Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Monica Crowley: Obama’s win was ‘national suicide’ because rich will pay more taxes

Oh, and she's a PHD now?

Fox News contributor Monica Crowley says that America committed “national suicide” by re-electing President Barack Obama because tax rates will probably go up on the top earners in the country.

During a Thursday segment about Obama’s fiscal cliff “ultimatum,” Fox Business host Lou Dobbs wondered where was the “coordinated action and rhetoric” from Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus and other conservatives to block the tax hikes on the rich.

“But here’s the thing, you can’t win them all so you’re going to see higher taxes on the wealthy,” one panelist noted. “And Boehner knows this so he’s probably going to sit back and let this thing backfire. And we’re looking at higher taxes, no growth, no jobs, fake interest rates. And in two years, I think the Republican Party comes back stronger. Tea party 2.0.”

“From a conservative perspective, November 6 was a national suicide,” Crowley asserted. “There is a very thin, fine, red line between us and total destruction of the American idea. That thin, red line was the Republican Party. If this party also commits suicide, this will be catastrophic.”

Dobbs concluded by promising a future segment to discuss why “Republicans are having trouble with only two areas: one — winning elections and — the other — governing.”

Watch this video from Fox Business’ Lou Dobbs Tonight, broadcast Dec. 6, 2012. (at link)

by Anonymousreply 2812/11/2012

Monica,

Watch this little video, it will help you understand. It's about your level of mentality, yet is a poignant depiction of the current problems in the USA.

Thanks, Real People, with reality as a barometer.

by Anonymousreply 112/07/2012

Monica Crowley also said she loved Jan Brewer "getting in the president's grill" on the airport tarmac. Nasty creature.

by Anonymousreply 212/07/2012

Oh R3, you'll never win again outside of those small pockets of idiocy where you've convinced yourselves you're the ones keeping the entire country afloat.

A bunch of retirees on the dole screaming about money.

by Anonymousreply 412/07/2012

You forgot the the "TM" after "values," R5.

Just more gibberish and buzzwords from you people. Void of any substance. You cannot even point to a time in history when your "values" were ever applied.

by Anonymousreply 612/07/2012

Whose values? That is the problem.

by Anonymousreply 712/07/2012

You have a lot to say and it's all alarmist, racist drivel that the American people -- thank God -- have started to decode as the trash it is. Thanks for chiming in, though!

by Anonymousreply 812/07/2012

[quote]And it's not about money it's about VALUES.

Values which Americans have rejected.

by Anonymousreply 912/07/2012

They said the same thing about Clinton's tax hikes. They said the reverse about Bush's tax cuts. They were wrong about Clinton's tax hikes. They were wrong about Bush's tax cuts. They've been consistently wrong for 20 years.

And that doesn't even take into account the historical record with respect to economic growth and tax rates on the wealthy, going back 60 years or more. In short, Crowley is full of shit.

[quote]The Tea Party is not going away anytime soon. We have a lot to say.

There's only one problem: none of what you have to say is worth listening to. Until you learn the difference between substance and drivel, you will continue to be marginalized and laughed at.

by Anonymousreply 1012/07/2012

[quote]And it's not about money it's about VALUES.

We have heard it before. Conservatives screaming about government not interfering with people's lives and then demanding that everyone must adhere to their values.

Practice what you preach.

by Anonymousreply 1112/07/2012

[quote]government not interfering with people's lives

Except in the most invasive ways.

by Anonymousreply 1212/07/2012

What American values would those be freeper? America is a big country with many different people with many different values. So whose do you want? My values are

I think your "values" is code for your "morality" i.e. anti-abortion, anti-birth control, Christianity established as the national religion, and taking away rights from people you don't like, no social services except for people like you.

How'd I do? You people screech about fiscal responsibility, yet offer no concrete plan, and talk an awful lot of these mysterious "values" you cannot describe.

by Anonymousreply 1312/07/2012

Sorry about that superfluous "my values are". I changed up my comment. I wish we had an edit button here.

by Anonymousreply 1412/07/2012

[R5] Why are you on this site? You are obviously a hate filled bigot who is trying to stir something up. The Tea Party is pretty much like the Confederacy at this point - totally irrelevant. If you did not manage to pull it out this time, you never will.

by Anonymousreply 1512/07/2012

R3/5 is Darlene McBride.

by Anonymousreply 1612/07/2012

What's her "PhD" in? A

Such bullshit. This really annoys me. I recently discovered that a friend from high school appears on talk shows as an "expert" on "stress" and since I opted out of cable years ago I never knew about. I did some research on how she got to this point because it all seemed like she was talking about nothing (e.g., always have flowers in your house to de-stress, plan your holiday shopping to avoid stress, gee thanks DOCTOR!).

