Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Alec Baldwin "I Lost 35 Pounds Eliminating Sugar"

So for us fatties is that even possible?

Carbs and starch is in everything.

Are there even good starches we can eat and lose weight?

by Anonymousreply 6612/11/2012

Aside from not consuming sugary foods, it probably means that he doesn't drink alcohol anymore.

Any time you start a drastic change in diet your body will respond in a major way. I always thought that the body responds to the stress of sudden change (even if the change is for the better).

Baldwin seems to be a type of person prone to extremes, so for him moderation won't work, just a total change. The question is, can he keep it up?

by Anonymousreply 112/07/2012

Basically he lost weight by eating fewer calories because he stopped eating sweets. That is the bottom line. People who eat more complex carbs (whole grain products) are more likely to not over eat. People who eat a lot of simple sugars are more likely oto overeat (too many calories). So cutting out the sweets reduced calories. Some people also consume too many complex carbs and are overweight- ergo they need to cut back on them.

by Anonymousreply 212/07/2012

He had a sweet young thing fixing all his food for him.

by Anonymousreply 312/07/2012

I lost almost 40 lbs. by really cutting back on a lot. I focused on portion control.

Then, I cheat a little here and a little there and 5 lbs. becomes 10 becomes 15.

I'm back to salads and portion control and working out so 15 doesn't become 20.

It's hard.

by Anonymousreply 412/07/2012

Great Alec, just 65 more to go!

by Anonymousreply 512/07/2012

Just eat actual food. That helps a lot.

by Anonymousreply 612/07/2012

Fuck, his fat ass would hit up every Starbucks in Manhattan and use up all the fucking sugar there.

by Anonymousreply 712/07/2012

[quote]Alec Baldwin "I Lost 35 Pounds Eliminating Sugar"

He craps sugar? Coincidentally, I have a sweet tooth.

by Anonymousreply 812/07/2012

I stopped drinking soda and i lost 10lbs just sitting on my ass.

by Anonymousreply 912/07/2012

As Charlie sad sugar is a simple carb that is instantly broken down in your body that never really gives you the "full feeling" and spikes your blood sugar. It is far too easy to consume extra calories with sugar and it has no nutritional value.

There is no reason any adult should be eating sugar on a regular basis.

by Anonymousreply 1012/07/2012

No alcohol no sugar no starch and I'm down 15 lbs since September. Oh & I eat anything I want 1 day per week and am still losing!

by Anonymousreply 1212/07/2012

I used Dr Gott's no sugar no flour diet. Otherwise you can what you want. Not super fast but allows you to eat rather than suffer and it works.

by Anonymousreply 1312/07/2012

Eat less calories and get some exercise. Simple as that. I set my mind to losing weight last January and since the I've gone from 198 to 158! 40 pounds gone, just by cutting my calories to somewhere around 1500 per day, walking, jogging and yoga. Yes, it's a pain in the neck being vigilant about calories, but the simplest way of doing it is eliminating high calorie junk food.

This is a wonderful book, she's a scientist from NYU. It's so clear-cut.

by Anonymousreply 1412/07/2012

Actually, R15 I HAVE done it. And I am very bright and not the least bit naive.

Sure I tried Atkins, South Beach, the Zone, Weight Wtchers, and other special diets. And they worked ... at first. But the weight all came back once I reverted to eating the foods that I liked.

Then, two years ago, I just decided to stop stuffing my fat fucking face all the time. I still ate the foods that I liked, just less of them. Smaller, more sensible portions. And I kept track of what I was eating. And I didn't snack all evening in front of the TV. I went for walks and to the gym and cycling and so on. The weight came off slowly, but it stayed off as long as I kept my portions under control and my activity levels up.

When I started stuffing my face again ... guess what happened? I gained weight! Shocking, but true. And so very, very complicated.

It's the people who think they need to (literally) buy into the diet industry's (and yes, it's an industry) tips and tricks and methods and diets and books, and pre-packaged meals, and so on who are naive. It's a multi-billion dollar industry for a reason. People are lazy and are hoping for a quick fix.

The shocking truth is that there are no tricks to losing weight. Just eat less and move more. It really IS that simple, fatass.

by Anonymousreply 1612/07/2012

You aren't really saying anything against what people on this thread are saying R16.

