Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

If "Wheel of Fortune" Is Ever Cancelled....

How many senior citizens do you think will just curl up and die?

My mother just called because she has to go to church tonight and is going to miss Wheel! Can I please watch and see if they pick her Spin ID?

Her whole neighborhood gathers and watches Wheel of Fortune with their little scraps of paper and pencils and they excitedly await the announcement of the Spin ID every night.

And they all call it "Wheel," instead of the full name, as if they are cool kids.

by What Is It About This Show? reply 4412/06/2013

Your mother is a buzzard.

by What Is It About This Show? reply 112/07/2012

I haven't seen it in 20 years since my dear Grandma passed. Is Vanna still on it? Is her head still enormous?

by What Is It About This Show? reply 212/07/2012

Well I hope for your sake OP she finds something to do that makes her unhappy and gives her zero enjoyment.

by What Is It About This Show? reply 312/07/2012

My mother loves Wheel of Fortune, too. And Jeapordy!

by What Is It About This Show? reply 412/07/2012

r1 They do refer to the show as "Wheel" now-a-days. I don't know why but its real.

by What Is It About This Show? reply 512/07/2012

I used to amaze my Mom by guessing the answers before all of the letters were turned over, she thought I was so smart!

A great "Friends" episode has Joey watching and the clues are _ o u n t R u s h m o r e. Joey is aggravated that they can't figure out the answer is Count Rushmore.

by What Is It About This Show? reply 612/07/2012

I really do think this is the favorite game show of the dumber half. The only people who seem to enjoy are the people who genuinely can't figure out the word(s) in under 20 seconds.

by What Is It About This Show? reply 712/07/2012

R6 I remember that Friends ep! Howard's mother on The Big Bang Theory is freakishly good at Wheel of Fortune.

A Wheel fail that is floating around on YouTube is a bonehead who guessed part of a Before and After puzzle as Star Tree instead of Star Trek.

I'm sure she was mocked thoroughly when she went back to work.

by What Is It About This Show? reply 812/07/2012

My twat is so withered and dry my girlfriend calls me her little turkey and wears mayo on her lips when she's diving.

by What Is It About This Show? reply 912/07/2012

I knew an oldster who watched it religiously.

During the open, she would chant along, "Wheel! Of! Forrrrr-tunnnnnne!"

And now she's dead.

by What Is It About This Show? reply 1012/07/2012

Think how much cash Merv would've been banking all this time had the poor dear lived.

by What Is It About This Show? reply 1112/07/2012

Wheel and Jeopardy are shows that appeal to oldsters who didn't go to college but think they're really smart. My partner's father brags about how many questions he gets right on Jeopardy as if he is some kind of genius.

by What Is It About This Show? reply 1212/07/2012

DL special

by What Is It About This Show? reply 1412/07/2012

What a disgusting thread! All you bastards will be old bags some day and wish you had Wheel of Fortune instead of marinating in your own piss.

by What Is It About This Show? reply 1512/07/2012

Yes ,OP. Just as your generation will shut down once Sponge Bob leaves the airwaves.

by What Is It About This Show? reply 1612/07/2012

[quote]All you bastards will be old bags some day and wish you had Wheel of Fortune instead of marinating in your own piss.

The two are hardly mutually exclusive, I can assure you.

by What Is It About This Show? reply 1712/07/2012

R15, do you pretend your Depends are a big fudgey tea bag as your squirm into the poo-goo? I hope you keep your hands clean for the communal keyboard you type your drivel on.

by What Is It About This Show? reply 1812/07/2012

Pat and Vanna owe their career longevity to Martin Short.

by What Is It About This Show? reply 1912/07/2012

Wheel of Fortune is boring to me, but my mom and grandmother loved it. It's harmless fun and gave them some pleasure in their later years. It sure beat watching Lawrence Welk with them.

by What Is It About This Show? reply 2012/07/2012

It's so hilarious that Vanna is this paragon of wholesomeness. Then she turned up in the pages of that loose lipped lesbian prostitute's memoirs.

by What Is It About This Show? reply 2112/07/2012

They'll just switch over to Family Feud. It's all just pretty lights and noise to them anyway.

by What Is It About This Show? reply 2212/07/2012

For the record, I love Jeopardy. WoF? It viscerally bothers me, though I know it shouldn't.

by What Is It About This Show? reply 2312/07/2012

Family Guy did a funny Wheel of Fortune parody once. The puzzle was GO F_CK YO_RSELF and the contestants couldn't figure it out.

by What Is It About This Show? reply 2412/07/2012

This one always makes me giggle. The contestant's guess was "A GROUP OF PILL PUSHERS"

by What Is It About This Show? reply 2512/08/2012

My mom never misses it.

