Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Yay! It's finally snowing.

I love winter.

by Dellareply 2212/11/2012

I'm happy about it, too. If we have another brown/green Xmas I will be so depressed.

by Dellareply 112/09/2012

It's been snowing here for the last day and a half. We have way too much snow right now.

by Dellareply 212/09/2012

Snow? What's snow?

by Dellareply 312/09/2012

Every branch and limb of the trees are entirely traced in snow against a light grey sky.

And some kind, thoughtless, generous, anonymous neighbor snow-blowered my walk (6:30AM!) which I only discovered after I opened my window curtains.

Winter rules.

by Dellareply 412/10/2012

Where are you, Della?

by Dellareply 512/10/2012

Wisconsin

Where are you?

by Dellareply 612/10/2012

It's fine as long as you don't have to drive a long way in it. I'm from Wisconsin also and used to have to commute about 48 miles each way back and forth to work in Madison. It was often "white-knuckle" driving all the way. I was often already exhausted by the time I got to work. I finally sold my house and moved back into Madison (only about 8 minutes from work) and now it's no big deal.

by Dellareply 712/10/2012

Yeah R3, that's why I could never live on the west coast. No snow?

by Dellareply 812/10/2012

And that's why I could never live on the East coast, or in the midwest, or anywhere it gets that cold and snows during the winter.

by Dellareply 912/10/2012

And what you wrote about, r7, is the only thing about winter about which I'm dismayed.

Driving can be very dangerous and I know exactly what you mean by white-knuckling it.

by Dellareply 1012/10/2012

Shoveling the driveway is what bums me out. I'm lazy.

by Dellareply 1112/10/2012

Me too, r11 but I find that once I get going at it, it feels good. It's the "get going at it" that's the tough part.

I don't own, I rent. Even so, I 'm still responsible for shoveling the walk in front of my place. It hasn't escaped me, however, that being non-homeowner it's a bit easier for me to love Winter.

by Dellareply 1212/10/2012

I could never drive in blowing snow. I'll never forget the nurse who was driving home in blowing snow, wound up going off the roadway and there was this search for her. They found her, thank goodness, but it was hair-raising. Then there was the guy in Sweden who'd been trapped in his snow covered car for two months....

by Dellareply 1312/10/2012

none here, dreary and wet and 63!

by Dellareply 1412/10/2012

Yuck, heading to Miami until 2013.

by Dellareply 1512/10/2012

Cold and rainy on eastern LI. I have to clean, clean, clean. The thing I dislike most about winter -- I can't open the windows and air the place out. I accidentally acquired 4 cats, and three of them are indoor cats. They bug me to open the windows, I wish I could.. But when it's 45 degrees and rainy raw, it ain't happening.

by Dellareply 1612/10/2012

60 degrees and foggy with a light drizzle in NY.

by Dellareply 1712/10/2012

OP must be eating bonbons in her caftan, living on her SSI- unperturbed about commuting to work in snow & sleet.

by Dellareply 1812/10/2012

[quote]I'm from Wisconsin also and used to have to commute about 48 miles each way back and forth to work in Madison. It was often "white-knuckle" driving all the way. I was often already exhausted by the time I got to work. I finally sold my house and moved back into Madison (only about 8 minutes from work) and now it's no big deal.

Kind of creepy r7. I could have written that post myself - almost verbatim. Only difference is I moved out of state rather than back to Madison.

Many days each winter the drive along I-94 would be particularly hazardous and I was certain that I'd end up in the ditch with nobody to find me until the storm ended. The 18-wheelers that regularly want to pass when there is only a single lane that is even moderately drivable could be nerve wracking.

That's the only part of blizzards that I miss. They are not so bad as long as driving isn't necessary.

by Dellareply 1912/11/2012

[quote]OP must be eating bonbons in her caftan, living on her SSI- unperturbed about commuting to work in snow & sleet.

Hey, don't be an asshole to Della. She's cool.

by Dellareply 2012/11/2012

Jealous!

by Dellareply 2112/11/2012

R18 must be a fickle fruit looking for a way to resolve his mommy issues.

by Dellareply 2212/11/2012
Need more help? Click Here.