Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Diary of a Mad Housewife (1970)

This movie should be much better known today than it is! Carrie Snodgress should have had a bigger career and Richard Benjamin is such a great, selfish monster. Loved the ending too!

by Anonymousreply 1110/19/2014

I agree - a great movie and way ahead of it's time. This was a yuppie family before the term was even coined.

by Anonymousreply 112/08/2012

its on youtube!

by Anonymousreply 210/19/2014

When I was a teenager, I went to check the book out of the library. The librarian asked me "Why would you want to read this?"

I was nice and said it was on a reading list. She said, "What reading list?"

I was about to slap the bitch silly.

I told her it was a list I saw in the paper of 100 books to read. She finally checked it out for me, but Christ why the third degree over a book my parent's taxes helped purchase?

by Anonymousreply 310/19/2014

I agree. A great film needing a proper DVD release

by Anonymousreply 410/19/2014

Thanks R2. I just finished watching it. It is a really good film. Carrie Snodgress was an unusual and excellent actress. Sadly she died fairly young in April of 2004 from liver and heart failure. I wonder if she had been an alcoholic. I know sometimes people just develop severe liver disease without ever having a drink so maybe not.

by Anonymousreply 510/19/2014

Another lost 70's film. Just a story, notbig theatrics, no special effects, just good film making. We had a thread a couple of years ago about all the lost films from the 70's that are not seen today.

by Anonymousreply 610/19/2014

Richard B has to be gay, right?

by Anonymousreply 710/19/2014

I have this film on VHS and I absolutely treasure it. I bought off eBay for $45 in 2003!

by Anonymousreply 810/19/2014

What a wonderful movie. I'm not sure if I want to watch it again--it's probably not as good as I remember.

by Anonymousreply 910/19/2014

Childrens,

It was very recognized at the time as being brilliant.

The only mystery was her not having a larger career and hooking up with Neal "I'm whining" Young...

by Anonymousreply 1010/19/2014

It was big - then. If it had had a proper DVD release, it would be popular NOW.

by Anonymousreply 1110/19/2014
Need more help? Click Here.