Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why do so many on DL say that Brit men all seem gay?

I live in L.A. but spend a month or two depending on the weather, in Britain. I've done this for the past 20 years. I have rarely met any Brits that seemed gay, in fact, fewer in Britain than in the USA. In fact, the gay Brits I have known have been more masculine than most American males in general.

Is it our slovenly speech patterns compared to those increasingly few Brits who articulate beautifully, that these posters are talking about? British men are on average much bigger than we wee American guys, gay or straight. Except for the Dutch, the British men on average are the biggest guys on the globe.

I have also found that (again on average) Brits are less forgiving of effeminacy in males than we Americans.

by Anonymousreply 912/11/2012

Is this the rough draft of your mash note to Albion, OP?

by Anonymousreply 112/09/2012

[quote]the biggest guys on the globe.

Biggest or TALLEST? British men tend to be stocky, and many are short. You can easily spot them on a Saturday night in Amsterdam by their build alone. Also, German and Scandinavian men are taller, on average, than Brits.

by Anonymousreply 212/09/2012

[quote]In fact, the gay Brits I have known have been more masculine than most American males in general.

It's good to see one of my fellow scienticians publish.

by Anonymousreply 312/09/2012

And yet they were all buggered at school. Ah England...

by Anonymousreply 412/09/2012

Last year they were all at the Mad Bear Beach Party in Torremolinos.

by Anonymousreply 512/09/2012

British men, who speak the Queens English and dress in the Savile Row look, define gay.

However, British men who speak Missing Teeth" English, often referred to as Chav, are changing that image. Not in a good way.

Welcome to the 21st Century, New British Male (Onslow)

by Anonymousreply 612/11/2012

Because they all carry umbrellas, and say "pip, pip, cheerio." And they mince and grimace and they run away, like at Dunkirk. Of course they are still braver than the French, who didn't even bother to fight in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 712/11/2012

That's quite the impersonation of a fossil @ R7.

by Anonymousreply 812/11/2012

R7 has never been to a Manchester United game.

by Anonymousreply 912/11/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!