Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Nurse who took royal baby prank call found dead

he King Edward VII Hospital in London has confirmed that the nurse who was the victim of a prank pulled by two Australian DJs about Kate Middleton’s heath status two days ago has died.

“It is with very deep sadness that we confirm the tragic death of a member of our nursing staff, Jacintha Saldanha,” the hospital said in the statement Friday.

They did not say she died of a suicide.

She had worked at the hospital for four years and was “an excellent nurse and well-respected and popular with all of her colleagues.

The hospital confirmed that she was the victim of the hoax and that the hospital was supporting her “through this difficult time.”

John Lofthouse, chief executive at King Edward VII’s Hospital, said: “Our thoughts and deepest sympathies at this time are with her family and friends. Everyone is shocked by the loss of a much loved and valued colleague.”

Said Lord Glenarthur, chairman of King Edward VII’s Hospital, said: “This is a tragic event. Jacintha was a first class nurse who cared diligently for hundreds of patients during her time with us. She will be greatly missed.”

The nurse took the prank call from Australian DJs two days ago.

London police will not confirm details, but they say they are investigating the circumstances of a death of a woman at a central London residence.

The hospital treated Kate earlier this week for severe morning sickness due to her pregnancy.

A Scotland Yard spokesperson told the Toronto Star that it is not being treated as suspicious. It is “unexplained,” the spokesperson said. Asked if the woman worked at the hospital, he said: “We’re not going into that level of detail.”

He said that police responded to calls at 9:35 a.m. on Dec. 7 to reports of a woman found unconscious at Weymouth Street.

Weymouth Street is in an expensive part of London, northeast of Hyde Park and south of Regent's Park. The street, a few blocks long, intersects with London's legendary Hartley Street where doctors with private practices have their clinics

The woman was pronounced dead at the scene.

by Anonymousreply 20801/01/2013

That's fucking awful. Ugggh.

by Anonymousreply 112/07/2012

How proud those 2 Aussie radio assholes must be.

good on ya!

by Anonymousreply 212/07/2012

How horrible. I hope the pranksters take note. Punking people is bad news -- I even felt sorry for the less-than-beloved fool Sarah Palin when she was made to look stupid by strangers.

by Anonymousreply 312/07/2012

Oh, honey, Sarah Palin needs no help in making herself look stupid, she's naturally stupid.

by Anonymousreply 412/07/2012

Suicide, my ass. The family must have had her bumped off.

by Anonymousreply 612/07/2012

I don't blame the DJs. I blame the idiots in the media who flashed up words like "SECURITY BREACH!!!".

The idea of living in a time when a ridiculous level of adulation is given to someone who has accomplished nothing except be born or wedded to that person, is embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 712/07/2012

Done in by the Royals no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 812/07/2012

This is horrible but we don't know what happened. the nurse may have had some other problems -- it is a stressful profession.

by Anonymousreply 912/07/2012

Tragic. You just never know what's going to set someone off.

by Anonymousreply 1012/07/2012

Why the hell would she kill herself over that?

by Anonymousreply 1112/07/2012

Liz DOES NOT suffer fools gladly.

by Anonymousreply 1212/07/2012

Other news outlets are reporting the dead woman is the receptionist that put through the call to the nurse. In any event, senseless.

by Anonymousreply 1312/07/2012

How bizarre and tragic. I wonder why the nurse or receptionist, whichever, died? Cannot be stress related to the incident- or maybe it can. Awful.

by Anonymousreply 1412/07/2012

R 7 is kind of a moron. I think most people, hard at work at their jobs, have a right to expect that the are not going to be subject to international embarassment by outside forces.

by Anonymousreply 1512/07/2012

r13, as the story is changing it may in fact be a prank in itself.

Is there any other news source besides the star reporting this.

by Anonymousreply 1612/07/2012

The receptionist was probably viciously attacked on FB.

Humiliation is a fate worse than death to some.

by Anonymousreply 1712/07/2012

This good enough for ya [R16]?

by Anonymousreply 1812/07/2012

Pranks are bullying by little tiny shitheads.

by Anonymousreply 1912/07/2012

UPDATE: The palace has released a statement: "The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are deeply saddened to learn of the death of Jacintha Saldanha. Their Royal Highnesses were looked after so wonderfully well at all times by everybody at King Edward VII Hospital and their thoughts and prayers are with Jacintha Saldanha’s family, friends and colleagues at this very sad time."

by Anonymousreply 2012/07/2012

I hate people who do "pranks" - radio hosts, Justin Bieber, Michael Jackson, etc. ...all pieces of shit.

by Anonymousreply 2112/07/2012

[quote] as the story is changing it may in fact be a prank in itself.

unlikely. The hospital just gave a televised statement. It's official a nurse has died and it's official she was one of the prank victims. It's believed she was the switchboard operator but that hasn't been officially confirmed.

CBC news is following it quite closely

by Anonymousreply 2212/07/2012

She could have had an aneurysm. Could be completely unconnected to the prank call.

by Anonymousreply 2312/07/2012

The woman’s unconscious body was found at an address yards away from King Edward VII Hospital, where she worked, just before 9.30am today. The emergency services were called and two ambulances were [dispatched] to the central London residence. But paramedics were unable to revive her and she was pronounced dead at the scene.

Officers from Scotland Yard launched an investigation yesterday and are treating the death as ‘unexplained’. The exact cause of death remained unclear. However, one source indicated that the woman appeared to have killed herself.

by Anonymousreply 2412/07/2012

ANOTHER UPDATE: A spokesperson for King Edward VII Hospital said that the nurse who was found dead is Jacintha Saldanha.

***Answering the main line wasn't even part of Nurse Jacintha's duties. The receptionist needed to step away from the phones, so Nurse Jacintha was helping her out.

SAD :'(

by Anonymousreply 2512/07/2012

That Queen isn't the ol' grandmother she looks.

by Anonymousreply 2612/07/2012

Here's the radio station's facebook page, getting slammed.

by Anonymousreply 2712/07/2012

This is a bad omen if there ever was one...

by Anonymousreply 2812/07/2012

Murder most foul, imho.

