Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The equivalent of eldergays hissing at you

They don't really hiss, of course, but have you ever had an experience where an eldergay got all pissy at you for a very strange reason? (I say this as someone who at 46 is an eldergay myself now.)

When I was in graduate school, I used to take the train in to NYC, and sometimes I would go to the opera. I remember once as soon as a production of "Salome" ended I tried to race out of the family circle (I was very poor then) to catch the train from Penn Station. Several older gay men in the SRO were furious with me for leaving before the bows had finished. "You STAY and you APPLAUD until the bows are OVER--that's COMMON COURTESY!" one of them furiously snarled at me.

by Anonymousreply 2312/09/2012

r2 is demanding every thread be voted for F&F tonight. I've just counted three.

by Anonymousreply 312/08/2012

If I had stayed through the bows, I would have missed the last train back to Princeton.

And I had already paid my ticket.

by Anonymousreply 612/08/2012

any hissing eldergay thread is useless without gifs of accompanying hand gestures

by Anonymousreply 712/08/2012

Eldergays have bacon-scented fibro breasts. Their breasts moan in the wind like long-dead willows.

by Anonymousreply 1112/09/2012

OP, a few weeks ago, my partner and I took a mutual friend out shopping for the afternoon. Her (semi nasty) divorce had just gone through, and she wanted to spend the afternoon furnishing her new house.

We hit a bunch of furniture, thrift and antique stores and we were having a lot of fun. She was actually buying things, too, and we found some really nice stuff.

We walk into one store and there's this fucking fossil behind the counter. He didn't even look up from his magazine when when we entered, and when my friend asked him for some help on an item, he looked up at her and said "I'm only helping paying customers today."

We walked out, and she spent $500 at the place next door.

by Anonymousreply 1212/09/2012

R13 is a mess.

by Anonymousreply 1412/09/2012

One of these snooty old queens is the receptionist at my doctor's office. Yes, he is a RECEPTIONIST. But somehow he's gotten the impression that, because he has the appointment book and can decide when/if you will get in with the doc, he's important and above everyone. Such a tool.

by Anonymousreply 1512/09/2012

R12, did you two go back to that store and show him the things you bought? I would have.

by Anonymousreply 1612/09/2012

R12 should have complained to the owner and got his ass fired.

by Anonymousreply 1712/09/2012

R12 is Julia Roberts

by Anonymousreply 1812/09/2012

OP, we do hope you realize that your boorish behavior over the last half century naturally would provoke offense among all sorts of people, older homosexual men among them. You're just lucky it wasn't old lesbians here. They would have caned you and sprayed you with Mace, creating pandemonium.

And we know you're talking about catching a train from the old Penn Station back to Jersey.

by Anonymousreply 1912/09/2012

HISSSSSSSSSSS!

by Anonymousreply 2012/09/2012

I used to live in a town on the lesbian biker circuit. You hsssssies would have been scared.

by Anonymousreply 2112/09/2012

Ugh, I can't stand pissy bitches like that. I declined a group of guys at a bar last night. I was there with my partner and made that clear. Fuck, you'd think I had spat in their faces.

by Anonymousreply 2212/09/2012

[quote]I declined a group of guys at a bar last night. I was there with my partner and made that clear.

You mean, you were with your partner at a bar, and an entire group of elderly men propositioned you [italic]en masse?[/italic]

Please show us what you were wearing. It must have been very enticing.

by Anonymousreply 2312/09/2012
Need more help? Click Here.