Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

WHAT THE FUCK? Grammy nomination gone horribly wrong!

Best Dance Recording: I Can't Live Without You by Al Walser.

You have to hear (and see) to believe.

by Anonymousreply 1312/11/2012

Um........ this is EDM today after all.

EDM today is basically guys who can't play any musical instrument, taking loops off of Youtube, dropping them on stock dance beats and calling themselves living Mozarts for it.

18 y/o freshmen dancing with Crystal, will dance to any beat under a premium lighting system.

Nobody really cares who wins this slice and dice your way to a beat competition. Give it to the strangest looking DJ, because you know, it makes for good after Grammy photo ops. (Deadmau5 or Skrillex with the new promotional beard in tow, until somebody stranger looking comes along)

by Anonymousreply 112/11/2012

There's a lot of great EDM out there. What OP posted is not an example of it.

by Anonymousreply 212/11/2012

Not in the last few years there isn't R2. There used be better stuff: Chemical Brothers, Scooter etc.

Today they are all subsisting on the explosion of cheap A/V live show technology, LED screens, superb and compact sound systems operated by memory stick based - button pushers.

The Corporations are looking for DJa who look like Justin Bieber now (i.e Madeon). If that is not a sign of the end of EDM, I don't know what is. Any moron with a soundcard can download Audacity and be a EDM DJ tomorrow. Check out Sound Cloud - its just pure garbage. A slice and dice of the official record company EDM garbage being bastardized even more.

Having said that, the live shows and sound systems are truly exceptional. It just the current music which sucks eggs. In order for EDM to be taken seriously, real musicians are needed and they need to move outside of the teenbeat audience, which they won't. EDM is getting even more teenbeat.

EDMs version Justin Bieber...here we come!

by Anonymousreply 312/11/2012

video now private?

by Anonymousreply 412/11/2012

[quote] Scooter

Sorry, R3, but even though you raise valid points, listing Scooter as a credible act is beyond laughable. I mean, we are talking about a happy hardcore act geared towards kids all of whose songs are either rip offs or liberal sampling of other songs.

What sells in North America as "dance music" is brostep, basically dance music created for drunk Midwestern teenagers and fratboys that they can clumsily shuffle to.

by Anonymousreply 512/11/2012

there's plenty of amazing disco and house stuff being produced right now, r3, sorry that you are missing out.

by Anonymousreply 612/11/2012

Well, by default whatever you are personally producing is "amazing stuff" "super great" If only everyone in the world could understand how amazing it really is, just like you do, right?.

....but how many people are D/Ling it from iTunes or Beatport? Because at the end of the day, in the real money world of showbiz, everyone is judged by their numbers. If you don't have the numbers, you don't have the product. Your personal opinion doesn't factor.

Show me the current EDM sales numbers!

(The Beatles sold over 1 Billion records, Led Zeppelin 350 Million, Prince 200 Million, Enya 100 Million. ABBA made an additional $100+ Million in royalties alone, in the last 3 years, based on songs written in the 1970s.)

(Republican, ghost written "Twit Swift" has already sold well over 1 Million in crappy teen tunes this year)

The EDM money, is all show money, not music sales. Because the current state of EDM music sucks. So, whomever is lucky enough to be picked, to drive the live shows, gets the money.

Joel Zimmerman even admitted what he does on stage is ridiculously easy.

The problem with house is it doesn't have the massive outside A/V systems, which really make the EDM shows something worth while going to. House tends to be more a club thing.

by Anonymousreply 712/11/2012

That's music?

by Anonymousreply 912/11/2012

I know exactly what I'm taking about R8 and you are not going to get a distribution deal or studio money from me or anyone else until you learn a bit about business.

by Anonymousreply 1012/11/2012

R10, I'm going to guess you are really old.

You're saying EDM doesn't sell units? Well, fucking duh. Like most artists today, the money is in touring.

by Anonymousreply 1112/11/2012

I'm 32, so yeah in a world of EDM that is really old.

by Anonymousreply 1212/11/2012

Yeah, you're 32 all right.

by Anonymousreply 1312/11/2012
Need more help? Click Here.