The royals are always having people killed for crossing the royal family. It's an English tradition. Think about it.

by Anonymousreply 2912/07/2012

What, exactly, was the prank? Why did this one nurse feel such shame that she offed herself? Can someone explain?

by Anonymousreply 3012/07/2012

Told you we were hard core.

by Anonymousreply 3112/07/2012

She knew it was a fake pregnancy and was going to tell the press, so the Royals had her KILLED. Everyone knows Kate called Beyonce for pointers on how to get through a fake-ass pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 3212/07/2012

[quote]The idea of living in a time when a ridiculous level of adulation is given to someone who has accomplished nothing except be born or wedded to that person, is embarrassing

This.

by Anonymousreply 3312/07/2012

I think the Nurse saldanha's supervisors are too blame. i bet they really ripped into her for this. Nursing supervisors are the biggest bitches ever.

by Anonymousreply 3412/07/2012

Give us the names of the DJs

by Anonymousreply 3512/07/2012

Suicide is a tricky thing. I firmly believe that something eventually would have put this woman over the edge. The rest of us can't be expected to tiptoe around everyone in fear. Got a bad review? Reprimanded at work? Victim of a prank? Surprise birthday party? Embarrassing photo on FB? Any of these things can trigger the wrong person.

by Anonymousreply 3612/07/2012

R36 = Member of DJ tribe

by Anonymousreply 3712/07/2012

First were Corgis and now this poor woman. Don't fuck with Royals or they will come after you.

by Anonymousreply 3812/07/2012

Give us the names of the DJs.

by Anonymousreply 4012/07/2012

Who has the royal family had killed, just out of curiosity?

by Anonymousreply 4112/07/2012

Ultimately, this poor nurse chose to end things, but the DJ's should feel like shit for the rest of their lives.

I would LOVE it if this were a hoax on the DJs and then they could say: SEE? This is what can happen!

by Anonymousreply 4212/07/2012

The DJ's should suffer repercussions. Sued into oblivion, perhaps. They certainly should never work again as DJ's.

by Anonymousreply 4312/07/2012

Yes, r36, and treating a fellow human being as the punchline of an international joke can also trigger a suicide.

Humans will do everything in their power to belittle, demean and laugh at other people. It happens every moment on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 4412/07/2012

So this pretty much means that the baby's name will be Damien, right?

by Anonymousreply 4512/07/2012

Yes, R45, see R28

by Anonymousreply 4612/07/2012

[quote]Give us the names of the DJs.

The thousands of stories printed yesterday with this info weren't enough for you, you idiot?

by Anonymousreply 4712/07/2012

R47 flunked rhetoric (if his school even offered it).

by Anonymousreply 4812/07/2012

I read that she wasn't reprimanded but she may have felt so ashamed by what happened, especially since the prank went global, and wondered what people would think of her (i.e. that she wasn't a capable nurse). I'm also shocked by some of the comments on various social media. I've already one where someone posted "at least she did something right. ha ha".

by Anonymousreply 4912/07/2012

It's Harley Street, btw.

by Anonymousreply 5012/07/2012

I assume R48 thinks he has a point? Anybody get it? I didn't have "rhetoric" in school but I'm probably not nearly as old as he is. Is it a course Socrates taught you?

by Anonymousreply 5112/07/2012

Jacintha was being deported.

by Anonymousreply 5212/07/2012

UPDATE: Mel and Michael, the Australians radio hosts behind the Duchess Kate hospital prank, have put themselves in time out after the nurse who transferred them to Kate's nurse killed herself today. SCA, the company that owns 2Day FM released this statement to TMZ:

"SCA and 2Day FM are deeply saddened by the tragic news of the death of nurse Jacintha Saldanha from King Edward VII’s Hospital. SCA and the hosts have decided that they will not return to their radio show until further notice out of respect for what can only be described as a tragedy."

Mel and Michael also hit the delete button their Twitter accounts and are refusing to open their mouths to the media about this. A rep for King Edward VIII Hospital said that Nurse Jacintha Saldanha was a good nurse and liked by all her co-workers, and they also said that she wasn't punished for transferring the call. I said this in my other post, but Nurse Jacintha only answered the phone, because the receptionist was away.

There seems to be two reactions to this. Some people are screaming that Mel and Michael need to be fired, skinned alive and turned into poopy bags for the Queen's corgis. The others are saying that no, it wasn't not funny, but it was just a dumb prank and the DJs shouldn't be blamed. As for me, I'm on the side that isn't saying shit, because THE QUEEN is not the one and has 007 on speed dial.

by Anonymousreply 5312/07/2012

[quote] The hospital confirmed that she was the victim of the hoax and that the hospital was supporting her “through this difficult time.”

I can tell you, having spent 30 years in hospitals in NYC that I would have been immediately fired for giving out information about any patient, let alone a very famous one, without a second thought. I mean really, what was she thinking? I understand that this is a small hospital, so it didn't have a PR department, like most of the hospitals I'd worked in. But anyone asking for info over the phone would be asked to hold while a supervisor was called. The supervisor would then say, "Are you mad? Do you really think the queen would call at 5:30 am? Have you never heard of royal secretaries who do that sort of thing?"

The only info we were allowed to give over the phone was a patient's official condition. Stable. Critical. Critical but stable. We had one person designated as the family member who could call and speak to the nurse and that person's name and phone number was in the front of the chart. Otherwise, you'd have 20 different people for each patient calling the nurse's desk all the time, interrupting care.

I doubt the hospital was "fully supporting" this woman who made them look like fools. They probably told her to start looking for another job and to leave when everything died down. It's not just hoaxsters you need to worry about when it comes to patient privacy. It's a very serious thing.

by Anonymousreply 5412/07/2012

These assholes are saying they're sorry if this causes "issues"?

Comedians who act as if their jokes are some great service to society and take all criticism as censorship are full of themselves.

Prank calls on public airwaves aren't the equivalent of children's behavior. They're designed to humiliate people.

you can't drag a private person into a public "joke" and under public scrutiny and say the victim was sensitive and you're just sorry for "issues "

whatever bad happens to them they deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 5512/07/2012

Wow. As if having your mom get chased by paps into a fatal car crash isn't enough...Prince William's pregnant wife has to deal with harassment while sick in the hospital.

Really...leave the Royals alone. Especially when they're sick.

by Anonymousreply 5612/07/2012

ITA w/ R54. Radio shows do pranks ALL the time. Usually the person they get on the line gets angry and just hangs up. Howard Stern used to do them constantly. I remember one incident in particular where a Stern fan called a newscaster live during the OJ Simpson stand off pretending that he was in a nearby building and could see everything that was going down. Can't remember who the news guy was, but he practically creamed himself when he thought he had an eyewitness giving a real-time blow by blow. When he finally realized it was a prank, he got all pissed and self righteous. Well, dude, you're the idiot who was jizzing so hard over your "scoop" that you didn't think to question the source.

