Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The only thing worse than being rejected...

is being the rejector. Well, at least for me. Ive had to do it three times this year. I hate disappointing people. Almost four years after the fact, I'm still carrying the guilt of breaking up with my ex after being together for 8 years.

by Anonymousreply 1612/08/2012

I agree. I felt like a criminal after I had to break off a relationship with a really sweet guy. He wanted things to move more quickly and I got scared. Fortunately, we've become close friends. He's a much better person than I am, and I'm sure I would have been a burden to him had our romantic relationship progressed.

by Anonymousreply 112/07/2012

my therapist says that feeling guilt and pain about disappointing someone stems from the fear of being hurt yourself. the best way to help heal and move forward is to be confident and honest about your feelings...and the only way to make it not hurt is to be consistent and try.

by Anonymousreply 212/07/2012

I feel like an absolute shit. A little over a month ago I made friends with a guy who relocated here from across the country and had no friends here. After a week or so he started dropping hints about how he felt about me. Instead of addressing that and letting him know that I didnt feel the same way about him, I pretended that I didnt hear what he said. Now, we dont talk as much as we used to and when we do, I can tell he is disappointed and is very vague and distant. The situation with me ex is even worse as he ended up getting Baker Acted this summer.

by Anonymousreply 312/07/2012

[quote] fear of being hurt yourself.

That makes sense. Ive been rejected, had my heart broken plenty. It really sucks. But knowing that I am causing that hurt and pain in someone else really upsets me. Becoming a recluse and not putting myself out there anymore is sounding more and more like a good New Years Resolution.

by Anonymousreply 412/07/2012

I don't believe OP.

by Anonymousreply 512/08/2012

"Baker Act" ??

by Anonymousreply 612/08/2012

involuntarily committed to a mental institution by police or authorities.

by Anonymousreply 712/08/2012

I think having terminal cancer would also be worse than being rejected.

I think getting nuked would be worse.

I think being robbed at gunpoint would be worse

I think being forced to read stupid threads is worse

by Anonymousreply 812/08/2012

We feel your pain.

by Anonymousreply 912/08/2012

You need to get over yourself, honey. Stop hurting people. You screwed your 8-year relationship, nobody else. You're punishing others over this bullshit. Those guys you rejected were probably very nice and you hurt them by your queeny foolishness. STOP IT

And get a life.

I hate queens like you. You're an asshole. No sympathy here for you.

by Anonymousreply 1012/08/2012

OP: "Please don't hate me for being so desirable. I can't help it. But I vow I will never ever get involved with someone in my own league lest I be the one who gets dumped."

by Anonymousreply 1112/08/2012

[quote]Becoming a recluse and not putting myself out there anymore is sounding more and more like a good New Years Resolution

This is the path I chose. I simply don't date any more, and don't put myself out there any more.

by Anonymousreply 1212/08/2012

[quote] my therapist says that feeling guilt and pain about disappointing someone stems from the fear of being hurt yourself

That is nonsensical verging on moronic.

You need to find a smarter therapist.

by Anonymousreply 1312/08/2012

Amateur

by Anonymousreply 1412/08/2012

I'm happy you feel like a shit, OP. No sympathy from me.

by Anonymousreply 1512/08/2012

Whiniest self-serving thread this year.

by Anonymousreply 1612/08/2012
Need more help? Click Here.