Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Macy's to stay open 48 hours on weekend before Christmas

Last month for retailers, it was all about post-Turkey spending sprees.

In December, at least one retailer is upping the ante by offering an all-night, last minute shopping marathons.

Macy's announced Thursday that it would open all of its stores for 48-hours straight, giving last-minute shoppers wiggle room to buy gifts the weekend before Christmas.

The extended hours for the New York-based retailer will begin at 7 a.m. on Friday, December 21 and run through 7 a.m. on Sunday, Dec. 23.

At 23 additional locations including Woodfield Mall and Oakbrook Center, Macy's will re-open at 8 a.m on Sunday, Dec. 23 and remain open through the close of business on Christmas Eve. And at 34 locations in California, Nevada and New Jersey, Macy's stores will stay open through 2 a.m. on Monday, December 24.

Macy's experimented with the 48-hour retail marathon in certain test markets last year and found that enough consumers took advantage of the extended hours to warrant rolling out the program to their entire fleet this holiday season, according to spokeswoman Lauren Rapisand.

Many of the shoppers were parents who used the late night hours to shop without children and people who worked late shifts who could get their shopping done during their breaks, according to Rapisand. "We found there were a lot of folks who appreciated the extended hours," she said. "The response was so good in test markets last year that we decided it would be a benefit to all of our stores."

by Anonymousreply 2312/06/2013

Trying to make up sales ground because of the negative publicity surrounding carrying Trump's brand? I'll never will shop there again.

by Anonymousreply 112/06/2012

I work in retail marketing and every Q4 brings a million stories like this that I want to forward to the entire office with SINNERS, REPENT!!!! as the subject line. I gotta get into a less rotten line of work.

by Anonymousreply 212/06/2012

I'm thrilled that I can shop in the middle of the night for my Donald Trump suit.

by Anonymousreply 312/06/2012

That's just stupid.

by Anonymousreply 412/06/2012

Some of my dorm mates back in the day worked at Macy's (NY City & Long Island) over the summers and during holidays. They made triple time for holidays and were thrilled to work.

by Anonymousreply 512/06/2012

One of my tricks to getting some cash for my future is pretending to steal from Macy*s. They hire foolish goons and you can get an easy 220K settlement by just putting up w/the abuse from their security. Act shady & shove your own belonging into your purse & linger IN the store. Their staff never think about legalities so you can get quite the settlement in less than four months. Easy peasey.

by Anonymousreply 612/06/2012

Desperation

by Anonymousreply 712/06/2012

Macy's = fancy Walmart

by Anonymousreply 812/06/2012

Come on people, they are a very pro-gay company. There is no need to boycott them.

by Anonymousreply 912/06/2012

slaves to consumerism

by Anonymousreply 1012/06/2012

Macy's hasn't been Macy's in years. You can go to Watertower Place in Chicago but it's still Fields regardless of the sign on the door.

by Anonymousreply 1112/07/2012

[quote] Come on people, they are a very pro-gay company. There is no need to boycott them.

Nobody mentioned boycotting because of homophobia. It's more to do with them giving a lunatic birther a place to flog his wares.

by Anonymousreply 1212/07/2012

I'm intrigued r6, tell us more.

by Anonymousreply 1312/07/2012

[quote] Macy's hasn't been Macy's in years. You can go to Watertower Place in Chicago but it's still Fields regardless of the sign on the door.

You have that exactly reversed. Field's is no more. The nice things about Field's have all been replaced by Macy's shitty service, shitty goods and shitty attitudes.

Macy's being open 48 hours in a row has all the allure of that ancient troll at the bar that thinks staying around after last call will be a success....

by Anonymousreply 1412/07/2012

[R6] must be Lindsey Lohan shoplifting again!!

by Anonymousreply 1512/07/2012

Love your analogy, R14. So true.

by Anonymousreply 1612/07/2012

You have 48 hours to mess with the trump line. Remove buttons and knife slit suits.

by Anonymousreply 1712/07/2012

Now I can shit in each and every change room.

by Anonymousreply 1812/07/2012

[R18] LOL, now I understand the people who shit in stores thread.

by Anonymousreply 1912/07/2012

Atta girl, R18.

by Anonymousreply 2012/07/2012

OK. Cheap little me is bumping this thread. Unless someone wants to start a new thread. And I hope they will because I can't. (I said I'm cheap.)

I've started doing my Christmas shopping. I love to shop. I shop online and I cover all the stores, especially the discount types, and outlet types,looking for undiscovered treasures. My point being, I know junk when I see it.

Lately it seems that Macy's is passing off cheap, low quality stuff as good stuff, and I resent it. If I want cheap stuff I know where to find it. I don't expect to go to Macy's and let them pass off low quality merchandize they way they have been.

Is anyone else picking up on this trend? Can we have a thread about our shopping experiences and the crap that's out here?

by Anonymousreply 2112/06/2013

I like the colorful Polo by Ralph Lauren socks that they carry. They're durable, quality socks. And I saw a Tommy Bahamas shirt that I must have.

by Anonymousreply 2212/06/2013

R21, most clothing looks cheaply made these days. Burberry stuff especially.

All quality has sunk in just the last four years.

by Anonymousreply 2312/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.