Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Angela Lansbury -- Let's Dish??

I would like to know about La Lansbury. Why has she never written an autobiography? I want details about her life! The lavender marriage! The troubled daughter (wasn't she a Mansonite?)! The Broadway triumphs. Murder, She Wrote...I want it all! What is she like as a person? Is she known as haughty or gracious?

GIMMIE DETAILS.

by JB Fletcher's typewriterreply 2401/15/2013

Still upset over losing the Oscar to Patty Duke, she banned the actress from Murder She Wrote.

Though she had her then-hubby John Astin on the show many times.

by JB Fletcher's typewriterreply 112/08/2012

What lavender marriage? Her first hubby, Richard Cromwell? No way, he was notorious Hollywood pussy hound.

by JB Fletcher's typewriterreply 312/08/2012

True, she has never written an autobiography, but there is an authorized biography by Martin Gottfried, published in 2000.

by JB Fletcher's typewriterreply 412/08/2012

She kicked Ingrid Bergman in the snatch once. I think it was on the set of "Gaslight."

by JB Fletcher's typewriterreply 512/08/2012

She shit in my dressing room.

by JB Fletcher's typewriterreply 612/08/2012

As gracious as they come. R3, your information is totally incorrect. So incorrect that it's laughable.

by JB Fletcher's typewriterreply 712/08/2012

Video of her taking a bath.

Clitty, clitty bang bang!

by JB Fletcher's typewriterreply 812/08/2012

So Angela was "on her own" like so many Hollywood divas who married gay men? Did she ever stray with her own gender?

by JB Fletcher's typewriterreply 912/08/2012

Lucy was originally offered the role of Jessica Fletcher. Gary wouldn't let her do it. He convinced her that she just wasn't up for the grind of a new weekly series.

by JB Fletcher's typewriterreply 1012/08/2012

I just recently realized that her "MSW" co-star, Tom Bosley, played her husband in 1964's "The World of Henry Orient."

When has Angela Lansbury never been awesome?!

by JB Fletcher's typewriterreply 1112/08/2012

#FAIL, R8

by JB Fletcher's typewriterreply 1212/08/2012

Yeah, don't think you'll find much dirt. Yes, Cromwell was gay. Kids had drug problems. She can be tough, maybe even bitchy at times. Why not, when one has to be?

But largely the great gracious lady, as R3 says. Plus a total, disciplined pro.

by JB Fletcher's typewriterreply 1312/08/2012

Well, R9, she never sucked bold]my [/bold] cock!

by JB Fletcher's typewriterreply 1412/08/2012

On occasion, a very good frined of mine brings me as her plus one to NYC theater events - she's in the business, a chubby hag, and I am gay so we are a good, fun fit. I've met Angela Lansbury three times and she is very gracious and charming and she claimed to have remembered meeting me (could have just been the grace & charm talking). One of the times was at the Blithe Spirit opening night party where I also got to meet Rupert Everett. Now, she was a CUNT.

by JB Fletcher's typewriterreply 1512/08/2012

Tell us about Rupert the Cunt, R15!

by JB Fletcher's typewriterreply 1612/08/2012

She *is* lovely, talented and hardworking. I just want to get that in there before one of the more tedious DL Trolls turns up (Lansbury fans all know the one I mean!)

by JB Fletcher's typewriterreply 1712/08/2012

Husband was gay. Son ran with the Mason family.

Everyone says she's a doll. She's extremely down-to-Earth.

by JB Fletcher's typewriterreply 1812/08/2012

Father and grandfather were famous polititicians- political leaders. Communists.

She loves Obama, and hates that people think she's a Republican.

by JB Fletcher's typewriterreply 1912/08/2012

AL may be nice, but her series, "Murder She Wrote" sure seems like a knock-off of Miss Marple, even down to the way Miss Marple solves and explains the crime at the end. Having said that, I admire AL. I just do.

by JB Fletcher's typewriterreply 2012/08/2012

Are her kids OK now?

by JB Fletcher's typewriterreply 2112/08/2012

She's one of the few celebrities that you never hear anyone say a bad word about. And that's pretty amazing, since she's been in the business since the 1940s.

Bea Arthur said that she swore like a sailor, but I don't know if she was joking or not. (And if that's the worst someone can say about her ...)

by JB Fletcher's typewriterreply 2212/08/2012

Didn't one of her children die of drug OD?

by JB Fletcher's typewriterreply 2312/08/2012

Her children are all alive and well. Her son Anthony is a TV director, another son David is a producer and daughter Deirdre owns an Italian restaurant in LA.

by JB Fletcher's typewriterreply 2401/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.