Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Diary of a Mad Housewife (1970)

This movie should be much better known today than it is! Carrie Snodgress should have had a bigger career and Richard Benjamin is such a great, selfish monster. Loved the ending too!

by Anonymousreply 1110/19/2014

I agree - a great movie and way ahead of it's time. This was a yuppie family before the term was even coined.

by Anonymousreply 112/08/2012

its on youtube!

by Anonymousreply 210/19/2014

When I was a teenager, I went to check the book out of the library. The librarian asked me "Why would you want to read this?"

I was nice and said it was on a reading list. She said, "What reading list?"

I was about to slap the bitch silly.

I told her it was a list I saw in the paper of 100 books to read. She finally checked it out for me, but Christ why the third degree over a book my parent's taxes helped purchase?

by Anonymousreply 310/19/2014

I agree. A great film needing a proper DVD release

by Anonymousreply 410/19/2014

Thanks R2. I just finished watching it. It is a really good film. Carrie Snodgress was an unusual and excellent actress. Sadly she died fairly young in April of 2004 from liver and heart failure. I wonder if she had been an alcoholic. I know sometimes people just develop severe liver disease without ever having a drink so maybe not.

by Anonymousreply 510/19/2014

Another lost 70's film. Just a story, notbig theatrics, no special effects, just good film making. We had a thread a couple of years ago about all the lost films from the 70's that are not seen today.

by Anonymousreply 610/19/2014

Richard B has to be gay, right?

by Anonymousreply 710/19/2014

I have this film on VHS and I absolutely treasure it. I bought off eBay for $45 in 2003!

by Anonymousreply 810/19/2014

What a wonderful movie. I'm not sure if I want to watch it again--it's probably not as good as I remember.

by Anonymousreply 910/19/2014

It was very recognized at the time as being brilliant.

The only mystery was her not having a larger career and hooking up with Neal "I'm whining" Young...

by Anonymousreply 1010/19/2014

It was big - then. If it had had a proper DVD release, it would be popular NOW.

by Anonymousreply 1110/19/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!