Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ads on Hulu

So strange. They always have ads for insulin. Are their demographics heavy on the diabetics?

And then there is that Chase ad with what appears to be a gay couple with five restaurants. A little research shows they are not gay even though the commercial presents them as such.

Because they run such a small number of ads it is easy to become obsessed with them.

by Anonymousreply 712/14/2012

I think it depends on what you're watching. I watch a lot of Hulu, but can't recall seeing any ads for diabetes products. My impression is that one or two sponsors will be behind a particular series. So, if you're catching up on a show, you'll see the same ads over and over, but from one or two products.

by Anonymousreply 112/08/2012

The insulin ads run on a number of programs. Lou Grant, The Thick of It, Law and Order SVU, The Daily Show, etc.

Actually, all the shows seem to have more or less the same ads.

by Anonymousreply 212/08/2012

What r1 said.

I only watch Stewart and Colbert on Hulu and I've ever seen an insulin ad ... just the same fucking commercials, over and over and over again, for some insurance company.

by Anonymousreply 312/08/2012

Well, I see the Geico "happy as a XXX" ads, particularly the one with the bodybuilder directing traffic and striking poses.

by Anonymousreply 412/08/2012

You know, even if you pay for Hulu Plus you still get ads? They write that they think this is fair. The quality is the same too. There's only a couple of shows you need Hulu Plus to watch.

by Anonymousreply 512/08/2012

I am really sick of the fake gay couple who own the Meatball Shop on the Chase ads.

by Anonymousreply 612/14/2012

The ads are also based on your location. The Geico ads are annoying as fuck. Sometimes Alec Baldwin sails by too.

And oddly, I get some short ads (15 seconds) that are in spanish or something (Georgio Armani cologne, another was for some kind of liquor). I don't know if is because Hulu thinks I am Spanish or the ads are trying to be trendy.

by Anonymousreply 712/14/2012
Need more help? Click Here.