If you make healthy eating choices you can manage your weight. If you eat crap you will gain weight.

There is no reverting back, you need to learn to appreciate eating nutritious foods.

by Anonymousreply 1712/07/2012

what is up with his hair color on 30 Rock. IT changes colors from scene to scene. It was very reddish brown last night. Looks terrible.

by Anonymousreply 1812/07/2012

Alec Baldwin neglected to mention that he also switched to a very low calorie diet.

He and his wife eat, for example, half an acorn squash filled with mushrooms for an evening meal.

He not only eliminated sugar, but he also totally changed what his regular diet consists of.

Not sure why he didn't mention this extra fact on the Piers Morgan show last night - other than Piers was not always giving him time for longer answers.

by Anonymousreply 1912/07/2012

Alec is making the mistake of coloring his hair in order to look younger for his 28 yr old wife.

But his hair turns an unattractive reddish brown like Ronald Reagan's always did.

Alec would look much better letting his hair have gray in it - completely natural.

Or if he insists, have a very good professional colorist do his color so it doesn't look so phony. If that doesn't work, just let it go gray.

by Anonymousreply 2012/07/2012

[quote] anyone naieve enough to think losing weight has never done it, and isn't very bright.

Yes, Americans seem to find it particularly hard, don't they?

by Anonymousreply 2112/07/2012

I'd suck the socks offa him in a minute.

by Anonymousreply 2212/07/2012

think losing weight? What, is it all thought now?

by Anonymousreply 2312/07/2012

Does anyone have a recipe for the acorn squash mushroom meal that R19 mentioned?

by Anonymousreply 2412/07/2012

Look at the French. They eat a high fat diet and drink wine. They are slimmer than Americans because they eat smaller portions, take their time, and enjoy their food and drink. They don't mindlessly cram it in as much and as quickly as possible. They don't suck back the booze in order to get drunk as quickly as possible (I'm looking at you, UK). They also drink lots of water and get more exercise every day. Lots of walking.

by Anonymousreply 2612/07/2012

All the Baldwin brothers have awful, weird mouth. Ever notice? They have a plump curvy bottom lip, but zero top lip, and the space from their nostril to their top lip line is huge. They also have small eyes, which are a little unsettling.

Here is the worst offender in the family.

by Anonymousreply 2712/07/2012

Gangsterface!

by Anonymousreply 2812/07/2012

The red hair is hideous:

by Anonymousreply 2912/07/2012

[quote]Carbs and starch is in everything.

Honey, no.

I took out bread and tons of sugar from my diet, and I lost 100 lbs. Yes, former fatass. I've kept it off too. To be honest, I kept getting sick, stomach wise. I didn't initially change my eating habits due to wanting to lose weight, which I think did the trick. I wasn't looking at a scale and getting disheartened. I just couldn't risk getting sick again. I was about to end up in the hospital. Bread always backed up my system.

I eat sugar free cookies from time to time, but you have to be really careful as they have a laxative effect if you eat too many.

Baldwin is not the first celeb I've heard simply cutting out sugar and losing weight.

BTW, I didn't go to a gym to lose weight. Overhauling my diet did the trick. I eat protein and vegetables. If I ever got any sugar, it was from fruit, so it was natural. I take Metamucil regularly. Vitamins are essential too. I've never felt better.

by Anonymousreply 3012/07/2012

Eliminate sugar (including alcohol) and white flour. Eat whole grains.

Eliminate most cheese and red meat. Stay away from processed meats such as cold cuts and suasage.

Eat actual fruit instead of juice.

Eat LOTS of fresh veggies, including salad with LOW FAT or fat-free dressing.

by Anonymousreply 3112/07/2012

[quote]They are slimmer than Americans because they eat smaller portions, take their time, and enjoy their food and drink.

No, they smoke like chimneys. That's why they're thin.

by Anonymousreply 3212/07/2012

[quote]Eat less calories and get some exercise. Simple as that.

