet when you get Double Jeopardy correct?

by Anonymousreply 47101/24/2015

It really should be called Bonus Jeopardy - perhaps back in the days of black-and-white with rabbit ears it was actually a double bet?

Wanted to clarify that when the judges agree the answer was correct later on, they get double what was originally subtracted? So, if at break they had 5000 and it was a 1000 question, they now have 7000. What do those guys do? Yell "STOP!" and file a reconsideration request in front of the audience?

by Anonymousreply 47201/24/2015

OP; I love you beyond belief and description; you remember back to the "old" Jeopardy game - I feel less "elder" and alone now! To your question a few "Rs" ago, I, too, needed "Romulus and Remus" to get "shewolf." I have heard of Shakira; seen her on the Grammys, I guess - but I was a bit - perplexed?? - to see her as a category.

(Thrilled that you knew St. Lawrence River! I have a tendency to think almost no one knows of this tiny part of the world.)

by Anonymousreply 47301/24/2015

I believe my thought process was rivers that explorers that early would've seen. Mississippi and Hudson weren't saints, but I was thinking visually on a map so St. Lawrence was on the northeastern US/Canada radar.

I was raised in the northeast and love geography. Furthest upstate I've been is Albany; my first bf's family had a place near Chatham, NY (long before that area become trendy for city folks).

I feel ashamed for not getting the Antigua and Barbuda answer a few days ago. I was watching with my mom while visiting (she loves it, too), and she'd say "How do you KNOW so much?" Guess I've just picked it up. She holds her own well enough.

The video questions almost always seem like an excuse for a junket to that location for a day or so's work.

by Anonymousreply 47401/24/2015

The latino{?} guy who intros the video clues is hot and appears to be packin.

by Anonymousreply 47501/24/2015

Jimmy -- note the wedding ring though.

You must have missed the ones that had him working out in the gym, which likely would've had you working out (something else) yourself.

by Anonymousreply 47601/24/2015

Recently, there has been more and more no-answers among the contestants. The sound of crickets chirping does not make for good television - and the producers appear to be reducing the amount of time during these no-answers post production. Good Jeopardy clues used to be written where the answer could have been 1 of 2 or 1 of 3 choices. Now they just stand there with blank looks on their faces because they have no clue what the writers are talking about.

The fault lies fully with the writers. What happened to classic Jeopardy categories? We're forced to sit through contrived categories that fit the "theme" of the categories. Sometimes it's not until the third clue before the contestants can grasp what the writers were attempting to ask.

And can we please have a board that DOES NOT have at least one of the following as an answer - Grandma Moses, Jack Kerouac, Red Badge of Courage, MOMA, NPR or Canadian minutia.

by Anonymousreply 47701/25/2015

[quote]What happened to classic Jeopardy categories? We're forced to sit through contrived categories that fit the "theme" of the categories.

Thank you. They're worried about the categories being clever as they flow from left to right, but it comes at the expense of game play.

When was the last time you saw any of the old classics like Potent Potables or Potpourri?

by Anonymousreply 47801/25/2015

Thanks again about the classic categories. When Alex introduces categories, I try to determine which ones would have been on the old Art Fleming Jeopardy. Less and less. Also, on the old AF Jeopardy, one day all three contestants would up negative. I don't recall ever seeing that on the current edition. Incidentally, I had an automobile accident right after that. So be especially careful should that ever occur.

by Anonymousreply 47901/25/2015

Category title complaints are 100% true....where are the old reliables? Who decided that it would be "cute" to have the categories read like a sentence across the board?

Stupid. And as has been pointed out, sometimes it takes two or three answers for the contestants to figure out what they are referring to.

It looks like they fired a bunch of writers in 2011 and so the new bunch must be responsible for most of the crap....although they've had the same producer for decades.

by Anonymousreply 48001/25/2015

R477 and R478, I love you both! Glad other people remember Potent Potables, sigh...Agree the writers are f---ing up BIG time. But as an elder, I will point out that a lot of times with categories like TV shows (or, "old" TV shows), there sometimes are references that I, 55+, would remember (shows from the 70's; even 80's), but I've seen (not recently; maybe a year or so ago, here and there) all 3 contestants stand there with blank expressions, 'cause if they're 20-something or even perhaps early 30's: they don't REMEMBER, unless from reruns on TV Land or whatever, certain shows; they're literally before their time.

