Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why Is Anne Hathaway In The Middle?

After all Russell Crowe is the only Oscar winner among the bunch. Shouldn't he be in the middle?

And what about Hugh Jackman. Most Broadway patrons recognize him, and this film needs the Broadway fans to make the film a success. So why isn't he in the middle?

Let's not forget Amanda Seyfried, she plays the key role of Cosette. And is a fan fav due to her role in Mama Mia. Shouldn't she be in the middle.

Yet it is Anne Hathaway, in red no less, smack dab in the middle.

Why?

by Anonymousreply 4212/10/2012

NOBODY????

by Anonymousreply 112/09/2012

[quote]Who should be in the middle?

My finger

by Anonymousreply 212/09/2012

Hugh Jackman is the prettiest. He should be in the middle.

by Anonymousreply 312/09/2012

Victor Hugo

by Anonymousreply 412/09/2012

Why is Anne Hathaway in the middle? Because she still hasn't managed to fuck her way to the top.

by Anonymousreply 512/09/2012

Have a heart- it's her last role. The only thing she has lined up is a voice-over in a cartoon, and something in "pre-production".

by Anonymousreply 612/09/2012

Her nobody husband better knock her up before the Oscars, or Sally Field will be joining Meryl Streep, Jack Nicholson, and Ingrid Bergman in the history books.

by Anonymousreply 712/09/2012

Malcolm?

by Anonymousreply 812/09/2012

That photo doesn't even look like Crowe or Jackman. They overdid it with the airbrush.

by Anonymousreply 912/09/2012

It's because Anne has the biggest feet!

by Anonymousreply 1012/09/2012

thanks for pointing that out. Why are the women barefoot?

by Anonymousreply 1112/09/2012

I thought it was a beautifully composed picture. It is obvious to me why she is in the middle. It is because of the red dress. Anywhere else and the picture would be out of balance. Kudos to the photographer.

by Anonymousreply 1212/09/2012

Because she's the prettiest.

by Anonymousreply 1312/09/2012

[quote] It is obvious to me why she is in the middle. It is because of the red dress. Anywhere else and the picture would be out of balance. Kudos to the photographer.

Oh, so you're saying they all got dressed first, and THEN it was decided who would go where in the photo? Are you really that stupid?

by Anonymousreply 1412/09/2012

Because, aside from her lack of talent, looks, detachment, charisma, personality and grace, she is today's Audrey Hepburn.

by Anonymousreply 1512/09/2012

Is that why she showed up in red? So they would be FORCED to give her the middle position?

Why couldn't Julianne Moore think of that trick.

by Anonymousreply 1612/09/2012

What's wrong with you homos? [bold]I'M[/bold] in "The Middle." Wednesdays at 8:00 on ABC.

by Anonymousreply 1712/09/2012

[R14] Why would you call someone stupid? Are you that sore at losing the poll? The photographer posed that picture and NO ONE told him how to do his job, I know that for sure. No photographer of any repute would allow someone to tell him how to do his job.

by Anonymousreply 1812/09/2012

In these photos don't their PR people get involved? The positioning was arranged AHEAD of time.

The photographer has nothing to do with it. It is all the PR people working with the PR people from the magazine.

by Anonymousreply 1912/09/2012

How come none of your Queens have welcomed me back?!

by Anonymousreply 2012/09/2012

R18's stupidity is growing.....

by Anonymousreply 2112/09/2012

R19, these people care a whole lot less than you think they do.

by Anonymousreply 2212/09/2012

I'm sick of all these OPs getting so butthurt about nobody responding to their shitty topics.

by Anonymousreply 2312/09/2012

According to the Official Hollywood Publicist's Manual, the biggest box-office attraction should be in the middle. And the biggest box-office attraction also gets to wear the most eye-catching outfit.

Which is why dear Hugh is over on the side, but at least it's the left side. The eye naturally scans from left to right, so as the actual star of the movie he gets the second most desirable position in the picture. (If the movie is a big hit you'll see him move to the center of future cast photos.)

The fact that Russell Crowe is back from the stars and next to a guy in the same outfit shows that not only has his star fallen, he's pissed off someone running the photo shoot. Hardly surprising, considering his track record.

by Anonymousreply 2412/09/2012

It's a lovely photo.

by Anonymousreply 2512/09/2012

People have forgotten about me

by Anonymousreply 2612/09/2012

I haven't, Middle Troll! Welcome back! I've been a DL regular since 2001, but I think the newbies on this thread might not be familiar with your work because you post so infrequently these days.

by Anonymousreply 2712/09/2012

Oh, and given the composition of this particular shot, Anne belongs in the middle. Her blood-red dress is the focal point and needs to be in the center for the photo to truly "work." As the biggest female star in the film, and playing the biggest female role, she should be there as opposed to other female co-stars.

by Anonymousreply 2812/09/2012

Well thanks R27 I'm going to change that.

Nice to know I still have some fans here.

by Anonymousreply 2912/09/2012

[quote] As the biggest female star in the film, and playing the biggest female role, she should be there as opposed to other female co-stars.

What about Amanda Seyfried as Cosette? What is she, chopped liver?

by Anonymousreply 3012/09/2012

Because she's a whore.

by Anonymousreply 3112/09/2012

No, R30, but it's indisputable that Anne Hathaway is more of a household name than she is.

by Anonymousreply 3212/09/2012

R32 Mama Mia is bigger than all of Anne Hathaway films COMBINED

Plus Amanda has her lesbo fan following with that film Chloe

Has Anne Hathaway ever played a lesbian?

I think not

So with Amanda you have her Mama Mia following and her Lesbian following.

More of a following than Anne Hathaway has.

by Anonymousreply 3312/09/2012

[quote]Mama Mia is bigger than all of Anne Hathaway films COMBINED

Um, no.

by Anonymousreply 3412/09/2012

R32, you're grasping. We both know "Mamma Mia!" was an ensemble film, plus if any actress stood out in it, it was the quite formidable Meryl, not Amanda. Also, her tiny lesbian fanclub can't even remotely come close to Anne's number of hausfrau fans from "The Devil Wears Prada," and comics fanboys from playing Catwoman.

by Anonymousreply 3512/09/2012

Only 3 measly percent say Amanda Seyfried should be in the middle!

What is wrong with you people?

by Anonymousreply 3612/09/2012

They all look like they were arranged like a colorforms set in that stupid photo. And why is Anne's body scaled larger out of proportion to everone else? She looks gigantic.

by Anonymousreply 3712/09/2012

According to Christian Bale & Tom Hardy, Stanley Tucci & Simon Baker, Russell Crowe & Eddie Redmayne, and Terry Crews & Steve Carell, Anne is used to being in the middle :P

by Anonymousreply 3812/09/2012

really?

by Anonymousreply 3912/10/2012

Because there are more men then women in the cast, Hathaway - although none of the women's roles are leads and all three are confined to a relatively small part of the story - has the most demanding role of any of the women, Cosette is not at all a key role but rather the least interesting of the three, and finally

It's a photo for fuck's sake, get over it.

by Anonymousreply 4012/10/2012

Cosette is such a milquetoast character. Jackman should be in the middle because the story revolves around Jean Valjean.

A second choice would be Aaron Tveit's ass.

by Anonymousreply 4112/10/2012

Amanda has grown up well.

by Anonymousreply 4212/10/2012
Need more help? Click Here.