Why on earth would anyone think the Queen was calling the hospital herself? And even if she was, as R54 says, patient privacy is paramount. Even the queen can't get your file. Stupid nurse.

by Anonymousreply 5712/07/2012

In the U.S., Federal HIPAA law allows only a one-word statement of the patient's condition (determined according to guidelines of the American Hospital Association) and the patient's location. The inquirer MUST know the patient's name, or the hospital cannot even confirm the patient is at the hospital. Of course, patient's can allow more but they must indicate that and sign a release. A patient can also choose to release NOTHING publicly, even a confirmation that they're a patient. Federal fines for violating HIPAA typically run into the tens of thousands. A Calif hospital system was charged nearly $1M for staff letting out information about celebrity patients.

by Anonymousreply 5812/07/2012

[quote]others are saying that no, it wasn't not funny,

Others sound dumb, R53.

by Anonymousreply 5912/07/2012

Lay off the DJs. It's not their fault.

by Anonymousreply 6012/07/2012

The Queen meant it as a warning to Kate.

by Anonymousreply 6112/07/2012

[quote]Wow. As if having your mom get chased by paps into a fatal car crash isn't enough...Prince William's pregnant wife has to deal with harassment while sick in the hospital.

Yes, William certainly is the stand-out victim in all this. How perceptive.

by Anonymousreply 6212/07/2012

This is so extreme it's hard to believe she was being supported by anyone, the hospital is trying to make itself look good. I feel so sad for her and her family.

by Anonymousreply 6312/07/2012

TV report also says it was a suicide.

Who's to blame? Over past two days nurse was made into a media-fueled laughingstock

by Anonymousreply 6412/07/2012

Could someone re-cap what the DJs did?

by Anonymousreply 6512/07/2012

Same with my hospital, R54. I would have been immediately fired for violating HIPAA laws. And I'm always answering calls when our unit clerk is unavailable; you wouldn't believe how people will lie, trying to find out information on a patient.

by Anonymousreply 6612/07/2012

r59 - That's one of Michael K's insider jokes. I can't remember the origin. r53 just copied and pasted from Dlisted.

There is no way an adult person's suicide is a foreseeable consequence of a silly prank that the average 12-year-old wouldn't have fallen for. Anyone calling out for the DJs to be punished is a reactionary idiot. Obviously the poor woman had other issues, besides not understanding the basics of her job.

by Anonymousreply 6712/07/2012

The sad thing is how unlike the queen that woman sounded and yet a Brit fell for it.

by Anonymousreply 6812/07/2012

The nurse probably found out that Kate's pregnancy is a hoax. You know these royal babies are all born in satan's blood. The royals probably killed her off.

by Anonymousreply 6912/07/2012

Illuminati at work again.

by Anonymousreply 7012/07/2012

Its typical of the British Royals. For them to welcome a baby. They have to spill blood.

Will this baby be the anti christ?

by Anonymousreply 7112/07/2012

Those Aussie asshats better go into hiding.

by Anonymousreply 7212/07/2012

Poor nurse -- the Queen would never have to call the hospital. The Medical Chief of Staff would be briefing the Palace.

by Anonymousreply 7312/07/2012

I hate the royals and how Ppl Adobe them, how the fuck can you put someone on such a Piedestal and Feel unworthy of them just because they were Born into something?

by Anonymousreply 7412/07/2012

The duchess is hardly worth taking one's life. I mean REALLY...

by Anonymousreply 7512/07/2012

Oh, this is so sad.

by Anonymousreply 7612/07/2012

R75 nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 7712/07/2012

[quote]I hate the royals and how Ppl Adobe them, how the fuck can you put someone on such a Piedestal and Feel unworthy of them just because they were Born into something?

I felt the same way when Jenna Bush got that job on The Today Show right out of college, R74.

by Anonymousreply 7812/07/2012

I actually thought the DJ's handled the prank well upon listening to it.

I don't think they expected the call to get any attention, but when the nurse started disclosing information, they instantly backed away from pushing the topic, and concluded by saying, "So Kate is ok then?".

Had they kept adding pressure on the situation by taking advantage of the nurse and demanding to be transfered through to Kate, then I could understand the negativity behind their actions.

It's a horrible situation that now they'll have to live with unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 8012/07/2012

[quote]Radio station 2Day FM has previously been in trouble with Acma for incidents including one when a 14-year-old girl revealed on air that she had been raped.

They sound like such nice people.

They should rot in hell. Why do they still have a license?

by Anonymousreply 8212/07/2012

I haven't seen that many fat nurses but if they are...it's because their jobs are shit.

by Anonymousreply 8412/07/2012

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to listen to the tape since I'm at work. The nurse's surname is Portuguese. Is there any chance she wasn't a native speaker or relatively new to the country and unfamiliar with privacy laws? Maybe she really didn't understand the implications of transferring such a call. HIPAA compliance is sacred here, but how strict are confidentiality laws elsewhere?

After all, she just stepped in for the receptionist and probably had minimal training for that role. Maybe she didn't fully understand what the callers were saying and should never have been in a position of regular contact with the general public due to language issues.

Of course, she was scolded or maybe even threatened or fired. This hospital was made to look bad, yet again, and there had to be consequences. This is the same hospital where Sophie Countess of Wessex gave birth to at least one of her children. IIRC, there were complications leading to blood loss and the hospital didn't have an adequate supply of her blood type so she was touch and go for a while. Another snafu during a royal visit would have made this private institution look doubly bad.

by Anonymousreply 8512/07/2012

uh R80, they "handled" the prank well?

They did it on purpose and are the ones who promoted it. Catch up. They deliberately brought humiliation on this woman to promote themselves.

When you play "pranks" on people you don't know, you have no idea what effect it will have on them. Ask Tyler Clementi.

Wheb you broadcast it in the name of getting laughs to promote yourselves, you're a sick fuck.

They handled nothing well at all. They need to give up these jobs for life and do something meaningful, but they don't have the guts or talent for that, or they wouldn't be doing what they did in the first place.

Australia should pull their license. and all the people who lose their jobs for these clowns can say, well, at least they handled the prank well ... or run the clowns out of town.

by Anonymousreply 8612/07/2012

r85 it's possible, as the EU allows free movement and might not have understood the accent of the callers either.