(That having been said, I - and probably both of you and a lot of us - DO remember hearing about shows before OUR time!....oh, well...)

by Anonymousreply 48101/25/2015

Lets take a look at the board shall we? We have:

Mary. Those are famous Marys.

Had. Those are geographical places that start in "Had"

'A'. Things that America loves about Obama starting with an 'A'. Those clues will be given by Bill Clinton.

Little.

and

Lamb.

by Anonymousreply 48201/25/2015

Eric was hot, but the chick won. Lost interest in the champ when the wife was mentioned.

No one else watched tonight?

by Anonymousreply 48301/26/2015

I like the "chick," Haven't had many classy oriental women on there. Apparently her son isn't very fond of her. For me, it was between San Francisco and Sacramento, but I picked SF.

by Anonymousreply 48401/27/2015

I got it that she and the kid have some sort of dysfunctional thing going on.

by Anonymousreply 48501/27/2015

New champ played a great game....and betting $5 thousand on that double jeopardy was a game changer!

Glasses guy with the roommate story had potential....but went down the chute....too bad.

MORE clues left on the board yesterday. It's not the contestants, it's the writers!

by Anonymousreply 48601/27/2015

I think I understand why they've changed the categories, and a big reason is to try to defeat the Arthur Chu style of play where they jump right to the bottom of the board. With the new style categories it really helps to start at the top and work down.

I'm not defending it, but I find the aggressive Double Jeopardy Hunting style of play very irritating and based on the furor over Chu I'm not alone, so I can see why they're doing it.

by Anonymousreply 48701/27/2015

Brian is a cutie.

by Anonymousreply 48801/27/2015

Well, Brian is the dumbass that thought Leonardo DiCaprio has won two Best Actor Oscars. Leo? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Dude lost by $1 to a woman who bet 0. In fact, she's won twice in a row by only $1.

by Anonymousreply 48901/27/2015

So cool that she's a "retired homemaker from Greenwich." My idol. Haaa!

by Anonymousreply 49001/27/2015

Boo; up here in buttfuck Northern New York, the local station - as it does about once a month - preempts "Jeopardy!" (And "Wheel", but who cares) for some dumb special about kids with disfigured faces. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 49101/27/2015

I could have come up with the answer to Final Jeopardy, but not in 30 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 49201/27/2015

I wasn't home and missed tonight's show, too, R491.

Every June, here in Seattle we miss about a half dozen Jeopardy! episodes that are pre-empted for the live feed of the NBA Playoffs (groan).

by Anonymousreply 49301/27/2015

Ugh.....Asian woman won by $1. Of course what she did was smart.

It's funny that some contestants do things like that, and it doesn't bother me at all. But she is one of the ones who irritate me, so I hate that she won that way.

Hopefully she'll get canned by someone tonight.

I was with Brian all the way until he wrote that Leo won two Oscars......

If Jeopardy and/or Wheel of Fortune are not shown at their regular times because of special programming, they are usually shown very early the next morning - like 3 or 4 a.m. Your DVR should catch them there if you set it for the specific programs on those days.

by Anonymousreply 49401/28/2015

I love the Asian woman, Christine. In addition to being smart, she looks like she'd be a riot to have drinks with while dryly trashing the mutual people we dislike.

by Anonymousreply 49501/28/2015

And you when you leave the table to pay the tab.

by Anonymousreply 49601/28/2015

How many of you got yesterday's Final Jeopardy question in the time allotted? I thought of Marlon Brando, but I didn't think of Dustin Hoffman. (Only one response was needed.)

by Anonymousreply 49701/28/2015

THanks, R494!

by Anonymousreply 49801/28/2015

I have no DVR/Tivo.

by Anonymousreply 49901/28/2015

Mad respect to Christine Kim for doing what other players often don't have the testes to do. Their cautious play usually guarantees them 2nd or 3rd place.

With time nearly out (turned out hers was the last question) she denied the cute guy a significant runaway win by betting her whole stash on the Daily Double. And that was after he got the first DD and only wagered a measly $700 - perhaps feeling overly comfortable with his lead.

