Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Double Standard

If a Nativity scene were displayed on city-owned property the NY-ACLU would file a lawsuit.

Was it a concidende they didn't notice the Menorah across from the Plaza Hotel stands on land of New York City's Department of Parks and Recreation?

by Anonymousreply 2512/09/2012

Almost every city in the US, including NYC, has a nativity scene displayed on public property, so I'm really confused as to what point you are trying to make.

by Anonymousreply 112/09/2012

In Jersey City Mayor Brett Shundler won a case against the ACLU who sued to prevent religious symbols on the City Hall lawn.

by Anonymousreply 212/09/2012

US Jews don't go door to door trying to coerce people the way Christians do.

by Anonymousreply 312/09/2012

Money is made of paper, not slime. Are you retarded?

by Anonymousreply 512/09/2012

Donna Lieberman is the Executive Director of the NYCLU.

by Anonymousreply 612/09/2012

Thank you, OP. If we hold steady here, I'll win the pool on how many Jew-bashing threads we'd have on Datalounge today.

And thanks to everyone else who came out to spew hatred all over Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 712/09/2012

It's okay to spew hatred against Christians but not Jews.

by Anonymousreply 812/09/2012

R8 = perpetual victim

by Anonymousreply 912/09/2012

It's not ok to spew hatred against anyone, moron.

by Anonymousreply 1012/09/2012

"Was it a concidende"

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 1112/09/2012

Unlike Hanukah, Kwanza, Festivus, etc., Christmas is a LEGAL HOLIDAY. Those of you who don't want it recognized by any governmental body should write their congressman and have it abolished. Case closed!

by Anonymousreply 1212/09/2012

R4 / r13, you have a lot of nerve calling other people slime, considering that you are utter scum.

by Anonymousreply 1412/09/2012

You are a despicable human being and coward r13. I wish there would be retribution for assholes like you, but i'm an atheist, so the best I can hope is that you understand the gravity of your words and carry the shame of them always.

Incidently I am also an Arab, and I consider the Jews to be my brothers. We are all semitic peoples, and we will find peace through love and respect.

by Anonymousreply 1612/09/2012

No double standard. NYC is a Jewish city.Let the Christian cities do what they want and leave us alone.

by Anonymousreply 1712/09/2012

I'm Jewish OP.

If you're point is that neither a nativity scene nor a menorah should be on municipally or otherwise governmentally owned property, I'd agree with you. Wholeheartedly. I also think "In God We Trust" should be taken out of all governmental property.

OK.

But I expect your point is something completely different and totally anti-Semitic.

by Anonymousreply 1812/09/2012

Here in Barcelona we have a real Catholic Nativity scene right in front of the city hall (the Generalitat Palace in Placa St Jaume).

Sadly, it is far more modest this year than in previous years.

by Anonymousreply 2012/09/2012

I'll be glad when the Webmaster blocks this asshole's IP. OP is a festering lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 2112/09/2012

Don't talk to the anti-Semitic troll. Just ff his ass and leave it at that.

by Anonymousreply 2212/09/2012

Don't hold your breath, R21.

by Anonymousreply 2312/09/2012

[quote]US Jews don't go door to door trying to coerce people the way Christians do.

Much as religion pisses me off, it depends on what type of christians with regard to door knocking.

by Anonymousreply 2412/09/2012

Why can't they just put religious symbols of celebration on private property? I'm sure there would be enough donors. By the way, in what category would you put a "woodland scene" of animals in the snow?

by Anonymousreply 2512/09/2012
Need more help? Click Here.