You're underestimating what likely happened to her. People all around her probably said one thing or another to mock her or question her. She wasn't up to the scorn heaped on her overnight and the British press didn't help.

by Anonymousreply 8712/07/2012

This has also made me think of how during the whole Murdoch hacking fiasco, Gordon Brown's ill son's medical records became known after News International had managed somehow to gain access to them. His condition was publicized after Rebekah Brooks had a phone conversation offering him condolences or something. Or did one of the NI papers actually publish the info.? I don't think the information was gained via hacking, but rather paying someone with access.

Anyway, this was the Murdoch organization at their sinister best and some easily bought lackey. They are going to get off very easily. This poor woman made a mistake.

by Anonymousreply 8812/07/2012

Did any of you people who are excoriating the DJs actually hear the phone call? It was so over the top that I can hardly imagine anyone over the age of 6 didn't know this was a joke. Anyone who would believe that was the queen and Prince Charles (and the corgis) on the phone was more than a little "retodded." I wouldn't be surprised if she'd been in trouble at work before due to a lack of intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 8912/07/2012

[quote]You're underestimating what likely happened to her.

Really? God, I thought it was pretty bad as it was.

by Anonymousreply 9012/07/2012

"Look at me, Damian! It's all for you!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 9112/07/2012

R85, I think she was Goanese from India. They are usually mixed with Portuguese.

by Anonymousreply 9212/07/2012

The nurse had to know her career was basically over. They might not have officially reprimanded her at her job, but they probably made her feel like shit. And if she left on her own or was fired, who is going to hire a nurse that blabs patient info to the press?

by Anonymousreply 9312/07/2012

I agree with R54. I sincerely doubt the hospital "supported" her. They were probably going to fire her.

by Anonymousreply 9412/07/2012

Too bad this isn't a prank.

by Anonymousreply 9512/07/2012

Wow- this is weird! This is EXACTLY like the plot of the movie "The Fisher King"- a shock jock's behavior leads to death of innocent people. These Australian fools have blood on their hands, and if anything happens to Kate's kid because of this, it's off to the Tower of London!

by Anonymousreply 9612/07/2012

I worked in hospitals years before HIPAA and we didn't give out information even though there was no law. It could be an opposing lawyer calling to get information on someone involved in an injury or abuse case. It could be an ex spouse, it could be anyone. It just wasn't done.

by Anonymousreply 9712/07/2012

It was really such a nothing...I can't think anyone was even entertained by the prank.

by Anonymousreply 9812/07/2012

No one should be able to 'prank' a hospital's doctors and nurses. They deal with life and death situations on a daily basis. It's horrible what those two jackasses in Australia did and they deserve jail time for it, or at the very least a huge civil fine.

by Anonymousreply 10012/07/2012

For their next stunt they will be prank calling 911.

by Anonymousreply 10112/07/2012

Jacintha only answered the phone and transferred the call -- she is not even the one who gave out the info. All the more sad.

by Anonymousreply 10212/07/2012

Today FM should lose their license over this.

They have had many run ins with the Australian Communications and Media Authority and only have a license to broadcast with a decency condition for a 5 year period.

by Anonymousreply 10312/07/2012

[quote]They made a big deal out of nothing,

What are you talking about? Thus far, at least publicly, they've made no deal about it besides issue a sympathetic statement.

by Anonymousreply 10412/08/2012

When your Indian or Filipino make mistake they don't have to die. That waste of a serf. A good beating can fix things.

Merry Christmas!

by Anonymousreply 10512/08/2012

The Royal Family didn't even make a formal complaint, r99.

What I do not understand is how it got past 2DayFM's lawyers. They are saying they did nothing illegal, but wouldn't attempting to circumvent patient privacy (regardless of who that patient happens to be) be against the law? Or is that only covered by the hospital's own policy and procedure?

by Anonymousreply 10612/08/2012

It's a shame the hospital didn't train its people to ask for a callback number or something.

Pranks like this qare not uncommon unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 10712/08/2012

Don't look at me. I've only been bagging venison.

by Anonymousreply 10812/08/2012

It's very sad. But damn! Talk about an overreaction.

by Anonymousreply 10912/08/2012

[quote] Jacintha only answered the phone and transferred the call

WTF was she doing at the switchboard? Nurses don't work near switchboards. Something funny was going on. People have been known to find a cozy place to sleep during the night shift. Perhaps Jacinta was holed up there taking a snooze. It's got to be one of the questions the hospital wanted an answer to. Why were you at the switchboard? Where was the switchboard operator?

I worked at Doctor's Hospital in NY right after the years when it was the place for celebs to check in for "exhaustion," for Upper East Side grand dames to check into while their apartments wre being renovated and for anyone who could afford it checked in to have a "d&c for uterine bleeding." I was told by holdover nurses who'd been there during its heyday that All of the wealthy patients had private duty nurses. The staff nurses were there just to meet state requirements for number of employee nurses per floor. They'd work for 24 hours in a row on different floors and sleep through the night shift. Even in that hospital, the switchboard was nowhere near the medical floors where the nurses worked.

The other explanation would be that the switchboard put the call through to the nursing supervisor who transferred it to the ward, and Jacinta was the supervisor. Or the call went through to the ward and Jacinta was the ward nurse who handed the phone off to a private duty nurse.

Maybe they took a blood sample from her because they wondered how she could have been fooled by such an obvious hoax call. And maybe it was going to be positive for something.

by Anonymousreply 11012/08/2012

Some people treat their own life so cheaply.

by Anonymousreply 11112/08/2012

R83, you might want to read back through the thread. Asked and answered.

She was filling in for the switchboard operator who had to take a quick break, probably to run to the rest room.

by Anonymousreply 11212/08/2012

Prank call at a hospital. HOSPITAL. REALLY???? I hope they get put UNDER the jail.

by Anonymousreply 11312/08/2012

Well, men are mean-spirited and vicious. Their "pranks" are generally just nastiness in disguise. Like the type of friend who'll say "I was only kidding and why don't you get a sense of humor".

by Anonymousreply 11412/08/2012

Undoubtedly the management, who are now all sincere in their grief at Jacintha's death, caused it by giving her unholy hell over this incident...

by Anonymousreply 11512/08/2012

We'll soon find out

by Anonymousreply 11612/08/2012

I'm sure her colleagues enjoyed telling her that she had become the butt of jokes, internationally.

by Anonymousreply 11712/08/2012

People keep saying "oh, she must have had more than this happening in her life to drive her to suicide."

