Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anyone following the Cory Booker Food Stamp Challenge?

The haters are out in full force on the Huffpo.

Just once I want to stand behind the woman who buys crab legs and filet and then drives off in a Rolls Royce wearing a fur coast and using her snap card.

I want to meet her myself.

by Anonymousreply 1112/11/2012

Really...when he announced it the chicken breast troll came on and told us how he could eat chicken breast for .87.

Turns out he is a vegetarian with a family history of type II diabetes so pasta, and meat are out as is rice.

by Anonymousreply 112/10/2012

Ah well...and now it is over.

by Anonymousreply 212/11/2012

I really like Cory Booker, but his famewhoring has become tiresome. I want him to run for governor and beat Governor Hog to a bloody pulp, but his constant gimmicks and posing have soured.

When we he actually start leading and turning his city around instead of doing shtick for the tv cameras?

by Anonymousreply 312/11/2012

We were just discussing this the other day . . .

by Anonymousreply 412/11/2012

Not everyone visits this site daily and obsessively follows every thanks.

by Anonymousreply 512/11/2012

The 'crab legs' meme is clearly an urban legend, just like the university libraries where they didn't calculate the weight of the books.

Stephen Moore -- the WSJ jackass -- was on Diane Rehm recently saying how he spotted someone buying crab legs with food stamps. Someone I know also happened to see a crab legs purchase.

It sounds suspect.

by Anonymousreply 612/11/2012

I like R4's subtlety.

by Anonymousreply 712/11/2012

Does Cory Booker have crabs?

by Anonymousreply 812/11/2012

He can't win. He wants money.

by Anonymousreply 912/11/2012

I suppose I could buy some crab legs with my ebt card. If I wanted to eat one meal every few days. I am not embarrassed to use them, but I am frustrated that it isn't simply a supplement at the moment. Also I don't care if I'm judged on what I buy, if I want ice cream bars whats it to ya?, you know? I will say that I miss good coffee, and I am so glad I don't have to figure out making it last all month with kids.

Things I do "splurge" on: desserts soy milk more expensive oil for cooking

Things I do not "splurge" on: Kashi anything is out now more than one bar of cheese good bread

Good deals I've found: stir fry frozen veggie bags cheaper rice chicken tenders vs/chicken breasts

by Anonymousreply 1012/11/2012

Booker can't win against Governor Fatso. It's better if the Dems eject that living fossil Lausenberg(sic) and give him a chance to be Senator. I think Booker who is a blowhard but is a very articulate one could be a better senator than a governor.

by Anonymousreply 1112/11/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!