Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Another set of gay twins marry each other! Never ceases to amaze-gay men often marry someone who looks exactly like themselves!

It is a bit of anthropology, psychology, and sociology.

by Anonymousreply 5711/23/2014

It's the narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 112/08/2012

They don't look anything alike you fucking idiot OP.

by Anonymousreply 212/08/2012

I don't get these trolls. What do they want couples to look like - one fat and one tiny, one black and one white? Do couples have to be opposite in every way to satisfy the "twins" trolls?

by Anonymousreply 312/08/2012

They do look like they could be brothers.

by Anonymousreply 412/08/2012

They're both white - that seems to be the extent of their similarity. More pressing, of course: their completely pedestrian educational pedigrees and their totally vapid jobs.

by Anonymousreply 512/08/2012

"His father is an owner of Ronnie’s Auto Repair in Wagoner."

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 612/08/2012

They're adorable. I'd like to be the filling in their sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 712/08/2012

The similarity that really bothers OP is that they both have penises.

by Anonymousreply 812/08/2012

No, that's the exciting part, R8. They just seem insipid and dense, and I think that's why not everyone loves them.

by Anonymousreply 912/08/2012

How did they get in the Times? His father owns an auto body shop, in Oklahoma.

by Anonymousreply 1012/08/2012

They are paid ads. It's not a society column.

by Anonymousreply 1112/08/2012

who is this fucking moron who insists that any two men who marry look alike?

Now, as for what they actually look like: I can't believe they are two years apart in age. One looks 25 and one looks 50.

by Anonymousreply 1212/08/2012

Well, they differ in a few ways. The one on the left is a bubble-butt bottom. The one on the right is lanky, total top with a huge cock.

by Anonymousreply 1312/08/2012

Is that all the same-sex marriage announcement in the Times are now? "Clean, employed white man who escaped from the midwest marries employed, clean white man from the southeast"?

by Anonymousreply 1412/08/2012

they are both white. They both comb their hair. they both appear to be attractive and fit and they are both smiling...Im not sure that's enough to qualify them as twins, though.... For one thingOne has brown hair, one has grey hair. For another the one on the right appears to be significantly taller and leaner.

by Anonymousreply 1512/08/2012

I never would have announced this marriage. Publicly admitting to those colleges and careers of the parents, and their home towns. Oy vey, I would just die.

by Anonymousreply 1612/08/2012

how did they get in the times? Probably because they work for 2 of the most important American fashion publications? Just a guess.

by Anonymousreply 1712/08/2012

OP: Lonely, single, over-weight and works at Walmart in Ashtabula, OH

by Anonymousreply 1812/08/2012

lol, R14!

by Anonymousreply 1912/08/2012

Gawker used to run a scorecard to show which announcements were selected to run in the Times. These folks should have run their announcement in the Wagoner Times-Picayune.

example: • The bride graduated summa cum laude from Tennessee, earned a master's at Oxford as a Fulbright Scholar, and tacked on a Harvard MBA: +7 • The groom has a law degree from Oxford with an MBA on the way, graduated magna cum laude from Penn, and also went to law school at UVA: +9 • The groom's mother is chairwoman emeritus of the Arizona Theatre Company and his dad is on the board of trustees of the Heard Museum in Phoenix: +2 • "Ms Levkoff and Mr. Lynn may be among the few couples who can say that former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher played Cupid for them.": +1985

by Anonymousreply 2012/08/2012

I think OP's predilection for thinking that members of gay couples look alike is very telling (a bit of sociology and anthropology...but mostly abnormal psychology).

by Anonymousreply 2112/08/2012

the "University" of Tulsa?

by Anonymousreply 2212/08/2012

They're nice looking men and are cute together.

I love the gray hair at 35 guy. Totally hot. Thank heavens he doesn't feel the need to color it. The opposite of the 70 year old with jet black hair.

by Anonymousreply 2312/08/2012

one must have a hairy hole?

by Anonymousreply 2412/08/2012

The one on the right, R24.

by Anonymousreply 2512/09/2012

The Twin Gays Marry Each Other troll strikes again! Only this time he was gone only for five days or so. Honestly, troll, don't you have anything else to do with your time?

And, for the record, they don't look anything alike.

by Anonymousreply 2612/09/2012

OP, you seem not to understand that humans all look very similar to nonhumans. Or is it the fact that they're two males that's confusing you?

Or maybe you're just the kind of person who's looking someone to "complete" you (puke) -- especially if you're a gay man really attracted to the type of gay man you want to look like, because you don't like how you are. Now that's fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 2712/09/2012

r11, the only paid announcements in The Times are "notices" on the Obituary page. $30 a line, add $1,000 for thumbnail photo.

by Anonymousreply 2812/09/2012

Isn't weird how posters such as R11 outright lie and wax authoritative on things they know nothing about.

by Anonymousreply 2912/09/2012

A new set of identical gay males marry each other - in Sunday's NY Times wedding announcements.

too bizarre for words

by Anonymousreply 3011/23/2014

click on the photo for a very large enlargement of photo

by Anonymousreply 3111/23/2014

I love how Americans still imitate British customs of 60 years ago. Quaint.