That's the kind of play a majority of contestants seem afraid to do and it drives me nuts as a viewer when their defensive wagering strategies don't position themselves to pressure the leader at the end.

That's not to say that I wouldn't do the same thing if I were up there and had to make a fast decision... but from the comfort of my couch I like to criticize them for playing it too safe and not going after a win.

by Anonymousreply 50001/28/2015

What is ancient Chinese secret?

by Anonymousreply 50101/28/2015

Contestants seem to be a tad dumber than they used to be. Nobody knew where The Color Purple was set?

by Anonymousreply 50201/28/2015

SPOILER FOR WEDNESDAY SPOILER FOR WEDNESDAY

No DVR/Tivo.....well maybe you can set your alarm clock and get up early to watch.

Christine played well yesterday as R500 wrote - but her azz was handed to her today by the girl in the middle. I think she had a great story of having to raise funds to get to LA to play once she was chosen, and she certainly looked like she could use the money. I'm glad she's the new champ. She was the only one to know the answer to FINAL JEOPARDY....I certainly didn't.

And yesterday's FJ about Oscar winners....I was thinking Jack Nicholson....the only other two time winners I could think of were Spencer Tracy and Fredric March....and of course one of Nicholson's was for Supporting Actor..... That pressure sends a lot of knowledge out of my brain. Forgot completely about Hoffman.

So the girl with the gummy smile and the bad clothes will be back to close the week on Friday. Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 50301/28/2015

....and Brando....

by Anonymousreply 50401/28/2015

Calgon, R501.

by Anonymousreply 50501/28/2015

I knew the answer, Art. It brought back bad memories of fourth year high school French class. And, yes, I also knew that The Color Purple was set in Georgia.

Christine certainly gave a new look to the term Greenwich Matron; I detected a rather strong NYC accent she had.

Andrew was adorable, but I did note a wedding ring (I think).

Today's only Wednesday, Art -- what's going on tomorrow that you think there's no show?

by Anonymousreply 50601/28/2015

I thought Jack Nicholson too, but I knew Le Chanson de Roland. Pty that class act was beaten by that slob.

by Anonymousreply 50701/28/2015

Not one of those three last evening knew that was a photograph of Carnegie Hall? One even guessed Radio City Music Hall. Oy!

The Jewish lawyer with the enormous tits and the baby teeth lives another day.

by Anonymousreply 50801/29/2015

I thought she was Italian?

Yes, I knew it was Carnegie Hall, too.

by Anonymousreply 50901/29/2015

Her name is Marissa Edelman.

by Anonymousreply 51001/29/2015

About last night's winner, Ms. Edelman: was Mamma Cass really a mama? Yeah, I'm glad she won, too. "Retired homemaker" can go back to Greenwich and her charity work.

by Anonymousreply 51101/29/2015

I've stood in front of CH several times and don't think I'd immediately recognize it. It's not like it's often in the news anymore.

by Anonymousreply 51201/29/2015

It's only one of the most famous structures in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 51301/29/2015

No....it should be on Thursday...today....I was just posting very soon after Wednesday's show on the East Coast, and I didn't want to spoil for the West Coast fans of Asian Mama.

Marissa might be around for a few days, if she keeps her cool.

by Anonymousreply 51401/29/2015

Why do so many of the female contestants on Jeopardy have such large breasts?

by Anonymousreply 51501/29/2015

I had kinda noticed that myself, R515.

Surprised y'all didn't find Andrew good looking, but I guess being highly attracted to nerds/geeks/dorks he held a special appeal to me. Did his intense interest in the theater go under everyone else's radar? Alex seemed as though he were positively flirting with the guy (and he wasn't even Canadian!).

by Anonymousreply 51601/29/2015

Current champion Marissa must be living paycheck to paycheck if she couldn't afford a plane ticket to Los Angeles the same week she was laid off from work.

by Anonymousreply 51701/29/2015

Thursday results below....

All women today.

Karen was unstoppable!!!

Marissa got left in the dust.

The beginning of Thursday's game was more like the old Jeopardy with contestants getting every response quickly.....then in the second round, it got ugly.