But as savvy as most of us are, or think we are, we probably aren't prepared for what we'd do or how we'd react if that massive of a PR onslaught came to our doorstep.

by Anonymousreply 11812/08/2012

R118 We would obviously commit suicide and leave our two children motherless.

by Anonymousreply 11912/08/2012

She had only come to the UK about 15 years prior. She commuted in from Bristol and lived in the nurses quarters, travelling back to her family on the weekends. The poor woman was probably terrified they were going to send her back to India and break up her family.

What horrible, horrible people those two DJs are.

by Anonymousreply 12012/08/2012

The Nurse was beautiful. Here is her picture in the link.

She is a hard working woman trying to provide for her family but because of the DJs, she was humiliated on an international scale, including her own country of India.

BUT, those horrible DJs will not be fired! There is no justice!

by Anonymousreply 12112/08/2012

I think people who say she overreacted should consider her cultural background. She was Asian, and being shamed, perceived of as having failed, "losing face" in Asian societies is a very big deal. It not only brings shame to the indivdual but to the entire family, sometimes even into the next generation. Take that into consideration before simply saying that she overreacted.

by Anonymousreply 12212/08/2012

[quote]The poor woman was probably terrified they were going to send her back to India and break up her family.

So she kills herself which breaks up her family.

by Anonymousreply 12312/08/2012

R122, with a name like Jacintha Saldanha she was Christian, almost certainly Catholic, and westernised. Even in India. There are a multitude of cultures there. For a Catholic killing yourself is a mortal sin - that would normally be a much bigger consideration than losing face.

After 15 years in the country nobody is going to send her back. That is plenty long enough to gain citizenship, let alone permanent residency status.

by Anonymousreply 12412/08/2012

Australia is like an oversided version of Texas. Terrible accents, all mostly redneck, even those who live in large cities. That entire continent needs to be swept away by one big wave.

by Anonymousreply 12512/08/2012

"Have we discussed how hot the dj is?"

Maybe if you have a thing for Howdy Doody

by Anonymousreply 12712/08/2012

how did she kill herself? how come nobody is saying? sounds fishy!!

by Anonymousreply 12812/08/2012

Not the thread for your Ron Paul bullshit, R129.

by Anonymousreply 13012/08/2012

If that's true, R129, someone in HR's head needs to roll. I tend to think it's a lie.

by Anonymousreply 13212/08/2012

Sorry but this prank is no worse than thousands of others played by radio DJs all the time. It's a major part of their thing. In recent years I've heard some DJs making very homophobic "jokes" and such. But this prank had no intended victim unless it was royalty.

I abhor bullying but this isn't it.

by Anonymousreply 13312/08/2012

[quote]That's socialized medicine for you.

Wasn't it a private hospital? You don't think the royals go to the same places as the chavs do you?

by Anonymousreply 13412/08/2012

F&F for R129 - an utter twat who is obviously of an age quite a bit above his/her reading comprehension skills.

If the person who transferred the call is driven to suicide, how the heck is the nurse who actually discussed a patient's private medical condition in a phone call being treated??

by Anonymousreply 13512/08/2012

Is there any more pathetic professional than being a DJ? Unless you're at the very top of your field, you make absolute shit and spend your days cackling like a hyena over fart jokes and worrying that Clear Channel is coming for your job next.

by Anonymousreply 13612/08/2012

A few advertisers have pull their ads from the radio station in Australia.

But the DJ's are still not fired.

by Anonymousreply 13712/08/2012

r137 - Well then, I guess you better shine up your pitchfork.

by Anonymousreply 13812/09/2012

Does anyone really beliewve they won`t be canned

by Anonymousreply 13912/09/2012

It doesn't look like it R139. The CEO of Austereo is lamenting about how they have done nothing wrong and its not their fault and how we Australian's should be supporting the DJs. These peices of shit DJs and Radio station have finally hit the jackpot as they have been in trouble here before many times and have been warned by our broadcasting authority. Not other radio stations - just this one - Today FM.

Nothing looks like it will be done. They were still bragging about it and had links to the prank on their website hours about the womans death had been announced. It was only the social media backlash that forced them to remove the links.

It's sickening.

Australian's are pretty mad about this apart from the radio stations target audience. I want the station to lose its license as this is the latest in a long line of tacky, line crossing incidents from Today FM. The company I work for (Coles - Australia's second biggest employer) pulled all advertising on Saturday morning (also Telstra). They will certainly be hurting financially. Today FM then suspended all advertising to try to stop the rest cancelling first.

I am hoping that there will be legal ramifications for the station and they lose millions and then their broadcasting liscense. The two DJs will forever be social pariahs in Australia because of this. They will need to leave the country.

The reason they are mad is because there have been no apologies. Not a hint of an apology. They wont take any blame and they have been bragging about it even after the woman was announced dead. Then their fuckwad CEO did a press conference where he ranted about how they had done nothing wrong and it isn't their fault and how the DJs are the victims here.

Fucking revolting. Too little, too late.

by Anonymousreply 14012/09/2012

A 'prank call' to any hospital is a higher level of smug sneering aggression. Object: humiliate caregivers.

'Real World' naysayers can spin this all they like, but if the call hadn't been made the nurse would still be alive. It was and is indefensible.

by Anonymousreply 14112/09/2012

Precisely R141.

by Anonymousreply 14212/09/2012

I can only hope that when Jacintha got to the pearly gates, Dianer (as the Brits called her) was there to greet her with a smile and warm hug.

by Anonymousreply 14312/09/2012

The absolute objective was to humiliate them R144.

That was the intention and through replaying it ad nauseam and then gloating about how they would never top their prank they achieved their outcome quite nicely.

Two nurses were globally humiliated. One died.

2DayFM is well known for this shit and it stops this time.

by Anonymousreply 14512/09/2012

Reminds me of Howard Stern show and Dana Plato committing suicide the next day. And of course, of so many bullying stories. Just so sick of it.

by Anonymousreply 14612/09/2012

This occurred at the same time as the second big quake near that Japanese nuclear reactor, which the media is not reporting much about...

by Anonymousreply 14712/09/2012

R144's message to silly pranksters everywhere: continue your hilarious work calling hospitals. If an emotionally vulnerable woman happens to kill herself as a result, too bad. The freedom of silly pranksters is paramount.

by Anonymousreply 14812/09/2012

[quote] failed, "losing face" in Asian societies is a very big deal. I

India is not China. India has a caste system which is built upon humiliation and losing face. Even though the nurse was probably Goa (not "Goanese") and even if she was Christian, the Christians in Goa still follow the caste system.

I don't believe she transferred the call. I believe she was the one who talked about Whatsherface to the DJs. I think the hospital decided to tell a little fib so that the media wouldn't keep playing her voice over and over again.

