Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Stepford Wives remake

I rewatched it last night and my question is if the women merely had chips planted in their brains why the robot bodies on that marble slab thingie?

by Anonymousreply 812/07/2012

Because even during filming they had not decided what the Stepford Wives actually were. There is another ending where they are clearly robots, but that was scrapped. One of the numerous problems with the movie is that it was clearly made up as it went along.

by Anonymousreply 112/07/2012

That's your only question about this ill-judged, steaming pile of poo????

by Anonymousreply 212/07/2012

Well, no R2 but that did stick out. It was indeed a shitty remake. The original was really creepy especially the end when her robot kills her.

by Anonymousreply 312/07/2012

FYI- from IMDB

Several scenes and some sub-plots were deleted and/or added to the film based on audience test reactions: - The scene where Faith Hill's character breaks down at the square dance ran a few seconds longer. - There was originally a scene of Walter contemplating whether or not he should go through with turning Joanna into a Stepford Wife, and the other husbands try to convince him that she'll be happy that way. - Filmed but deleted was an extravagant extended version of the scene between Bobbie and Joanna when Joanna finds out that Bobbie has been turned into a Stepford Wife. After Bobbie tells Joanna all of her shortcomings, Joanna stabs Bobbie above the breast with a butcher knife. Bobbie goes haywire, and sets about performing a number of household tasks in the manner of the old Tex Avery cartoons, with Bobbie's finger turning into a vacuum cleaner, her tongue into a squeegee and her head exploding off of her shoulders while demonstrating what an orgasm is like for a Stepford Wife. The scene concludes with Bobbie opening her breasts to reveal a built-in cooler and offering Joanna a beer. It was the biggest FX sequence in the film, but was cut out despite great expense and months of work by computer artists. This was done because preview audiences felt it was "too much". It can be found as a deleted scene on the DVD. - An extended scene of Walter in the basement of the men's club deactivating the Stepford program, and displays indicate that the women's real brains have been transplanted into robot bodies. At the end of the sequence Faith Hill's character shoots her hand out of her arm on a long robotic tether and holds her husband up in the air. - The original ending of the movie was an extension of the scene where Glenn Close kisses Christopher Walken's head. When she kisses it, the electricity throws Close up in the air, where she levitates, as in the old Tex Avery cartoons, and her shoes explode off of her feet and fly up against a wall and all of her hair stands on end. She falls down next to Walken's head, which briefly comes alive and croaks, "Good night. Thank you for visiting Stepford," while Joanna and Walter look on and the camera pulls back for the fade-out.

by Anonymousreply 412/07/2012

I think the wife having cash coming out of her mouth was too much as it was.

by Anonymousreply 512/07/2012

This was a terrific book by Ira Levin and really creepy. The movie versions sucked.

by Anonymousreply 612/07/2012

The remake was one of the worst movies I have ever seen, and I liked the original.

by Anonymousreply 712/07/2012

R6 The original did not suck but the remake sure enough did.

by Anonymousreply 812/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!