Statistics grandma Amy - I think- just couldn't get the button pushed.

Did someone on this thread say they were going on Jeopardy soon? Wonder if they've taped yet?

by Anonymousreply 51801/29/2015

OMG SHE DID HAVE RAT TEETH. I have never seen an odder looking mouth.

Couldn't the colored girl afford a bra?

by Anonymousreply 51901/29/2015

Statistics Amy -- Amsterdam is a country?

Statistics Amy -- Port Authority is in Pennsylvania?

No Bra Karen -- Gallipoli is in Italy and the battle occurred in WWII?

Nitwits one and all!

by Anonymousreply 52001/29/2015

I thought the same thing with those R520 and was less-than-impressed with Marissa's final response of "Raj"!

Fig ... Newton! (roll eyes here)

by Anonymousreply 52101/29/2015

I was hoping the African girl would win; she seemed very smart. R508, agree with you - no one knew Carnegie Hall??! And LOVED how Trebek said, "no"!, it's Carnegie Hall!"(or something); he is SO bitchy!

by Anonymousreply 52201/29/2015

No Bra Karen wins again. And again, the first round gave a promise of a better game than it turned out to be.

God helps us all....next week starts the Teacher's Tournament that always makes me weep for the students of our country....

by Anonymousreply 52301/31/2015

Hey ... I like the teachers! It's the kids weeks that cause me to think about going out for dinner, etc.

by Anonymousreply 52401/31/2015

I'm glad the colored girl won again. She's cute. I hope she uses some of the winnings to get those chicklets fixed because she's actually one of those nerd-pretty girls. And for fuck's sake go get fitted properly for a bra. She's to young to have those titties going down to her bellybutton.

by Anonymousreply 52501/31/2015

Um, R521? I think you meant to say darkie.

by Anonymousreply 52601/31/2015

Can all of the New Yorkers stop getting their knickers in a twist over the rest of the world not knowing what the nondescript exterior of Carnagie Hall looks like - or that the PANYNJ owns the Trade Center?

I guess not, since to them, nothing exists outside the island of Manhattan.

by Anonymousreply 52701/31/2015

The show tapes a few months before air. If dramas and daytime serials with six scenes an episode can be edited in two weeks, what takes Jeopardy so long?

by Anonymousreply 52801/31/2015

Years back I saw a hot guy on the show, watched every night just for him. The next Sunday saw him at The Dugout on Christopher Street.

by Anonymousreply 52901/31/2015

Alex says trih-BECK. Why does the announcer call him TREE-beck?

by Anonymousreply 53001/31/2015

I think Alex is reading this thread. Last night or Thursday night he said: "I know a lot of you are wondering what we talk about when the credits are rolling. . . "

by Anonymousreply 53101/31/2015

If so, that would confirm the numerous assertions made about him here.

by Anonymousreply 53201/31/2015

I watched it one time. The question had to do with a large island nation off the coast of southern Africa. One man said, "Malagasy Republic," which at that time was correct, and the host said "Madagascar." The contestant didn't protest. He lost.

It's been 44 years. Hasn't been corrected yet.

by Anonymousreply 53302/01/2015

I was rooting for the ole math teacher. Something seems "off" to me about Colin, our hip cool champ. The kids dousing each other with fake blood to accompany reading Titus Andronicus -- really? Wonder if he screens the nasty video starring Anthony Hopkins, too?

I knew what GMTA stands for, and guessed "mellow" -- none of those teachers knew either answer. I knew about the Sundance foundation in Utah, too; however, I would've guessed Nashville rather than Frankfort.

by Anonymousreply 53402/03/2015

r534: What was off to me about Colin--presuming he's an English teacher, why didn't he know that the English nickname, "The blind poet" referred to John Milton, who is considered second to Shakespeare in the canon of English literature (I was an English major long ago).

by Anonymousreply 53502/03/2015

He was cute, though.

Hi Alex!!

by Anonymousreply 53602/03/2015

Thought the same thing, r535. Should have been easy for him. Maybe he's just the drama teacher.

by Anonymousreply 53702/03/2015

He's hot. I'm loving the sexy beard.

by Anonymousreply 53802/03/2015

I thought most of you would be smitten with him. He's too self-consciously hip for me (see: blood throwing).

by Anonymousreply 53902/03/2015

"He's hot. I'm loving the sexy beard."

