Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Scandalous is closing today! Who else will be there?

Scandalous is closing today after a mere 29 performances! I bet Carolee never thought she'd outdo Lestat's flop total, but she must have seen the writing on the wall long ago.

Anyone else going? It's not quite pure camp because there's too much boring filler, and unfortunately the cut that hideous car in act one, but it should still be a nice afternoon for a laugh and something to talk about with the friends for years to come!

by Anonymousreply 712/09/2012

Poor KLG, now maybe she will just go away. Everyone should know this was largely funded by the Amway fortune. Amway supports gay hate by the way.

by Anonymousreply 112/09/2012

R1- Did you see where KLG is blaming the closing on Sandy and the fact that audience was physically unable to get to the Neil Simon?

She has written several other musicals, so I'm hoping this is the first in a series we receive from her pen.

I do feel about even purchasing TDF tickets to support the producers, but it's worth it for Carolee, Roz Ryan and to usher this flop off Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 212/09/2012

Why give a pass for anti gay activity for Scandalous? No one else gets a break here. The show was financed by the Amway heirs. He had money to donate half a mil for that and still had more to finance a vanity project for KLG

by Anonymousreply 312/09/2012

I've already seen it, worth ti just to see the hunk who plays Adam almost naked.

by Anonymousreply 412/09/2012

Kathie Lee, serving up flop realness.

Sashay away!

by Anonymousreply 512/09/2012

I assume it will run for years in Branson?

by Anonymousreply 612/09/2012

I've already seen it too, but need to make a return visit to emblazon this flop forever in my mind's eye.

I feel most for George Hearn. The man is brilliant and doesn't need to be spending the twilight of his career in shit like this and Dracula. Now THAT was a bomb!

by Anonymousreply 712/09/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!