Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Aquarium people! Need advice...

I have a very large tank with an Angel Fish and a female Betta. They co-existed with a colony of guppies for a year or so until the betta developed a taste for guppies.

What fish can I add to the tank that can co-exist with the Angel and the Betta?

by Anonymousreply 612/08/2012

you lost me at fish.

by Anonymousreply 112/08/2012

You have to remove the beta fish. They are usually kept separate from other fish.You can have many nice fish why ruin it for a beta. Keep it in a small bowl by the aquarium and change the water every few days. Easier to get two small bowls so they can both be at room temp. Transfer the fish, clean the other bowl and fill with water to await the next transfer. I would flush the beta or do you like sushi?

by Anonymousreply 212/08/2012

Check out this site.

by Anonymousreply 312/08/2012

Get a cat.

by Anonymousreply 412/08/2012

Bettas do better alone and angels can easily develop a habit of nipping the flowing fins.

Adult angelfish are predatory and territory so smaller tetras like neons will be lunch or dinner but cardinal tetras of adult size will be fine.

Other angels work but they pair off and become aggressive toward the others so that isn't always best.

by Anonymousreply 512/08/2012

r5 here with more advice:

I have had success with Anglefish and blue rams together along with the aformentioned cardinals.

Serpae tetras are colorful and if you have a group of 5 they stick to themselves and don't get nippy. Black tetras, congo tetras any of the bigget tetras that aren't nippy

Google tankmates for angelfish

by Anonymousreply 612/08/2012
Need more help? Click Here.