Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

DL Psychic Friends

This is the thread where you can post problems or questions you have and anyone on DL who feels so inclined can give you psychic advice. My huge problem: I moved to a city by myself almost two years ago. My career has improved a bit here, but I have no friends. There are things I Killie about living here but part of me wants to move home. Should I stay or should I go? I'm afraid of what I could lose either way. What's the best bet for me?

by Anonymousreply 5011/29/2013

The best bet for you would be to get a pit bl named Killie.

by Anonymousreply 112/08/2012

What do you see for me??? I feel like there's no peace for me :(

by Anonymousreply 212/08/2012

[quote]There are things I Killie about living here but part of me wants to move home.

WTF??? Is this some strange Scottish dialect term?

by Anonymousreply 312/08/2012

New job coming up for me? New man?

by Anonymousreply 412/08/2012

How do psychic powers work exactly,do you just get flashes about random people,can you make yourself see something about a particular person?I'd hate to be a medium,having to deal with random dead people popping up wanting you to fix their unresolved shit.

by Anonymousreply 512/08/2012

Please just let me know if you see anything for me.

by Anonymousreply 612/08/2012

R6 I'm not psychic so If I'm off base just. Ignore. When I read your post I got a vision if a man kneeling by a Christmas tree really excited opening a present. The feeling this gives me is ghat this holiday season will mark some sort of turning point for you. Something very exciting is happening for you just after Christmas and is likely related to or coming to you as a result of whatever your holiday plans are. I'm not saying life will be grand and your problems will all end but it will be something very exciting and new. I'm thinking maybe love. Enjoy whatever it is while it lasts and ESPECIALLY while its novel.

by Anonymousreply 712/09/2012

After 5 years on and off, I split up a month ago with the guy I loved. Problem is, we're now miserable without each other, and it seems like we're damned if we're together and damned if we're not. Any visions or impressions about what the future holds for us?

by Anonymousreply 812/09/2012

I've made a big decision or rather circumstances have forced me to make a decision that will be hard to follow through with.

I know it's what must be done but it's going to be rough and I need some support.

by Anonymousreply 912/09/2012

Again r8 not psychic but what I got for you is that you're someone who often finds themselves feeling they're alone and you aren't. Just remember that and even tell yourself that out loud if you have to. I'm not sure if there is someone in your life or a sort of spirit around you buy I see a very stable supportive energy. You need to remember its there for you.

by Anonymousreply 1012/09/2012

r8, i have no visions but I've been there. Best thing is to cut all contact for a good period of time before you ruin any good feelings you have for each other. Drawn out on and off break-ups almost never end up happy.

by Anonymousreply 1112/09/2012

R9 sorry ^ r8 this Sony psychic but you need to make the split at any cost. There will be a long rough patch and it will feel like hell but you should not be together.

by Anonymousreply 1212/09/2012

WTF with my whole stupid life?

by Anonymousreply 1312/09/2012

R10 you are correct in that I often feel work necessitates a certain level of guardedness and unfortunately that keeps a lot of people out. I'm used to and usually ok with being lonely.

Some more background information: The on and off is because nothing seems to work for us...we've tried repeatedly to be friends but he repeatedly crosses the line and takes it back into being physical. Conversely, he's afraid to seal the deal and be together. For me, I'd be happy with either or, but this constant gray area is not how I want to live my life.

The odd thing is we both acknowledge the "rightness" of being together....he's told other people I've spoiled him for other guys, and everyone from our parents to strangers on the street say we're destined for each other. When we were good we were the best. We have an intimate magic that gets in the way of being friends. Our last time being in contact was a month, crying in public on a street corner with him holding onto me for dear life saying he doesn't want to let me go but doesn't know why he doesn't want to be serious. He wants to kiss me forever, and is jealous if I'm with someone else, but still doesn't want to commit.

Will we ever be in a place of being happy together? why is he afraid to move forward? Why can't I be strong and fend off his kisses when I beg him to be platonic?

by Anonymousreply 1412/09/2012

Dump the motherfucker already. He's playing you.

by Anonymousreply 1512/09/2012

Is 2013 going to be my year? I really want it to be!

by Anonymousreply 1612/09/2012

2 words: stomach crunches

by Anonymousreply 1712/09/2012

Dear DL Psychic Friends,

I'm pretty sure my partner is a sociopath. Unfortunately it took m3 a couple years to figure that out (call me stupid or crazy, but he was very good at first) and now it seems like it is too late and suicide may be my only way out. I'm trying to figure out how to get away from him but he has me kind of both financially and emotionally blackmailed into staying with him. He has all the power.