I listened to some of her videos and found her books on line and it seems after having an emotional breakdown while working for some financial management company she dropped out and decided to leave her social climbing and money chase behind - thankfully her lifestyle undiminished courtesy of her doctor husband - and at some point decided to get her masters in theology. Some years after that she got her PhD from a nearby school that ministers go to for their PhDs I guess so their flocks have to call them Dr. - this is in the south. So now whenever she appears on shows or at paid appearances to give lectures they make a big deal of calling her Dr. So and So.

It almost seems like fraud to me when you are discussing mental health issues and you lead people to believe you are a medical doctor or even a trained psychologist. Sort of like Dr. Laura with her PhD in geography. I remember how nutty she was as a teenager I am not surprised that she is a TV charlatan and that I found her apperances and books full of exaggerations and lies about herself. Sadly her books are full of her continued ego and name dropping (now people rather than status brand names). People never change.

Monica was always an egotistical show off.

Okay I just looked Monica it seems she has a legitimate PhD in international affairs from Columbia. Okay I assume she had to work for that and she does have some background in intenational affairs. BUT still having people call her DOCTOR is pure bullshit.

Monica's PhD doesn't qualify her to talk about the national economy unless it is about the US position in the world.

by Anonymousreply 1712/07/2012

[quote]The Tea Party is not going away anytime soon. We have a lot to say.

Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Why aren't you looking at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me!

by Anonymousreply 1812/07/2012

by Anonymousreply 1912/11/2012

Monica's just one of scores of examples of people who've been drinking the freeper Kool-Aid so long that they've entirely lost touch with reality. These people, in their world of magical thinking, seem to a) forget what's on the OTHER side of the much-discussed fiscal-cliff, which is VASTLY worse for all parties involved than merely hiking taxes on the top 2%, and b) assume that having Romney in charge would've somehow magically fixed the situation, as if the Senate Democrats who have a substantial, albeit not supermajority, margin in the chamber would give in to bullshit arguments about massively cutting benefits for the lower- and middle-class while continuing tax cuts for the wealthy.

Just like with "Obamacare," the right wing is trying to set up some sort of fictional boogeyman if the Democrats "get their way" and raise taxes on the rich; the problem with this line of thinking, of course, is that a) a wide majority of Americans (across the board) WANTS to raise taxes on the rich, and b) the people they successfully scare with these current tactics are going to figure out at some point that they've had no effect on them personally, a year or two down the road.

by Anonymousreply 2012/11/2012

No the rich will NOT pay more taxes. The rich always, repeat ALWAYS have a way to AVOID taxes.

As Miss Jane told Jed Clampett

"It is not illegal to avoid taxes, so long as you do not evade them."

All it will do is drive money out of production and into tax shelters, most likely out of the country.

Thus the services will stay the same or go down and production will fall and jobs will decrease or decline in wages and hours.

As it is, the rich pay MORE than their fair share. Latest IRS statistics show 47% of Americans actually pay NO INCOME TAXES. This is because they are too poor. Most of those also get tax credits so they receive money back, though they pay nothing. They also are likely participating in programs like welfare, food stamps or Section 8 where they take more.

by Anonymousreply 2112/11/2012

You are repeating Republican talking points, r21...also known as lies. Grow a brain and look into the truth.

by Anonymousreply 2212/11/2012

Monica Crowley is on the Council on Foreign Relations? And so is Erin Burnett? Jesus. I suppose I shouldn't really be surprised.

by Anonymousreply 2312/11/2012

OP, it PhD.

by Anonymousreply 2412/11/2012

Never gets old:

[quote]The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. -John Kenneth Galbraith

by Anonymousreply 2512/11/2012

What does she have a Ph.D. in? Beautology?

by Anonymousreply 2612/11/2012

[quote] The Tea Party is not going away anytime soon. We have a lot to say.

And the South will rise again!

by Anonymousreply 2712/11/2012

Monica's sister, Jocelyn, is a professor of public policy at Rutgers University, married to radio and Tv's Alan Colmes.

by Anonymousreply 2812/11/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!