by Anonymousreply 3211/23/2014

Wow, the gays in OP's link look a lot older than 33 and 35. 43 and 45, maybe. Are they dead or divorced yet?

by Anonymousreply 3311/23/2014

R6, the other father is much classier - "His father retired as the vice president for sales at Plast-o-Meric, a plastics producer in Waukesha, Wis."

by Anonymousreply 3411/23/2014

R30 - They look nothing alike, except for being old and white.

by Anonymousreply 3511/23/2014

Men getting married look more alike than men and women getting married because men are bigger than women and have a different facial structure. But gay men getting married show plenty of variation within the male face, it's just that this face varies less than you have been led to believe.

by Anonymousreply 3611/23/2014

R32, the British were publishing same-sex marital announcements 60 years ago? Wish I had known.

by Anonymousreply 3711/23/2014

Y'know, I checked out the pics that OP and r30 linked to, and I didn't see twins. I just saw, in each case, a couple who were happy, and who'd decided that they wanted to marry the person they love. The fact that they were both pairs of guys also makes them part of history; and an affront to those who'd like to rip us down. I doubt that either couple will ever read this; but if they do, all I'd wish them is love and happiness, and to acknowledge that even now, there's an element of bravery in them putting this on the public record, and I thank them for that.

by Anonymousreply 3811/23/2014

OP's an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 3911/23/2014

They have similar smiles.

by Anonymousreply 4011/23/2014

I believe posters like R16 (though I think he is kidding, hope anyway) should be required to post their own factoids. We should know how utterly common they truly are (showed my GED to my mom as she emerged from the Idaho State Prison ..)

by Anonymousreply 4111/23/2014

They're both lovely and I hope their marriage is a happy one.

by Anonymousreply 4211/23/2014

R40, you didn't notice the noses, the eyes, the hair? and yes, the smiles

they are carbon copies

by Anonymousreply 4311/23/2014

Some of you ought to be charged with reckless hoggyslat. Your judgments aren't honest at all. You're making up shit about their appearance, their age, their intelligence, and their origins all to try to trash them for some strange reason. Weird fuckers. You, not them.

by Anonymousreply 4411/23/2014

R44, I don't care about any of the things you list except appearance and how so many gay males in the NY Times marry someone who looks almost identical to themselves.

As stated above, it's part psychology, part sociology, part psyche, part anthropology, part narcissism, and bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 4511/23/2014

Yes - that's it, ain't it. If we could just... Love... each other, as much as we say we love Him, I 'spect there wouldn't be the bother in the world there is.

by Anonymousreply 4611/23/2014

[quote] They're both lovely and I hope their marriage is a happy one.

Unless they've got a common look, I think they're stuck with each other. If they divorce, they'll die miserable and alone.

by Anonymousreply 4711/23/2014

Thank you, R38.

Btw. All humans, gay, straight or bisexual, are most attracted to facial features similar - but not too similar - to their own, as we want to propagate our genes while avoiding incest complications. This is a form of kin selection. Think of a second cousin as ideal. Studies repeatedly have borne this out - people are most attracted to faces like their own.

by Anonymousreply 4811/23/2014

Handsome men, could pass as brothers. I wish them a great marriage.

by Anonymousreply 4911/23/2014

Several times as my bf and I were traveling, people (usually drivers) would ask if we were brothers? We are the same size, but people who know us don't think we look anything alike. It's like saying all black people look alike. It's offensive. And why wouldn't similar size and age gay men be attracted to each other?

by Anonymousreply 5011/23/2014

Why no word on the mothers? Only the dads get some glory. How sexist.

by Anonymousreply 5111/23/2014

Go easy on OP. He's lonely and takes this sort of thing hard. Always a bridesmaid and never a bride, ya know?

by Anonymousreply 5211/23/2014

R50, it's undeniable - you and your bf must look alike or people while you were traveling would not have bothered to comment upon it.

The fact that you want to deny it is telling.

R48, you are vastly overstating the case trying to say that straight people marry a person who looks like themselves.

by Anonymousreply 5311/23/2014

R52, with the large number of gay couples getting divorced and lasting only a few years, it is nothing particularly to be proud of.

by Anonymousreply 5411/23/2014

R53, you're wrong on several accounts.

First of all, the strangers when travelling sense a close relationship and THAT is why they're enquiring - to assure themselves that what they're picking up on is not homosexuality. It's homophobia, plain and simple, and any queer world-traveller travelling w/ partner has experienced it. I therefore suspect you are straight.

Secondly, straight people, along with gay and bi people, are indeed attracted more to faces that look like their own. I study stuff similar to this, so I have read all the major papers.

by Anonymousreply 5511/23/2014

OP - you need to get your vision checked. Those guys in your first post do not look related. Now, the couples featured on the BoyfriendTwin Tumblr DO look alike. Some of them to a seriously creepy degree. I'm sure some of the pics are actual twin brothers who've been submitted as though they were a couple, but some of the pics featured on that Tumblr are obviously of romantic partners.

by Anonymousreply 5611/23/2014

[quote]I study stuff similar to this, so I have read all the major papers.

Got any links to those major papers that tell you all this stuff?

by Anonymousreply 5711/23/2014
Need more help? Click Here.