Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tippi Hedren, 'The Birds' Star: Alfred Hitchcock Ruined My Career

"I went into Hitch's office on the set to ask him for two days off so that I could go to New York to accept an award on the Tonight Show," Hedren said. "And he thought that was outrageous and he then made this demand on me -- and I said 'you know what I want to get out of this contract.'"

"He said, 'I'll ruin your career,'" Hedren continued. "I said 'do what you have to do' and out the door I went."

Video:

by Anonymousreply 412/08/2012

Is she pole-dancing for any other movie aside from The Girl? She's been getting around lately.

The Psycho-biddies genre needs to make a comeback, with "What's the Matter with Helen?"-style movies to put these surviving actresses back to work.

by Anonymousreply 112/08/2012

I'm so pissed....a couple of Christmases ago I gave this doll to a friend of my boyfriend who loves Hitchcock and collects Barbies. I never really liked the guy but it seemed like the perfect present.

I also like Hitchcock films and 'Tippi' is my favorite Hitchcock blonde.

The truth is I wanted the doll for myself but was too embarrassed to admit it and I used the friend as an excuse to buy it.

Subsequently, my bf and his friend had a blow up and parted ways and NOW the dolls are going for $150 on Ebay! I'll never be ashamed of my desires again.

Fuck! I want that doll back!

by Anonymousreply 212/08/2012

I like Tippi.

by Anonymousreply 312/08/2012

Hey R2 - not to brag or anything - but I have that doll & fucken' love it!

Renovated our house a couple of years ago - and was without internet access at home during last few months - when it was over and we were back in - i had a net-binge night - browsing hither and yon - checking out links to links to links! - and found myself reading stuff about The Birds - alternative endings, looking at storyboards, youtube interviews, etc, etc -

One of the interviews was Hedren at some event in France (outta memory!) - and at said event they presented her with a The Birds Barbie - and I knew then I had to have one...

A bit of googling, a few clicks and a flex of the credit card later - and it was on its way.

Never had a Barbie before - and some of my friends - and my partner! - did a lot of eye-rolling and made the inevitable "Mary!" comments - but it was like water off a duck's back. It's fabulous - and I love it!

(Also - my partner's nephew is only eight or nine years old - but already the gayest thing on two legs. He's been wanting his own Barbie the last coupla of Christmases and his parents refuse to give him one - and they've made it clear that his gay uncles shouldn't indulge him either. But you should have seen his eyes - as big as saucers! - when I showed him my Barbie via a family Skype call soon after she arrived. Yes kid - it does get better... Mwah!)

by Anonymousreply 412/08/2012
Need more help? Click Here.