He says he has cancer, but I have never seen any proof and I've caught him lying so many times about so many things I don't know anymore when he's telling the truth so I don't really put stock into anything he says. Does he really have cancer? Is he going to die soon? If not, how much longer until I can get away from him? Will I ever be happy again?

Thanks in advance!

by Anonymousreply 1811/07/2013

OP, is the career improvement significant? Are your old friends still back home and are you in touch with them?

Before moving back home, I would explore career options there and check back with friends (I live pretty close to some old friends I never see because our lives have moved on).

If you are still in touch with them and the connection is still meaningful, then I would pursue career options there.

Or you can always stay where you are for work and go maybe once a month or more to your old home on extended weekends, so you can enjoy your friends company in a more relaxed atmosphere.

by Anonymousreply 1911/07/2013

R8, this may be hard to hear but it will never work between you two. Relationships become hard to repair when too much damage has been done.

The only way is to really break it off (we must assume you both know about how miserable you are because you stay in touch - never gonna work either). And then, slowly, but this might well take a year or two, you'll meet new people and start off on a new foot.

But sadly, this relationship cannot go anywhere healthy, no matter how much you might still be attracted to each other.

by Anonymousreply 2011/07/2013

Love yourself, R13. There is much to be loved there

by Anonymousreply 2111/07/2013

I've stalled. At work, at home, in my relationship. Not by choice, but from outside sources. But now that I've been stalled I don't know how to restart.

Any clues, DL Psychics?

by Anonymousreply 2211/07/2013

R18, you need to break away from this horrible relationship, and certainly not by means of suicide.

How is he financially blackmailing you? You will be happy again once you have escaped his evil clutches.

Beware you might have to cut yourself from things you hold dear (house, job/career, town, friends that he introduced you to).

At this point, if all you are contemplating is suicide, letting go of all this things would be a form of social suicide, but with you staying alive, and more alive than you think.

Call it starting over.

You will need a lot of courage but this is the only way out. Do not stay under any circumstances with someone who lies to you.

Are you in debt? If so, is the amount larger than what you would be able to repay in a year? If this is the case, can you file for bankrupcy?

by Anonymousreply 2311/07/2013

What are your interests? A skill you would be curious about but don't master yet, like woodcarving or learnig a new language or singing in a choir if you don't already sing.

By opening yourself to a new activity, and making an effort in learning in this new area of your life, you will open up options about yourslef that you don't yet know about.

Walking to and from work in wooded areas with or without a stream/ lake nearby are also of help.

Take at least one afternoon (or morning if you are a morning person) a week for yourself, which you will devote to your activity.

by Anonymousreply 2411/07/2013

You don't need a psychic: he's a jerk. He's not sown his wild oats yet, and doesn't have the decency to tell you forthright.

And not respecting your decision not to be physical is douchebag behavior.

by Anonymousreply 2511/07/2013

By the way, r14, the feelings that you describe are not unique to you or your relationship with this guy. Everyone in their early 20s has been in precisely that sort of situation, with someone who is unwilling to commit because they're waiting for someone better to come along.

by Anonymousreply 2611/07/2013

Will my daughter get the job she applied for? Do you see a new man for me? Thanks in advance.

by Anonymousreply 2711/07/2013

So, my man say he be workin' late, but then Trina call me and tell me she seen his ass in the club. But then when I ask him about this nonsense he tell me he love me. How do I make him tell me the truth, but keep our love million-dollar strong?

by Anonymousreply 2811/07/2013

First you send me one million dollar, R28.

by Anonymousreply 2911/07/2013

R23 Thanks for the response.

I don't really have much left that I hold dear. We moved to a new area where I haven't been able to find work away from all of my friends and family. He basically forbids me from leaving the house or having any friends. He took away my phone because he was convinced I would use it to cheat on him. He yells at me all the time and criticizes me for the tiniest things. He complains that I don't contribute but I offer to go get work at a restaurant or retail even though it isn't my professional field and he says I'm too good for that and he would rather pay my student loan debt for me than see me doing that. I guess it would be a bad reflection on him? It's like he wants me to be miserable and dependent on him because he knows if I have money of my own again I will leave him.

No, you can't file bankruptcy on student loans to the government, that's my major debt, but I don't even have enough money to get away from him. He has complete control of our finances, which I realize is completely stupid and will never do again with anyone. I have tried to leave him before and he will do things like threaten to destroy my credit by stopping paying for things that are in both of our names like the house or the car. He doesn't care about his credit because he is wealthy enough to pay for anything he wants with cash.