Nurses don't man the hospital phone banks.

by Anonymousreply 14912/09/2012

It was 5.30 am, R149. There wouldn't be a full staff presence.

by Anonymousreply 15012/09/2012

r110, aspie or alchie? r121, thanks for the link. Her eyes give away her mental instability.

They fired her and she overreacted. Probably already on probation for something else.

It may sound harsh but suicidal people cause so many problems for others that it is really for the best most of the time. Living never gets easier for some. I trust they know best and don't feel we should decide for them. You have to have known a few cases to come to this place that it's all for the best.

by Anonymousreply 15112/09/2012

[quote]But this prank had no intended victim unless it was royalty.

Obviously there was an intended victim, whoever would take the call at the hospital. They wanted to at least confuse or annoy the person and have them react hilariously. How is that fucking okay to do with a hospital?

However when they aired the call they already knew that they had successfully pranked the hospital into giving them information, so what the plan was beforehand doesn't even matter anymore. They did this to these women, on purpose and gleefully.

by Anonymousreply 15212/09/2012

[quote] It was 5.30 am, [R149]. There wouldn't be a full staff presence.

The hospital switchboard is not near patient care areas. The hospital said the switchboard operator had stepped away and the nurse answered for the switchboard operator. Makes no sense at all.

She's the one who spoke to the DJs. The hospital is trying to make her look less like a fool since she has died.

by Anonymousreply 15312/09/2012

I assume the Scotland Yard probe will shed some light on it.

by Anonymousreply 15412/09/2012

The night shift does not draw the brightest, most ambitious workers. This woman had worked at the hospital for 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 15512/09/2012

r144 the point is staring you in the face but you miss it. maybe there's a hole in your head.

As I and others have said, when you play a prank on someone you do not know, you can never say it's for their benefit, and you have NO idea what that person is going through, or what will happen after you've had a laugh at their expense.

Even a prank on someone you know is not usually something you expect they enjoy. It's laughing at someone by trying to create some negative emotion - a scare, to embarrass them, or to enrage them.

it's malicious behavior.

and you're an ass to defend it.

by Anonymousreply 15612/09/2012

I used to work with a guy who "pranked" his co-workers all the time. If you objected, he made fun of you all the time for having "no sense of humour", and the "pranks" doubled.

I escaped because I told him, in front of everyone, that I do not have a sense of humour, and react badly to "pranks"...

He ultimately stopped when a colleague dangled him out of a first floor window (that would be second floor in some places) at a party in front of senior management and asked him "Where's your sense of humour now?"

Apparently (I'd left the company by then) he also had several drinks poured over him, and lost his trousers...

by Anonymousreply 15712/09/2012

I have to say that I loved the Miami DJs pranking Fidel Castro.

by Anonymousreply 15812/09/2012

Well said, r156. Can you imagine having to work with someone like the poster at r144?

by Anonymousreply 15912/09/2012

+1 with r156.

On a far less serious tone, I've never found these impersonator pranks or, say, "Ali G" even remotely funny, no matter who is the subject of the prank.

Yeah, I get the whole thing about exposing the pomposity and gullibility of the likes of Sarah Palin, but stiil, there's a cowardice to preying on the good faith of people.

As we see, the potential consequences far outweigh whatever short-term, shallow, so-called "entertainment" gain there is.

by Anonymousreply 16012/09/2012

thank you r159 and r160.

I apologize if I seemed too harsh. I just can't believe someone thinks this is the time to defend pranks in theory. A reasonable person would say "someone has died ... maybe we should think about the people we do things TO."

r144 is probably the type to do the classic "drop the bucket of water" prank on someone and if the bucket fell and hit the victim on the head and the person died in a freak accident, r144 would whine like a child "it was just an accident, I didn't mean it" and expect people to feel sorry for him instead.

Someone has died from this.

Grow up. You should know better.

by Anonymousreply 16112/09/2012

Did anyone even know this woman's name before she killed herself? All she did was pass the phone call onto Kate's nurse. The nurse blabbed to the "queen" her condition.

by Anonymousreply 16212/09/2012

I'm still surprised that this is the one who killed herself and not the one who actually blabbed so much.

by Anonymousreply 16312/09/2012

I think Williams' role in this mess deserves to be scrutinized. He's a whiny little bitch who probably got all indignant when he found out "the media" (in this case, a couple of dumbass radio DJs) were "hounding" his wife...just like they did his mommy. St James Palace is now claiming that the Duke and Duchess didn't make waves about the situation, but I'm sure that's 100% bullshit. As long as the Windsors are suckling at the public teat, they should damn well sing for their supper. Funny how they always claim a right to privacy when taxpayers' money is being used to accommodate their lavish lifestyles (Kate had a private wing to herself with a sizable security detail...not bad for the daughter of a couple of grifters).

by Anonymousreply 16412/09/2012

I feel that the Australian pranksters are being made to take the fall for something people would have described as harmless fun had the woman not killed herself.

I think the hospital had something to do with her demise, they must have reprimanded her severely and threatened her future prospects because of this mishap, causing her suicide.

Why is nobody suspecting the hospital's role in her suicide? Why?

by Anonymousreply 16512/09/2012

Exactly, R165. Plus, she was an immigrant, and they probably threatened her with deportation. I hope her widower sues the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 16612/09/2012

r165, I stand by r161 and what I at r160.

I am astonished, however, at the apparent absence within the hospital of any security protocol regarding the use of communication devices to speak to the Duchess of Cambridge.

I would have thought that at the moment the hospital is notified that the DoC arrival is imminent, that a secure phone, cell, computer line is activated that only Buckingham Palace and the hospital may access precisely for the purpose of confirming that, indeed, it is an immrdiate member of the Royal Family that is talking to the DoC.

There is one now.

by Anonymousreply 16712/09/2012

She's the Duchess of Cambridge, not the Defence Secretary. Why waste the time and energy trying to protect the communication/movement of someone whose sole purpose in life is staying thin and maintaining a gorgeous head of hair?

by Anonymousreply 16812/09/2012

Of course she's not the Defence Secretary and I don't think that level of security is appropriate, however, you've heard of the scandal that has engulfed the Murdoch empire regarding the illegal tapping of cell calls, haven't you?

And even if that scandal didn't exist, I still think it's at least noteworthy that more security regarding communications didn't exist.

