Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Mormon Church Calls For Compassion Toward Gays, Says Homosexuality Is Not A Choice

An official statement posted on the new website reads:

The experience of same-sex attraction is a complex reality for many people. The attraction itself is not a sin, but acting on it is. Even though individuals do not choose to have such attractions, they do choose how to respond to them. With love and understanding, the Church reaches out to all God’s children, including our gay and lesbian brothers and sisters.

Excuse me, Mormon Church, but telling someone to remain celibate throughout his/her life is not compassionate. Stick your new stance up your ass.

by Anonymousreply 1412/06/2012

Pull their tax status already!

by Anonymousreply 112/06/2012

Um....ok... bit too late for our friends in California would you care to out your money where your mouth - was- at help pay to get some pro-marriage laws put in place?

by Anonymousreply 212/06/2012

Oh shut up Mormons.

by Anonymousreply 312/06/2012

Hmmm....$$$ I wonder ($$$) what could be ($$$) their motivation for thi$$?

by Anonymousreply 412/06/2012

Yeah, that's why you spent $100 tax free millions to make California Gays legal second class citizens.

by Anonymousreply 512/06/2012

If I had won, the church wouldn't be pulling this shit.

by Anonymousreply 612/06/2012

The Mormons must have had lower-than-expected conversion quotes this year, so they decided to reach out to us little gays. Pity!

by Anonymousreply 712/06/2012

I find this bullshit more offensive than if they just believed I chose it and am going to hell - because now they feel sorry for me, still call it a sin, and believe that I should spend my life being celibate? FUCK YOU, WEIRDOS.

by Anonymousreply 812/06/2012

same as catholic church.

Both should lose tax exempt status due to their active politicking.

by Anonymousreply 912/06/2012

And what sort of gay is going to accept this "love the sinner, hate the sin" shit?

by Anonymousreply 1012/06/2012

Simple "BOYCOTT MARRIOTT"!

by Anonymousreply 1112/06/2012

This whole thing is just too bizarre for words. There's a reason for everything. Is the blonde red-headed stepchild of Mitt's a 'mo? Is Mitt running again?

Even the quote that their website put up still reeks of homophobia.

[quote]The experience of same-sex attraction is a complex reality for many people. The attraction itself is not a sin, [bold]but acting on it is. Even though individuals do not choose to have such attractions, they do choose how to respond to them.[/bold] With love and understanding, the Church reaches out to all God’s children, including our gay and lesbian brothers and sisters.

What new stance are they exactly trying to put out? They're still saying that acting out on our impulses is a "sin".

This to me is too similar to when Chick-Fil-A tried to walk back their bigotry only to reel it back in when they were further pressed.

Don't fall for it.

by Anonymousreply 1212/06/2012

The Mormoms are hateful, despicable people. This statement does nothing to make them less hateful and despicable.

What? We're not supposed to love someone, have a partner or simply act on a (god-given) human characteristic since they're saying homosexuality is not a choice?

Well, fuck the Mormoms and their so-called, new compassionate bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 1312/06/2012

They're babbling because they know that Mittens' Magic Underwear was a major reason no one like that clown. that and all Mormons only like themselves.

by Anonymousreply 1412/06/2012
Need more help? Click Here.