Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Can you recommend a good sugar-free candy?

I'm craving gummy bears, gummy anything. Don't care about fake chocolate, etc. Love things like Hot Tamales, Hairbo gummies of all kinds, have to admit I do like Reese's Pieces too and also Butterfinger.

Are there any fat AND especially sugar free versions of them? Anyone got suggestions? Thanky!

by Anonymousreply 812/07/2012

I like the sugar-free (and fat-free) Jelly Belly Sours.

by Anonymousreply 112/07/2012

Be careful with sugar-free candies. They will give you the major poops!

by Anonymousreply 212/07/2012

Poops and GAAAAAAAAAAAAASSS because of the sweeteners they do use. I eat Lindt dark, needs to be the 85 or the 90. Not the 72%, too much sugar. The 85 and 90 have only a few grams of sugar. Personally I find the 90 less bitter than the 85

by Anonymousreply 312/07/2012

If you're diabetic, heed this warning - sugar free candy has just as many carbs as regular candy. The only thing you gain by eating SF is major cramps and the shits. Check the label - if any of the sweeteners end in "ol" put it back. Sorbitol, xylitol, any of the polyols will wreak havoc with your digestion.

On the other hand, if you're constipated, a box of sugar-free chocolate might do the trick.

by Anonymousreply 412/07/2012

What everyone said on this thread, OP.

by Anonymousreply 512/07/2012

Are these "ols" you speak of, R4, chemically related to Benecol, that fat-free cholesterol-free spread? I've heard that gives people major cramping and diarrhea symptoms.

by Anonymousreply 612/07/2012

Don't know, r6, but it does seem there could be a connection.

ALWAYS read labels carefully.

by Anonymousreply 712/07/2012

Eat an apple.

You are fat.

by Anonymousreply 812/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.