Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Something is living under my house

I hear "it" at night when I'm in bed. When I talk to it, it quiets but resumes a few minutes later.

Have any of you experienced this?

by covers over my headreply 3512/10/2012

Boo

by covers over my headreply 112/09/2012

I don't always hear them, but the cat knows they're there.

by covers over my headreply 212/09/2012

Does it go HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS?

by covers over my headreply 312/09/2012

Possums & raccoons go under houses. They're nocturnal, so are up & active at night -- it makes sense that they'd stop when they hear your voice, to listen & see whether that noise turns into a threat.

During the day, check out the perimeter to see if there are openings (even small ones) they might be using -- if so, that's the likely answer. They do no harm so just leave them be.

If there are no openings for critters to use, then the sounds you're hearing are probably spirits trapped in an ancient burial ground under your house, plotting vengeance for desecration of their eternal resting place. In which case, maybe you should move.

by covers over my headreply 412/09/2012

Oh dear, I bet its Bai Ling. She's tired of being on the roof, now she's burrowing under the house.

by covers over my headreply 512/09/2012

Don't be afraid of the dark.

by covers over my headreply 612/09/2012

lol, r4.

Daniel Boon, please pick up a Datalounge white courtesy phone.

by covers over my headreply 712/09/2012

Now clear your mind. It knows what scares you. It has from the very beginning. Don't give it any help, it knows too much already.

by covers over my headreply 812/09/2012

Rats

by covers over my headreply 912/09/2012

It's either a troll or poltergeist

by covers over my headreply 1012/09/2012

Maybe it's an incubus....

Maybe it will molest you one night.

by covers over my headreply 1112/09/2012

[quote]They do no harm so just leave them be.

Yep, until one of those fuckers decides to die and leave his rotting carcass for you to dispose of!

by covers over my headreply 1212/09/2012

"I hear "it" at night when I'm in bed. When I talk to it, it quiets but resumes a few minutes later."

The words of mothers whose basement dwelling DL addicted sons who refuse to communicate through the locked door that leads to the basement under the house.

by covers over my headreply 1312/09/2012

OP, did you also see something nasty in the wood shed?

by covers over my headreply 1412/09/2012

OP, is Alfre Woodard renting a room from you?

by covers over my headreply 1512/09/2012

Has anyone seen Gary Busey lately?

by covers over my headreply 1612/09/2012

Unless Li Lo is really and truly homeless, I would agree with R4 that it's probably racoons.

by covers over my headreply 1712/09/2012

There are TONS of things living under your house and everyone elses house too. So what we are really talking about is something living under your house which is also big and starting to make noise.

by covers over my headreply 1812/09/2012

Well, OP never sucked my seventeen-dimensional serrated cock!

But yes, I have made a recent visit to his underdwelling.

by covers over my headreply 1912/09/2012

I had a recurring nightmare like this, OP. Death in a rag slithers over my leg. There was a basement full of deformed dwarfs who stunk of necrosis. I would wake up and still be able to smell it.

by covers over my headreply 2012/09/2012

R12, bugs & vermin will dispose of it in due course. No need for us to risk disturbing our manicures.

by covers over my headreply 2112/09/2012

Skunks come in my house at night through the cat door. I can be sitting in the kitchen and they walk right in as if they don't see me and start eating cat food. I stand up and they act surprised and saunter out of the kitchen elsewhere in the house. I have to go open the door completely and let them leave. I thought one had left and closed the door and he walks right back into the kitchen. I had seen an empty food bowl and thought it peculiar that it had all been eaten. Now I lock the cat door at night which my cats hate. They have never sprayed me even when confronted. I walked out of the door one morning at day break and one was on his way up the path to the house, he sort of shrugged, turning around and sauntered off.

by covers over my headreply 2212/09/2012

It is likely a racoon or a skunk. Get an exterminator ASAP.

by covers over my headreply 2312/09/2012

OP, Bigfoot dug a tunnel to right beneath your house.

by covers over my headreply 2412/09/2012

Have you seen a doctor lately, OP?

by covers over my headreply 2512/09/2012

You need to learn to deal with your exe's efficiently

by covers over my headreply 2612/09/2012

It's Mitt Romney. He thinks he is tunneling into the White House.

by covers over my headreply 2712/09/2012

Could it be the lesbian girlfriend possessed by the demon? I hear she skitters up a storm.

by covers over my headreply 2812/09/2012

Could also be squirrels.

One time I had a cat give birth in my crawl space.

by covers over my headreply 2912/09/2012

[quote]I had a recurring nightmare like this, OP. Death in a rag slithers over my leg. There was a basement full of deformed dwarfs who stunk of necrosis.

Welcome to Datalounge, Lars von Trier.

by covers over my headreply 3012/09/2012

OP, it could very well be one of my three dead children or any of my murdered husbands, or possibly that trollop maid Moira.

by covers over my headreply 3112/09/2012

Can we verify the whereabouts of the crab-walking girlfriend and the gargoyle neighbor?

by covers over my headreply 3212/09/2012

[quote]Can we verify the whereabouts of the crab-walking girlfriend and the gargoyle neighbor?

They're in Self-Confessed Trolltown, R32. (Seriously, the OP of those threads and many other troll-a-thons 'fessed up about a year ago, but Webbie unfortunately deleted the confession thread quite quickly.)

by covers over my headreply 3312/09/2012

Where do you live where you have skunks? We don't have them here. Do they live in warm areas of the country? Cold areas? All climate areas? I live on an island and they went extinct a long time ago.

by covers over my headreply 3412/09/2012

[R34] Mountainous warm area, so cold at night. I have lived many places, always been skunks. I live in town but in a mostly rural area. Also have coyotes, occasional mountain lion, cougar and bear. Other animals also, even Javelina. When you live in an urban area the skunks are pushed out. Googled it and skunks live throughout the US

by covers over my headreply 3512/10/2012
Need more help? Click Here.