Nope. Carbs make you hungry. Counting calories is a fallacy and a fad, just like low fat. That is why everyone is so humongous in the US. The food pyramid is full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 3312/07/2012

If you are eating on the run instead of buying a donuts, muffin or sandwich what can you buy?

by Anonymousreply 3412/07/2012

What is easy for one person in terms of weight reduction and stabilization is not easy for another. Eliminating sugar is possible and can work well for many people.

by Anonymousreply 3512/07/2012

His wife looks exactly like a higher-end Octomom, that Nadya chick. Seriously

by Anonymousreply 3612/07/2012

Excess calories that your body can't burn are stored as fat. How can you (R33) say counting calories is a fallacy? I'm not saying everything needs to be written down to the exact calorie, but surely eating a tossed salad is lower in calories than an order of General Tsao's chicken. If one ate salads (and other vegetables, and fruit, whole grains instead of white processed ones) than there are less calories consumed. It's not a fad, it's basic science of how the body works. Carbs aren't the culprit, neither is fat or sugar. All can be eaten in moderation. They are the culprit if they are the mainstay of the diet. A huge bagel for breakfast with jelly isn't good carbs. A slice of whole wheat toast to go with an omelette cooked with little fat? Not as bad of a carb.

by Anonymousreply 3712/07/2012

[quote] just by cutting my calories to somewhere around 1500 per day,

If I ate 1500 calories a day I would gain weight.

by Anonymousreply 3812/07/2012

R34: six inch subway wholewheat with salad, low fat dressing and a low fat meat

japanese: salad with deep fried or teriyaki tofu with little or no rice

by Anonymousreply 3912/07/2012

Mourning my 30s, when I could do Atkins induction and watch the pounds melt away while I sat on my ass. At 45 I did induction for 2 months and lost about 7 pounds. Guess I actually have to start exercising now.

by Anonymousreply 4012/07/2012

r18 - the reddish brown reminds me of Paul McCartney's terrible color

by Anonymousreply 4112/07/2012

I've been on a "diet" for 30 days and I've lost 30 pounds. I eliminated sugar and flour. I eat all day long, but it's vegetables and fruit with a very small piece of cheese. I have a lot of tuna sandwiches. It's been great and I'll keep it off.

by Anonymousreply 4212/07/2012

can we have a little bit of sugar, like maybe one cookie a day?

by Anonymousreply 4312/07/2012

I do sometimes have half of a candy bar, a cookie, or some sherbert.

by Anonymousreply 4412/07/2012

R42 - if you eliminated flour, what's holding your tuna sandwiches together?

I tried eating a turkey sandwich made with no-carb Paleo bread, but it was so dense and spongy I nearly choked after a few bites.

by Anonymousreply 4512/07/2012

I elimanted white bread and most things white. I go whole grain now.

by Anonymousreply 4612/07/2012

How about tuna without bread? Why the need to mess it up with something carny?

by Anonymousreply 4712/07/2012

A pound is 3500 calories. So to lose 35 pounds you need to eliminate

122,500 calories from your diet. He probably meant, "eliminating sugar" to mean, quit eating anything with sugar in it.

Studies show this is why the Atkins Diet works. People like it's so easy to follow and it's so monotonous that people start eating less.

by Anonymousreply 4812/08/2012

My weight-loss tips:

1. Do not eat anything with more than 3 grams of sugar per serving.

2. Only consume whole-grains.

3. Do not eat anything that is white (No potatoes or corn).

4. Do not eat anything processed.

5. ONLY EAT WHEN YOU ARE HUNGRY!!!

by Anonymousreply 4912/08/2012

I really cannot understand how people get to the point where they have to diet and go through all of this drama about which diet to choose, which ones "fail", and on and on.

In my next link I'll post the chart from the OECD to compare but look at the US and how many of you are overweight or obese. More than 68% when you combine the numbers?!? Unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 5012/08/2012

Now take a look at the OECD chart. US obesity 3 times per capita what it is in Sweden and Denmark.

Your culture is messed up.

Eat in moderation, ride your bikes and walk. That's how most of us do it, except for the rise in obesity from the people who frequent American food chains that are now too numerous here.

Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 5112/08/2012

Alec Baldwin married a yoga instructor. He is a well known heavy drinker. She cleaned him up.

There is no big secret. Can't give up carbs without giving up booze. Sugar indeed.

