Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Can you recommend a good sugar-free candy?

I'm craving gummy bears, gummy anything. Don't care about fake chocolate, etc. Love things like Hot Tamales, Hairbo gummies of all kinds, have to admit I do like Reese's Pieces too and also Butterfinger.

Are there any fat AND especially sugar free versions of them? Anyone got suggestions? Thanky!

by Anonymousreply 812/07/2012

I like the sugar-free (and fat-free) Jelly Belly Sours.

by Anonymousreply 112/07/2012

Be careful with sugar-free candies. They will give you the major poops!

by Anonymousreply 212/07/2012

Poops and GAAAAAAAAAAAAASSS because of the sweeteners they do use. I eat Lindt dark, needs to be the 85 or the 90. Not the 72%, too much sugar. The 85 and 90 have only a few grams of sugar. Personally I find the 90 less bitter than the 85

by Anonymousreply 312/07/2012

If you're diabetic, heed this warning - sugar free candy has just as many carbs as regular candy. The only thing you gain by eating SF is major cramps and the shits. Check the label - if any of the sweeteners end in "ol" put it back. Sorbitol, xylitol, any of the polyols will wreak havoc with your digestion.

On the other hand, if you're constipated, a box of sugar-free chocolate might do the trick.

by Anonymousreply 412/07/2012

What everyone said on this thread, OP.

by Anonymousreply 512/07/2012

Are these "ols" you speak of, R4, chemically related to Benecol, that fat-free cholesterol-free spread? I've heard that gives people major cramping and diarrhea symptoms.

by Anonymousreply 612/07/2012

Don't know, r6, but it does seem there could be a connection.

ALWAYS read labels carefully.

by Anonymousreply 712/07/2012

Eat an apple.

You are fat.

by Anonymousreply 812/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!