She wasn't, after all, checked into the fucking Ritz; she was admitted to a hospital.

by Anonymousreply 16912/09/2012

r166, in all the hysteria at the Australian DJ's I don't think people are imaginative enough to put 2+2 together and realize that she killed herself not because she'd be tricked, but because somebody at that hospital ground her into dust for tarnishing their reputation with the royal family.

NOBODY is stepping back and realizing that the obvious source of corruption is within the hospital. The same people who then talked about what a wonderful nurse she was are doing damage control but deflecting any attention off of their part in her death putting it back onto the Australians.

Don't people see what is happening here?

by Anonymousreply 17012/09/2012

You people really believe she was "just the nurse who put the call through"?

That's pure hospital spin.

If they admitted she was the nurse who gave out the information, news outlets would continue playing the audio of the call.

by Anonymousreply 17112/09/2012

r164 is blaming William and r165 is blaming the hospital administration, all the while, giving the Australian nitwits a pass. Unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 17212/09/2012

r172, you're playing a dangerous game. It's not who made the call, it's what happened AFTERWARDS. This woman was clearly emotionally terrorized by somebody and blamed for endangering/embarrassing the royals and the credibility of the hospital, causing her to end it all.

The Australians are idiots, like any British stand up comedian. Russell Brand called that Fawlty Towers actor and told him that he's had sex with his granddaughter but Russell is still somehow the darling comic on both sides of the atlantic. These Australians did a corny and poor imitation of the royals, like anything on Spitting Image - it's the hospital who is to blame for not seeing through it. And in my opinion the HOSPITAL must be investigated, not allowed to cover up what happened to that nurse in the hospital, who she spoke to or was interrogated by, between the time of the call and the suicide. THEY are the ones who did this.

by Anonymousreply 17312/09/2012

r171, the nurse who answered the call and transferred it had an Indian accent. The woman who committed suicide was originally from India. The other nurse sounded English.

by Anonymousreply 17412/09/2012

Until someone in her immediate family speaks out about how the incident was handled by her supervisors and hospital administrators, we have to lay blame at the feet of the skells who set this all in motion. Giving them a pass is akin to blaming the poor woman for this whole sordid affair. She is the VICTIM, people.

by Anonymousreply 17512/09/2012

r175 - the hospital will do damage control for their mental abuse of the nurse by sucking up to the victim's family - don't you get it?

by Anonymousreply 17612/09/2012

I don't know UK tort law, yet it seems we all agree that the nurse's family potentially may receive a settlement from multiple sources, even though a death caused by suicide generally is outside the scope of reasons for payment.

by Anonymousreply 17712/09/2012

You are ridiculous r164. I do not agree with the monarchy still existing, but even so Kate M. is a human being and there is no excuse to hound her in a hospital (for all they new she might have been very unwell or might have had miscarried) so that the tax payers get their money's worth of entertainment. What the actual fuck?

by Anonymousreply 17812/09/2012

*for all they knew

by Anonymousreply 17912/09/2012

R173 you're being ridiculous.

Do you have any idea how a prank works? If done with maximum effect, the intent is to embarrass someone and have an audience laugh at that person. It's rarely just for the prankster to get his or her own laugh in private, but to get laughs from a public -- the bigger the better.

If the hospital got pissed and people mocked her and worse, that's exactly what the pranksters knew could happen. And if they didn't, they're as dense as you are.

These Australian DJs and their stations aren't just the ones that lit the match. They could've just played it on the radio show, but once they realized that they had hit the mark, they promoted it to promote themselves. The news went around the world because the DJs TWEETED it and TOLD everyone to hear what they had done to the idiots at the hospital.

Someone might have said, okay we got information we shouldn't have, this could look bad if we broadcast it. But the joke and humiliation were on an international scale and they wanted the fame.

Yes, everyone else is responsible for piling on, but this whole thing was pushed by the DJs who got the idea and followed through the station who promoted.

Stop excusing them.

by Anonymousreply 18012/09/2012

I'm not excusing them you idiot. I'm saying that somebody in the hospital OBVIOUSLY made the nurse feel horrified enough to commit suicide out of the guilt and shame her superiors made her feel.

by Anonymousreply 18112/09/2012

No, R173/R181 --

You wrote "It's not who made the call." That is BULLSHIT.

They are MOST responsible because all people who pull these pranks INTEND to subject their victims to embarrassment and WILLFULLY knew that people would tease and mock the victim.

Yes, other people probably drove this woman over the edge, but it NEVER would have happened if the call had not been made, if the prank hadn't been promoted, and the radio station hadn't milked it for effect.

You ARE excusing them by saying anyone but them is most to blame.

by Anonymousreply 18212/09/2012

r180 is right r173.

If you're saying someone else is more at fault you are shifting the blame from the people behind it the most.

you have no evidence of what happened at the hospital.

we do know who started it and wanted to make it as big as possible.

and you are trying to shift that blame.

by Anonymousreply 18312/09/2012

NO, r182, actually you are dead wrong.They're not as intelligent as you think. They are like any mindless school bully or stand up comedian that the British idolize - they don't think about the effect, just the rush of infantile glee.

The fact that you are trying to save that whatever torment actually inflicted upon this nurse in the aftermath is mild compared to the hoax itself, that is what makes me sick and appalled at your ignorance and gross stupidity.

The FACT of the matter is a woman is dead because somebody at the place she worked made her feel like shit about this - using sociopathic and degenerate means to punish her for humiliating them under the guise of ethics and order.

I cannot BELIEVE you are trying to evade the real issue here. This nurse has killed herself and two DJ's are conveniently there to take the fall for the inner-politics of a hospital.

by Anonymousreply 18412/09/2012

I am NOT trying to shift that blame. I am angry as hell that you people are not even questioning why a woman would kill herself because of two Australian imbeciles. There is MORE to the story. I am not SHIFTING blame. I am EXTENDING IT.

YOU are the ones shifting blame.

by Anonymousreply 18512/09/2012

There is something very, very wrong with this whole thing from the get-go. The female DJ sounds like a clown and nothing like The Queen. Don't take this at face value; dark forces are at work.

All these royals movies from the last few years, you think they're not behind them trying to push the brand? It's the family busine$$.

I believe the whole Wills/Kate thing is the last gasp of the monarchy, and nothing but bad things will befall them. She's anorexic and will not carry a baby to term.

by Anonymousreply 18612/09/2012

We don't know what happened at the hospital, so it's all just peculation. But my gut feeling is that you are right R185.

And I do think it will eventually come out.

by Anonymousreply 18712/09/2012

I also think something happened at the hospital. no way she would kill herself just like that.