I know it's an unhealthy situation and I want out, I have tried to leave before but it just seems like I have no options. I have no where to go and no way to get there. I know this sounds horrible, but I hope he really does have cancer and he dies soon.

by Anonymousreply 3011/07/2013

R18, is there a part of you that likes handing the power off to someone else? Do you feel that if this relationship ended you would have trouble finding a new love?

I have a friend in your position. His lover is controlling and not above using threats of "danger" to keep him under his control. He tried making a stab at breaking free, only to get reeled in. He started seeing a shrink who told him it was important to leave the relationship. He didn't. He says "He loves me," and I say, "That's not love."

by Anonymousreply 3111/07/2013

Dear DLPF:

Some years ago I went back to school and changed careers. Did I make the right choice?

Thanks, J

by Anonymousreply 3211/07/2013

DL Psychic Friends:

Should I? Is it time yet? I think so, but I'm not sure. Please advise.

by Anonymousreply 3311/07/2013

Are you the same guy who posted about not being able to drink and wear no pants while your partner was out of town because his brother was coming to stay at the house with you?

by Anonymousreply 3411/07/2013

R31 I had a pretty rough childhood so being taken care of and paid attention to felt great at first. I'm definitely capable of handling my own life and would like to be doing it again if I can get away from him. This feels like prison. I hate it.

I don't think I would have any trouble finding a new bf actually. I'm a pretty great guy other than being a bit of a doormat. I'm hoping this was just the universe teaching me I deserve better and to stand up for myself more, which I will do in the future if given the opportunity, I just can't figure out what unfinished business is keeping us together and I can't figure out how to get away unscathed.

I did leave the relationship once. We went to counseling and things got better for a while but then went right back. Tell your friend people like this never change and he deserves better. If he doesn't believe it no one else will either.

R34 No that was not me but IIRC our situations are similar.

by Anonymousreply 3511/07/2013

R35, I was in a similar situation in my 20s (my first love). Totally financially (and emotionally) dependent on somebody.

Finally I just walked out.

I was $40k in debt. Eventually, I declared bankruptcy.

I had $40k (and no debt) when we met 7 years prior. Inherited $50k when my mom died a couple years before we met.

Anyway, I'm happier now than I ever have been. Totally back on my feet. There is no worse feeling than feeling trapped in ain unhappy sifuation.

Just do it. You only live once.

by Anonymousreply 3611/07/2013

Thanks for the encouragement R36. I've broke up with/left guys who were just jerks or cheated on me before. If this was just a will power issue I would have been gone a while ago, but I'm kind of trapped here.

Can any psychics give me a clue on the cancer issue or how long it will be before I have the opportunity to get away? Thanks in advance.

by Anonymousreply 3711/09/2013

I can't just walk out. Even if I left in the middle of the night the first thing he would do is freeze our bank accounts and call the police to have me arrested for stealing the car that's in both of our names.

by Anonymousreply 3811/09/2013

I love you, r29! Me love you long time!

by Anonymousreply 3911/09/2013

DL Psychic Friends:

I'm self-employed and the last six months I've been very busy (thank god). Will this continue? And will I be making more money in the new year? Even though I earn one-third now what I did prior to getting laid off in 2010, it still is so much better than the last two years.

Also, I'm thinking of making some dental and facial tweakings. How will that fare or should I not do it?

by Anonymousreply 4011/09/2013

DL psychic friends, should I persevere with my difficult boyfriend? He has some psychiatric issues but when that's not in the way, he's lovely. It's just hard to hang in there when I'm the target of his anger. I suppose if I were more confident and self-assured, it wouldn't bother me so much. Very grateful for any advice. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 4111/09/2013

Should I move much earlier than I planned?

by Anonymousreply 4211/10/2013

Last time I got a psychic reading on datalounge, i was told that I would get a job I had interviewed 3 times for.

Guess what? I didn't get the job.

by Anonymousreply 4311/10/2013

And you never will with THAT attitude, r43!

by Anonymousreply 4411/10/2013

I have a job, R44. I just didn't get the one that I was asking the psychic about all those months ago. Let me guess, you're a certified DL psychic, right?

by Anonymousreply 4511/10/2013

Gosh it was just a joke, r43. Jeeze.

by Anonymousreply 4611/10/2013

What the fuck? Don't give your power away to anyone, especially someone who says they have psychic abilities. Oh wait I'm getting something here. Ernie meenie chilly beanie, you have a brain, think for yourself, no one knows you better than you.

by Anonymousreply 4711/10/2013

Did he ask The Clash?

by Anonymousreply 4811/10/2013

Why do they hate me so much? WHY WHY WHY?

by Anonymousreply 4911/10/2013

What is going on? What's it all been leading up to?

by Anonymousreply 5011/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!