You just have to be steeped tired phrases like, 'A breath of fresh air' or 'Younger than Springtime". That's why the frau usually wins.

by What Is It About This Show? reply 2612/09/2012

My Dad used to call it "Spin the Bottle" (I think maybe the idea of playing spin the bottle with Vanna appealed to him). It was on at 7 PM on channel 13 every night.... and every night he would ask "When is spin the bottle on?" and when you said "7" he would then ask "What channel?"

by What Is It About This Show? reply 2712/09/2012

I know what I would do if Wheel Of Fortune got cancelled. I would celebrate like hell.

by What Is It About This Show? reply 2810/15/2013

well, I'll admit it - i watch this damn show too.

Pat S is actually quite funny and Vanna...well, she looks like she weighs literally 90 pounds. Her legs look like sticks. She's super thin for someone over 50.

by What Is It About This Show? reply 2910/15/2013

Kay Starr will cry

by What Is It About This Show? reply 3010/15/2013

Vanna has a g_y son who is living with a bl_ck boyfriend!

Does Merv Griffin's estate still make money from the Wheel and Jeopardy? He also wrote the Jeopardy "ticking clock" music and likely got a royalty from that too, and I imagine his estate is still picking that up?!

by What Is It About This Show? reply 3110/15/2013

Recently, a guy lost out on the big money when he guessed MAGIC _AND as "magic sand."

Then there was the girl who guessed some really long, elaborate phrase with only a handful of letters.

I like the show OK but the new prize giveaways are weird. You win half a car??? Remember when the winners would "buy" products from the showcase? Good old days."

by What Is It About This Show? reply 3210/15/2013

The episode where that queen lost a million because he lisped the answer was it for me. Too sad to watch.

by What Is It About This Show? reply 3310/15/2013

I know who Pat and Vanna are, of course, but I seriously haven't watched Wheel of Fortune since it was a daytime game show with Chuck Woolery when I was a kid. The cohost/letter turner was Susan Stafford, who would always twirl and model her dress when introduced at the top of the show.

by What Is It About This Show? reply 3410/15/2013

My mom is a "Price Is Right" fanatic! Seriously--she'll literally SCREAM out prices, then call someone a dumb ass for not "listening" to her.

"You DUMB ASS! I TOLD you the Icy Hot was $6.75! The coffee creamer is $3.50! What a DUMB ASS! You lost the dining room set, you DUMB ASS!"

by What Is It About This Show? reply 3510/15/2013

I think its popularity (among a certain age group) owes to the fact that IT'S THE LOUDEST FUCKING SHOW ON TV, louder even than a Sham-Wow commercial.

by What Is It About This Show? reply 3610/15/2013

"LOOK at this STUDIO!

Filled with GLAMOROUS PRIZES!"

by What Is It About This Show? reply 3710/15/2013

In my circles, it's lovingly referred to as 'The Wheel'. (It's elderly Scranton-talk. Where diabetes is often referred to as 'having the bad sugar').

I loved it as a kid in the 70's when it was a daytime show, Chuck Woolery was the host, and you shopped for fabulous prizes instead of taking cash.

by What Is It About This Show? reply 3810/15/2013

The Price is Right is 1000 times more entertaining than Wheel or Jeopardy. It's not even in the same league as those other shows.

by What Is It About This Show? reply 3910/15/2013

Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy are fine, but at 30 minutes apiece they're both far too short.

The Daily Jumble can keep my Mother occupied the better part of the morning.

by What Is It About This Show? reply 4010/15/2013

If "Wheel Of Fortune" is cancelled, I will celebrate like crazy.

by What Is It About This Show? reply 4112/06/2013

My mom fucking signed me up for that Spin ID bullshit ("the more people in the family who are entered, the better our chances of winning!!!") and I got nothing but one spam email after another from them. I unsubscribed to that shit so quick.

by What Is It About This Show? reply 4212/06/2013

[quote]I think its popularity (among a certain age group) owes to the fact that IT'S THE LOUDEST FUCKING SHOW ON TV, louder even than a Sham-Wow commercial.

Actually, I like WOF because it's about the ONLY show you can watch on mute! Try it sometime.

by What Is It About This Show? reply 4312/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.