Such pranks may be "OK" decades ago but now there are more social media networks and her mistake was just rubbed in her face in so many other channels, thereby increasing her "shame" or whatever she was feeling.

by Anonymousreply 18812/09/2012

I think the truth will be covered up, they don't want this incident to cast a dark shadow on the impending birth of the future king/queen of UK. It will be swept under the carpet, british style.

by Anonymousreply 18912/09/2012

I don't think anyone believes Kate will carry the baby to term...which will make this situation all the more tragic.

by Anonymousreply 19012/09/2012

Yes, there is more to the story. The nurse who actually gave out private medical information on Kate is the one who the hospital administration is going to come down on. She should have transferred the call to her immediate supervisor. Putting the Queen on hold may be a major faux pas but it pales in comparison with giving out sensitive and legally protected medical history and patient information. This is standard procedure for any medical facility and Dr.'s office in this country. The fact that the hospital administrator commented on how "well liked" the nurse was makes me think that even though the ward nurse was the one to give out the sensitive information, she may have been a favorite of colleagues and supervisors, and the other nurse was the one being blamed by the staff. See how this works? It's all speculation. We may never know the truth, because by speaking out, the family of the deceased nurse will be subjected to the insane media frenzy that brought shame on their loved one. What a sad, sad story.

by Anonymousreply 19112/09/2012

The more I think about the more I am starting to wonder if there is more to this story.

I will say this: when you pull a prank like this one someonen you're setting them up for all kinds of ridicule.

Simple acts of kindness can change everything.

by Anonymousreply 19212/09/2012

Kate will carry the baby to term, no doubt about it, lots of skinny, skinny women carry to full term, she will be put on bed rest if need be. How healthy the baby will be, now that's a different story...

by Anonymousreply 19312/09/2012

I can't imagine feeling shamed enough to kill myself by simply transferring a call and perhaps getting in serious trouble with my supervisors because of it.

I doubt anyone would've remembered this prank is a few days.

It's not like a picture of her naked and spread eagled on a bed hit the internet and papers.

There have been people who have been far more humiliated than she who managed to soldier on.

I'll bet the DJs could've done this prank a hundred more times and no one would kill themselves. It just happened that the woman who answered the phone was obviously fragile and unstable.

It is sad she chose to end her life, but ultimately that's what she decided to do. I wish she would've been able to step back and look at the big picture and know in the big scheme of things, her transferring a call was so insignificant.

by Anonymousreply 19412/09/2012

[quote] Don't take this at face value; dark forces are at work.

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 19512/09/2012

Maybe she was special agent of the Indian government, assigned to seduce the prince! You can make up anything you want.

The fact remains that she was someone who probably never wanted any publicity of any kind.

by Anonymousreply 19612/09/2012

I read it was also a prank, she's not really dead.

Boy I bet those DJs feel dumb now.

by Anonymousreply 19712/18/2012

She was buried at the same time the news of Sandy Hook broke, so not much coverage...

by Anonymousreply 19812/18/2012

It's pretty brutal to say so, but I think people who suicide in response to things like this are a bit pathetic, selfish and weak.

It's like when people suicide because someone tweets unpleasantness to them. For fuck's sake.. can people really be "talked into" suicide?

I can't live anymore.. everyone must love me!

by Anonymousreply 19912/18/2012

[quote] I can't imagine feeling shamed enough to kill myself by simply transferring a call and perhaps getting in serious trouble with my supervisors because of it.

I doubt anyone would've remembered this prank is a few days.

It's not like a picture of her naked and spread eagled on a bed hit the internet and papers.

There have been people who have been far more humiliated than she who managed to soldier on.

I'll bet the DJs could've done this prank a hundred more times and no one would kill themselves. It just happened that the woman who answered the phone was obviously fragile and unstable.

It is sad she chose to end her life, but ultimately that's what she decided to do. I wish she would've been able to step back and look at the big picture and know in the big scheme of things, her transferring a call was so insignificant.

[/quote]

There should be little doubt that nurse was going to get fired after things quieted now. The nurse knew it. She probably as knew that, due to her newfound and unwanted notoriety, her career as a nurse was over. Her means of living was ruined.

It's that, and not just the humiliation that she'd have to endure, that the pranksters should have thought about. The prank went wrong, as she fell for it when she shouldn't have. Unless it was live, they never should have aired it and ruined her career. Yes, she transferred the call, but if they hadn't placed her in that position, it never would have happened. They should have had the common decency and courtesy of not compounding her unfortunate mistake. If the prank wasn't live, then that's this sad incident shows that pranks like that shouldn't be live.

by Anonymousreply 20012/18/2012

People from professional victim cultures love to blame true victims -- usually using armchair psychology to smear them.

by Anonymousreply 20112/18/2012

I had sympathy for this woman until I read that she'd written in her suicide note that the DJs were to blame. No, they weren't. Their prank was ridiculous and should never have been aired, but she was the one who chose, yes CHOSE to commit suicide and leave her kids motherless.

by Anonymousreply 20212/19/2012

See r201

by Anonymousreply 20312/19/2012

Apparently she tried to kill herself twice last year. I think it's pretty disgraceful of her to blame the DJs and write in the note that it was their fault. She was clearly unstable in the first place. If it weren't the prank call, it could have easily been something else.

by Anonymousreply 20412/23/2012

If the woman was willing to take her life she was not in a sound state of mind to recognize the dj's weren't reason to take her life. Really, people. The woman had issues and was unable to deal with a prank most of us would have had the capacity to move on from. She was not wired like the rest of us.

It's people like this nurse who should remind us humans are sensitive creatures and we are all wired differently. We all react differently to situations and circumstances. We can not assume our actions will not affect others. We should do our best to always treat others with the utmost respect. It would make life so much easier for everyone involved.

No, the dj's didn't make the woman kill herself but their actions showed a lack of respect for the woman and it pushed her over the edge. Yes, she had a history of suicidal thoughts, but the dj's had a history of disrespecting and belittling random victims.

by Anonymousreply 20512/23/2012

[quote]She probably as knew that, due to her newfound and unwanted notoriety, her career as a nurse was over. Her means of living was ruined.

Because she transferred a call? Please. If she had given someone the wrong meds, or fell asleep while someone was in cardiac arrest, then her career would be over. But not because she answered a prank phone call.

by Anonymousreply 20612/28/2012

The Brits are so crazy about their Royals...who knows what the administration would do about her job?

by Anonymousreply 20712/28/2012

Man, did Sandy Hook steal her thunder or what?

by Anonymousreply 20801/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.