I like my celebs and friends to drink immoderately. So cut the fat and go to the gym.

by Anonymousreply 5212/08/2012

Can't you do the low carb WOE and drink some wine and liquor without sugary mixers? Obviously beer is out of the question. I know booze will stall you while you're trying to lose weight, or it does me, but once I reach my goal weight, I look forward to having a glass or two of wine with meals.

by Anonymousreply 5312/08/2012

[quote]Alec Baldwin "I Lost 35 Pounds

It's a good start. How's he planning to lose his remaining 35 pounds of fat?

by Anonymousreply 5412/08/2012

I wonder if he'll get his scrumptious 1980s-era butt back.

by Anonymousreply 5512/08/2012

[quote]Excess calories that your body can't burn are stored as fat. How can you ([R33]) say counting calories is a fallacy? I'm not saying everything needs to be written down to the exact calorie, but surely eating a tossed salad is lower in calories than an order of General Tsao's chicken. If one ate salads (and other vegetables, and fruit, whole grains instead of white processed ones) than there are less calories consumed. It's not a fad, it's basic science of how the body works. Carbs aren't the culprit, neither is fat or sugar. All can be eaten in moderation. They are the culprit if they are the mainstay of the diet. A huge bagel for breakfast with jelly isn't good carbs. A slice of whole wheat toast to go with an omelette cooked with little fat? Not as bad of a carb.

Honey, carbs make you hungry. Counting calories is a fallacy. It's junk science. There are tons of books written on the subject. If people want to waste their time sticking to the medical community's bullshit and get nowhere, be my guest. The medical community had to finally admit that cutting carbs can get people off of diabetic medication.

They've pushed low-fat, and calorie counting bs for decades, and look how frigging fat the country is. Carbs are the culprit.

They didn't push exercise to lose weight until the mid-20th century. Even that's in question.

Big pharma wants everyone fat and sick so they can sell more product.

by Anonymousreply 5612/09/2012

35 pounds is nothing. Baldwin would lose that weight by taking a laxative.

by Anonymousreply 5712/11/2012

Building on what R56 said about exercise, there are also a few recent studies that showed a strong correlation between exercise and hunger. Sure, exercising is important for health, but it's clear diet is the main thing people should focus on when trying to lose weight.

by Anonymousreply 5812/11/2012

[quote]Honey, carbs make you hungry. Counting calories is a fallacy. It's junk science.

Actually, even after decades' worth of various no-fat and/or no-carb fad diets, the only thing that remains reliably true is that maintaining a reduced-calorie diet for more than a few weeks *will* result in weight loss. The key word, of course, is "maintaining"; few people can eat 1,500 calories or less a day for a sustained length of time, particularly if they're still eating simple carbs (which as you noted make you hungrier) and not exercising.

by Anonymousreply 5912/11/2012

I guess OP is unaware that you can actually prepare your own food.

by Anonymousreply 6012/11/2012

[quote]Sure I tried Atkins, South Beach, the Zone, Weight Wtchers, and other special diets. And they worked ... at first. But the weight all came back once I reverted to eating the foods that I liked.

This always cracks me up. What other result would you expect when you stop eating healthfully? Did you really expect to give up poisonous carbs, lose the weight and then resume eating crap food again (the things you "like") without gaining the weight back? Really?

by Anonymousreply 6112/11/2012

I lost 220 pounds eliminating Alec.

by Anonymousreply 6212/11/2012

These diets are all about consuming less calories. So if Alec Baldwin ate a lot of sugar, then "eliminating sugar" would cause him to lose weight, assuming he didn't replace that with something else.

Also, I gave up carbs and lost weight! OMG!

Also, I gave up booze and lost weight! OMG!

by Anonymousreply 6312/11/2012

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 6412/11/2012

I dropped 50 pounds by cutting out sugar, drinking only water and eating lots of boneless chicken breasts.

Of course once I stopped doing this after a back injury, I put all the weight back on.

by Anonymousreply 6512/11/2012

I'm afraid, as soon as his marriage hits a rough spot, he's going to be off the sugar wagon.

by Anonymousreply 6612/11/2012
Need more help? Click Here.