Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Office holiday parties

Oof. I am hurting today and have no idea how I am going to make it through work. My head is crashing, my forehead looks like a wrinkled mess, I feel sick to my stomach and lethargic and dry mouthed. It was held at this swanky boutique hotel where they had an open martini bar with drinks the size of bird baths. One person disrobed and started singing Phish. Another guy made out with our new intern (and he is engaged). I have no idea how anything is going to get done today and I wanna crawl under my covers and DIE.

by Anonymousreply 1812/07/2012

Did they hold you down and force you to drink so much?

by Anonymousreply 112/07/2012

Just drink plenty of water, Mary! You will be back and running in no time... Intoxicated yourself with as many water can you drink an everything will be fine...

ps: how is engaged - the intern or you co-worker? find that hot - lol

by Anonymousreply 212/07/2012

The coworker is this late 20s guy (very cute) who is engaged but his fiancee wasn't at the party obviously. Intern is like 22 and fresh out of college...Yeeeah.

by Anonymousreply 312/07/2012

The cheap ass law firm I work for is having our on Thursday the 13th. Why even bother? I'm not going.

by Anonymousreply 412/07/2012

Buck-up Mary!

Coffee, Advil and water. I'm told coconut water is also a great hangover aide. Aren't you glad the office holiday party is only once a year?

Ours is extra cheesy this year. They are hosting it next Tuesday from 2 - 6pm at Fogo de Chao, Brazilian churrascaria steakhouse. Ugggh. Can't wait to be rolled out of that place.

More wine please. . .

by Anonymousreply 512/07/2012

Your office party starts at 2pm? That is cheap and cheesy!! But just think, you will be able to eat unlimited meat on a stick.

by Anonymousreply 612/07/2012

I used to work in an office/lab in the admin. part. We used to "have" to go to a xmas potluck in the staff lunchroom. It was always so awkward because the cube fraus were all excited and talked of food all morning and then the lab personnel, who always felt like the ugly step-children of the company, would file in sullenly and glower throughout the lunch. I know when they were back in the lab they would say really nasty things about the office personnel afterwards. I know because I had a few sources back there.

I wish companies would just issue bonuses or some kind of gift card and let us off early and be done with it.

by Anonymousreply 712/07/2012

Few years ago, I worked at a firm where they LOVED their Christmas parties. Excellent catered food, good music (with dancing as the night went on) and an open bar. Each year, there was at least one person who would do something embarrassing and/or stupid. I used to get a couple of nice feels, crotches and asses, on the crowded dance floor over the years. I also made our with a married junior partner one year as well as other fun times.

by Anonymousreply 812/07/2012

You're lucky you're even having a party. Our cheapskate management shut ours down this year -- they're upset about "the uncertainty" of Obama's victory although the company definitely has money.

by Anonymousreply 912/07/2012

R2, were you at the same party as OP?

Or are you the pot troll?

by Anonymousreply 1012/07/2012

Did that slob from accounting get his octopus hands all over Miss Krumholtz from mimeograph, OP?

by Anonymousreply 1112/07/2012

Why do they have these things on work nights anyway? They should be on Fridays.

by Anonymousreply 1212/07/2012

No, they shouldn't be on Fridays. I have a life and real friends outside of the office and I don't want to waste my Friday night with the dipshits I have to work with.

by Anonymousreply 1312/07/2012

My company used to have legendary parties but for the past few years we just do a lunch during the day. Much better for many reasons.

by Anonymousreply 1412/07/2012

The military command where I work had their party yesterday. Even though no booze was served (I don't drink anyway), I chose not to go. It's just best for me not to get too involved in their lives, or have them in mine.

by Anonymousreply 1512/07/2012

[quote]Ours is extra cheesy this year. They are hosting it next Tuesday from 2 - 6pm at Fogo de Chao, Brazilian churrascaria steakhouse. Ugggh. Can't wait to be rolled out of that place.

We have one of those here. Not my favorite place for dinner. Everything tastes the same and not a fan of presentational theater/servers.Just my opinion. Be glad you're not paying for it.

by Anonymousreply 1612/07/2012

How amusing. None of the places I've worked at have had a holiday party. (No, I don't work at a gas station, a restaurant, or in retail.) They must be throwbacks to an older time.

by Anonymousreply 1712/07/2012

R2, is English a second language?

by Anonymousreply 1812/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!