And I'll bet he could identify Carnegie Hall from a photograph.

by Anonymousreply 54002/04/2015

I didn't watch Teachers on Monday, but I watched it on Tuesday.

The right contestant won and will move on. I didn't like the science teacher and the "special ed" guy just wasn't on the ball.

The tiny history teacher who won though did have an irritating affected voice that wore awfully thin.

Great first round...board emptied...more struggles in the second round. Good questions, though.

So many of these people don't seem to want to be teachers as much as they want to continue to students in middle school or high school....

by Anonymousreply 54102/04/2015

*to BE students*

by Anonymousreply 54202/04/2015

Pretty much sums things up, Art. It'll be interesting to see what you think of Monday's winner ("hottie" Colin) when he appears for the runoff. I found yesterday's contestants rather boring.

by Anonymousreply 54302/04/2015

Couple of old dumb bells today....and only two contestants ended up in Final Jeopardy. Another either you know it or you don't question!

Whew - winner was okay, but it was pretty funny that a Latin teacher missed a Latin question.

I guess it's only the young teachers and the old ones who want to be on television.

by Anonymousreply 54402/04/2015

The female math teacher was a hoot. It was as if the Jeopardy producers went to the nearest supermarket and grabbed the first person they saw and whisked her to the studio.

I can only imagine the humiliation the language teacher felt when she returned to school after the taping and had to inform people that she didn't even make it to Final Jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 54502/05/2015

I think this damn teachers' tournament has questions that are hard as hell. I usually do well over 50% on the final question, but I haven't known a damn one this week, nor have the contestants, for that matter. We have two Virginia so far in the finals.

by Anonymousreply 54602/05/2015

The teacher/coach who ended up with $0 was extremely nervous, but cute in his own way.

by Anonymousreply 54702/05/2015

They really don't want a White male to win this one. It's been two females against one male the whole run. The male teacher on today was hot as hell. Too bad Sally Fields beat him.

by Anonymousreply 54802/05/2015

Today's champion.

by Anonymousreply 54902/05/2015

When they showed the previous winners, that little Hobbit was adorable! Guess I missed the night he won. Then again, I was hoping Jay has a gay twin brother. His fumbling Final was excruciating to watch.

Do these guys remind you of many teachers you had? The woman from VT reminded me a bit of my 6th and 7th grade English teacher.

by Anonymousreply 55002/06/2015

Today's game was great.

One dollar for victory!!😀

by Anonymousreply 55102/07/2015

So the little teacher with the bow tie and two last names is in the finals....Andy! (I think) He reminds me of Doug from TOP CHEF this season.

Did I only see two men in the finals?

I think the civics teacher from Friday might have made it if he hadn't changed his RIGHT answer in Final Jeopardy because most of the runners up in all the games had low $$ totals.

Should be an estrogen filled week of games.

by Anonymousreply 55202/08/2015

I think it's Evan, rather than Andy. I'd like to know more about that hyphenated name - and the bird brooch he wore.

Agreed that this year was definitely stacked for the wimmens.

by Anonymousreply 55302/08/2015

Evan....yes.....I am poor, so I couldn't post during prime time, and I had forgotten his name.

Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 55402/08/2015

And Evan moves on! And as he said, if you get done with your classroom work, hold a dance competition.

This was another difficult FINAL JEOPARDY, at least it was for me.

What was strange was that Alex said Evan was the winner no matter how much he wagered before he even revealed his meager bet.....something was screwy with the editing, I guess.

Wonder when the other guy will show up? It would be most interesting if out of ALL of the women, the two male finalists end up in the championship.

by Anonymousreply 55502/09/2015

I felt the Final question was quite easy, but then again ... I'm a nerd. There were times during the show where I had no idea what the answer might be for more than one question.

