Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What the Fuck Is Going On With Professional Football Players?

There have been certain players who pretty much stayed in trouble their whole careers, but the NFL seems to have gone to shit. Not too long after a player kills his pregnant girlfriend and himself, another one is being charged for manslaughter (his teammate was killed while he was driving drunk).

by Anonymousreply 1812/09/2012

It's what happens I believe when you get so much money, power and attention all at once and don't know what to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 112/08/2012

I'm shocked. Football players have always had a reputation for being so clean cut.

by Anonymousreply 212/08/2012

Too many hits to the head and steroids?

by Anonymousreply 312/08/2012

Athletes are almost always selfish maladjusted assholes who are used to getting their way and having their massive egos stroked so when that doesn't happen they don't know how to react.

by Anonymousreply 412/08/2012

What R4 said......

I get so tired of reading about the stupid shit that these big babies continue to do. Some of them seriously need to be put down.

by Anonymousreply 512/08/2012

They are all power bottoms

by Anonymousreply 612/08/2012

When I was at university there were a series of athletes who got in trouble with the law in a fairly short time frame. The university's response was to hold a seminar for athletes to teach "sports ethics," i.e., they taught them that rape, assault, drunken acts, etc., were wrong.

by Anonymousreply 812/08/2012

Ghetto POS thug ball.

by Anonymousreply 912/08/2012

"When I was at university there were a series of athletes who got in trouble with the law in a fairly short time frame"

Did you go to the University of Miami?

by Anonymousreply 1012/08/2012

Yes, thy are paid thugs. It wasn't always this way. But the NFL has allowed thug behavior to take over and the public laps it up when it's displayed on the field of play. Well, you can't that off that easily.

by Anonymousreply 1112/08/2012

Why do they act this way?

by Anonymousreply 1212/08/2012

"Yes, thy are paid thugs. It wasn't always this way."

Jocks have always been assholes but before the advent of the tabloid media their indiscretions were hidden

by Anonymousreply 1312/08/2012

and you are surprised?

by Anonymousreply 1412/08/2012

They've been watching Necessary Roughness.

by Anonymousreply 1512/08/2012

PEDs, aggressive game where players are paid for violent hits, ghetto recruitment and racism.

The general athlete worship exceptionalist battle mentality in America doesn't help, either.

by Anonymousreply 1612/09/2012

bump

by Anonymousreply 1712/09/2012

R4 is correct, but I'd like to add that when I hear about a case like this, I assume that previous incidents have been hushed up.

These things don't just happen, they happen because previous coaches have allowed the player to get away with DUIs, rapes, assaults, drug use, etc. The player started out an asshole, but it's the people around him who convinced him that he can get away with anything.

by Anonymousreply 1812/09/2012
Need more help? Click Here.