Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tippi Hedren, 'The Birds' Star: Alfred Hitchcock Ruined My Career

"I went into Hitch's office on the set to ask him for two days off so that I could go to New York to accept an award on the Tonight Show," Hedren said. "And he thought that was outrageous and he then made this demand on me -- and I said 'you know what I want to get out of this contract.'"

"He said, 'I'll ruin your career,'" Hedren continued. "I said 'do what you have to do' and out the door I went."

by Anonymousreply 412/08/2012

Is she pole-dancing for any other movie aside from The Girl? She's been getting around lately.

The Psycho-biddies genre needs to make a comeback, with "What's the Matter with Helen?"-style movies to put these surviving actresses back to work.

by Anonymousreply 112/08/2012

I'm so pissed....a couple of Christmases ago I gave this doll to a friend of my boyfriend who loves Hitchcock and collects Barbies. I never really liked the guy but it seemed like the perfect present.

I also like Hitchcock films and 'Tippi' is my favorite Hitchcock blonde.

The truth is I wanted the doll for myself but was too embarrassed to admit it and I used the friend as an excuse to buy it.

Subsequently, my bf and his friend had a blow up and parted ways and NOW the dolls are going for $150 on Ebay! I'll never be ashamed of my desires again.

Fuck! I want that doll back!

by Anonymousreply 212/08/2012

I like Tippi.

by Anonymousreply 312/08/2012

Hey R2 - not to brag or anything - but I have that doll & fucken' love it!

Renovated our house a couple of years ago - and was without internet access at home during last few months - when it was over and we were back in - i had a net-binge night - browsing hither and yon - checking out links to links to links! - and found myself reading stuff about The Birds - alternative endings, looking at storyboards, youtube interviews, etc, etc -

One of the interviews was Hedren at some event in France (outta memory!) - and at said event they presented her with a The Birds Barbie - and I knew then I had to have one...

A bit of googling, a few clicks and a flex of the credit card later - and it was on its way.

Never had a Barbie before - and some of my friends - and my partner! - did a lot of eye-rolling and made the inevitable "Mary!" comments - but it was like water off a duck's back. It's fabulous - and I love it!

(Also - my partner's nephew is only eight or nine years old - but already the gayest thing on two legs. He's been wanting his own Barbie the last coupla of Christmases and his parents refuse to give him one - and they've made it clear that his gay uncles shouldn't indulge him either. But you should have seen his eyes - as big as saucers! - when I showed him my Barbie via a family Skype call soon after she arrived. Yes kid - it does get better... Mwah!)

by Anonymousreply 412/08/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!