So, like ... was Evan from a VERY progressive household where his parents' names were hyphenated, or did he add his wife's ... or what? Horizontal striped sweaters are never a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 55602/09/2015

God, that teacher in the middle was so f---ing dumb at first. Wanted to slap her throughout. Guess I'm getting old when the teachers start looking, like, 12-years old.

by Anonymousreply 55702/09/2015

The mystery of Evan's hyphenated name has not been addressed....perhaps we shall see on Thursday when the final two round begin....

by Anonymousreply 55802/10/2015

Ben Gleib, comedian and host of Idiotest, has that intriguing look and manner. Wonder what that unique Jewish fellow who tries to act nerdy would be like during a roll in the hay?

by Anonymousreply 55902/10/2015

The gay guy didn't know how to pronounce AIDA??? And he thought Irving Berlin was a classical conductor? Turn in your card, Missy!

by Anonymousreply 56002/10/2015

During the interview, Alex pretty much got him to admit: "OK, already, I'm a HUGE dork!"

The night was one of the lamer I've ever seen.

I knew about Irridium but had no idea that Os means Osmium; I DID, however, know that the Curies discovered Polonium along with Radium. Had no idea of the final answer.

by Anonymousreply 56102/10/2015

Colin the English teacher was showing some chest hair tonight from under his open shirt collar. He looked really upset when he lost big time.

by Anonymousreply 56202/11/2015

Colin wasn't just ping'ing tonight -- I heard sirens.

Didn't know the final Jeopardy myself, but knew a few they didn't.

by Anonymousreply 56302/11/2015

I think the lady with the monster tits is going to win this tournament.

by Anonymousreply 56402/11/2015

"Colin wasn't just ping'ing tonight -- I heard sirens."

His fey little wave during the introductions was endearing.

by Anonymousreply 56502/11/2015

I noticed it also, r565. He really got his comeuppance tonight.

by Anonymousreply 56602/12/2015

Since the shows are over, could somebody post the Final questions?

by Anonymousreply 56702/12/2015

Only one man in the finals starting tonight. All of them are strong contestants, so it's anyone's game.

Two night total determines the winner.

Colin was basically a non-starter last night...I wonder if Adam (or is it Evan) will be in the champion first spot tonight?

May have been Tuesday night when NONE of the contestants knew who was the President of the United States in 1944...one guessed Truman another said Eisenhower (I think), and the third contestant wisely kept her mouth shut.

by Anonymousreply 56802/12/2015

R567 - You can find all the answers and questions here... www.j-archive.com

by Anonymousreply 56902/12/2015

[quote]May have been Tuesday night when NONE of the contestants knew who was the President of the United States in 1944

That, to me, was an example of what lies BEYOND pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 57002/12/2015

These are supposed to be the best teachers and not one of those 3 knew who was president of the US during WWII!

Sad state of education in this country.

by Anonymousreply 57102/12/2015

Thanks, r569! I never knew!

by Anonymousreply 57202/12/2015

OMG....I don't know which is more shocking....the fact that Adam is in third place or that he is married to a woman.

by Anonymousreply 57302/12/2015

Sheroes.

by Anonymousreply 57402/12/2015

And that he was once an actor . . . PING!

by Anonymousreply 57502/12/2015

I believe you missed his initial appearance where he told us about having his students throw fake blood around the classroom as a prelude to studying TITUS ADRONICUS. I found that a) drama queen-ish and b) attention whore-ish.

by Anonymousreply 57602/12/2015

Things are looking good for Young Sally Field.

I thought the 3-named bearded guy would dominate. And he certainly did in Single Jeopardy. But the gals took over in Double & Final Jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 57702/12/2015

He messed up REALLY badly! Let's see if he can pull it out ...

by Anonymousreply 57802/12/2015

My money was on big tits, and she's in a good spot after Day 1.

by Anonymousreply 57902/13/2015

All week long, the guys seem to be devastated when they lose.

by Anonymousreply 58002/13/2015

I thought this was a joke thread all along. I've never seen any cute guys on Jeopardy.

Low and behold, a real thread, nearly full, about Jeopardy!

by Anonymousreply 58102/13/2015

Adam was close to tears after Final Jeopardy. I am not sure that the condescendingly supportive speech that Alex gave him was much help.

by Anonymousreply 58202/13/2015

Formidable competition for Mr Adam Hyphenate ... but we shall see what happens.

He at least tried to change his answer to the correct one last night for Final Jeopardy....he got the GA written when he ran out of time.

I remember his Titus Andronicus story....but it didn't trump his snow day dance contest!

I bet Adam would have known that FDR was running for re-election in 1944!

by Anonymousreply 58302/13/2015

What you talkin' 'bout Alex?

by Anonymousreply 58402/13/2015

Adam seems to be a rage related headline in the near future -- what a freak! And he absolutely believes he is finally the smartest, most popular, coolest and prettiest person in his school! If I had a child or another living thing I cared about, they would never be allowed anywhere near him! He also probably has daily hissy fits in the teacher's lounge. "Oh, so you think you're so great? You were a Jeopardy finalist, also? I think not! I fart in your general direction!"

by Anonymousreply 58502/13/2015

Adam was nearly reduced to tears.

A very difficult Final Jeopardy.

All in all a good game, but the girl with the Big Bazookas was too fast on the trigger.

And Adam didn't get any Double Jeopardy wagers to help him along.

He may have some rage headlines in his future, perhaps he will wear his bowtie and start going out on auditions again.

I can see him playing Richard in a Little Theatre Production of "A LION IN WINTER."

by Anonymousreply 58602/13/2015

Funny, I thought he handled things fairly well. He is a definite attention whore - for sure! I realize he wasn't the answer, but all I could think of was Cabot, not Hudson. Alex's little speech about the "best teachers to date" fell hollow to these ears.

HATED the bow tie ... and now he teaches math? Middle gal had the best personality. Now, it's back to the Maidenform Maiden, right?

by Anonymousreply 58702/13/2015

So who won? The science teacher or the other big bosomed gal?

Or was it the guy?

I completely forgot to record the damn thing.

by Anonymousreply 58802/14/2015

Monster Tits took it, r588.

She had a slim lead going in to Final Jeopardy. All 3 missed the Final Jeopardy question, but with small wager today she lost the least. And of course she had a good lead from Day 1, so it was all hers.

We'll see her again in the Tournament of Champions.

And Monday we get regular contestants again. So we go from Monster Tits to Ol' Saggy Tits, our returning champion coming back with no bra.

by Anonymousreply 58902/14/2015

LOL, R589. Thanks😀

The African American lady, right?

by Anonymousreply 59002/14/2015

I didn't think teachers ever re-appear, but recall that Colby did. While you're busy harping on Karen's bra -- teeth, too?

by Anonymousreply 59102/14/2015

At least he lost on a Friday and won't have to face his students until Monday.

I hope they didn't decorate the room too much before they left for the weekend.

Adam would probably walk into the room full of balloons and streamers, throw his briefcase at the blackboard, and start tearing them down, all the while cursing Alex Trebek.

He will, of course, cash the $25,000 check quickly.

by Anonymousreply 59202/14/2015

On the worst day of her life, Sally Field looked nothing like the woman with the mammoth tits who won.

by Anonymousreply 59302/14/2015

In Jeopardy contestant funny joke world she does. Yeah I hope Karen really uses some of that winning to get her grill fixed.

by Anonymousreply 59402/14/2015

I have never wanted someone to lose more than I did Adam Hyphenate. I feel sorry for his "wife". In addition to being insufferable, he'll now add sour grapes to his repertoire.

"But I got it RIGHT. I ran out of time".

by Anonymousreply 59502/14/2015

How fair is it to have a science category when one of the contestants is a science teacher?

by Anonymousreply 59602/14/2015

All I know is I hated it when I got teachers that wanted to be you friend or, you know, "make learning cool!". I liked the old-fashioned, no nonsense type. Sit in your seat, sit up straight, shut your mouth, and pay attention. Throw fake blood? I would have gotten a zero for participation that day.

by Anonymousreply 59702/15/2015

Please someone post a new thread! I love Jeopardy!

by Anonymousreply 59802/15/2015

Yes, we need a new thread to start Monday off with a bang.

Welcome back, Karen.

by Anonymousreply 59902/15/2015

Goodbye, Teacher's Tournament!!!

Let's get back to the show!

Post 600!

by Anonymousreply 60002/15/2015
Need more help? Click Here.