Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

BREAKING Michelle Kwan Accepts Position With The Obama Administration

Official title: Senior adviser for public diplomacy and public affairs in the State Department.

by Anonymousreply 4812/07/2012

Isn't she a Republican? And actively supports GOP candidates?

by Anonymousreply 112/06/2012

She is trying to undo her long, anti-gay Republican background now? Makes use wonder when Kwan will flip back over to the Republicans again. Had Mitt Romney won, you know the RepubliKwan would have gone back over.

Kwan ALREADY HAS a position with the Federal Government, given to her by GW Bush.

by Anonymousreply 212/06/2012

R2 that was a volunteer non-partisan position. She wasn't paid.

This is her first paying gig.

by Anonymousreply 312/06/2012

Kwan has apparently given up her most recent career of teaching Republicans to skate on thin ice.

by Anonymousreply 412/06/2012

So... your point being she loved GW Bush so much, she worked for him for free?

Kwans ex-boyfriend was a major campaigner against gay equality in the workplace and part of the GOPs God Squad. He introduced Michelle to GW. But that is not the real kicker. The REAL thing which hangs Kwan, is her current Beau is a registered Democrat, BUT Kwan is still a politically active Republican.

by Anonymousreply 512/06/2012

[quote] So... your point being she loved GW Bush so much, she worked for him for free?

It was a volunteer position.

by Anonymousreply 612/06/2012

[quote] BUT Kwan is still a politically active Republican.

Link please in the present tense of her being an 'a politically active Republican.'

by Anonymousreply 712/06/2012

She is still a Republican. What type of person who works in a field dominated by Gay Men, would be a politically active Republican? How messed up is that? Kwan is like a Republican Female Interior Decorator.

by Anonymousreply 812/06/2012

Maybe she is an Independent? She is now working for Obama! And hopefully Susan Rice.

by Anonymousreply 912/06/2012

"What type of person who works in a field dominated by Gay Men, would be a politically active Republican?"

Try getting out more. There's a wide open world out there. What an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 1012/06/2012

R2 when she took that VOLUNTEER job in 2006 she was still in school and she stressed it was a NON-partisan position

SI: Could you do this job without sharing the views of the Administration?

Kwan: That's why this position is so great: It's not my personal or political views. It's just about my experiences. That's what I'm going to talk about. Questions about what's going on in Iraq or U.S.-China relations -- you know what? I have no right to comment on that.

by Anonymousreply 1112/06/2012

There was never any evidence that she was a Republican - she was bashed without any justification for doing so.

Now we can see that things aren't quite as they appeared to be at the time.

by Anonymousreply 1212/06/2012

[quote] Now we can see that things aren't quite as they appeared to be at the time.

Now that she is 1) Engaged to a guy whose family has deep Democratic roots 2) She is now working for the Obama administration.

by Anonymousreply 1312/06/2012

Who is she engaged to, R13?

by Anonymousreply 1412/06/2012

Kwan is a Republican and supported Mitt Romney in 2102.

by Anonymousreply 1512/06/2012

R15 that link is not even a news item. There is no proof there that she supported Romney. It is just a Tumblr page.

Next.

by Anonymousreply 1612/06/2012

R15, I can't find any citation at that link to back up that claim

by Anonymousreply 1712/06/2012

Kwan is engaged to Clay Pell. He works in the OBAMA administration

He is the grandson of former Rhode Island senator Clairborne Pell (a DEMOCRAT).

by Anonymousreply 1812/06/2012

Whatever her political affiliation is she (wisely) lay low on that issue during this election cycle. Kristi Yamaguchi is the one who did a pro-Romney ad.

by Anonymousreply 1912/06/2012

damn you Obama! first kwan, next Hagel, why not put Romney in your administration while you are at it!

by Anonymousreply 2012/06/2012

Yamaguchi is also listed as having donated several thousand dollars to Romney, as far as I remember.

by Anonymousreply 2112/06/2012

[quote] why not put Romney in your administration while you are at it!

Why did you think he had lunch with him last week?

by Anonymousreply 2212/06/2012

Another photo of Michelle RepubliKwan with her best buddy, George W Bush.

Sarah Hughes is the big Mitt Romney supporter of figure skating world. Figure Skating is Republican female central.

by Anonymousreply 2312/06/2012

[quote] Another photo of Michelle RepubliKwan with her best buddy, George W Bush.

And how many pictures has GWB poses with other Democrats?

Next.

by Anonymousreply 2412/06/2012

WTF? Does Barack have a thing for Asian figure skaters? I've known men who had a real fetish for Asian women.

There was no one else to give this plum job to? Like maybe someone who worked hard to get him elected? It's not as if she is the most qualified or something and there's no one else.

by Anonymousreply 2612/06/2012

Michelle Kwan is a case of mediocroty. Never forget Saha Cohen's early dramatics before she had to adhere to rules. Cohen, a true iceprincess. Don't forget the stretch and the splits. Her beautiful visage compared to Kwan's huge sloppy nose and laziness on the ice. Such sour grapes with her Sting song of Fields Of Gold. Everytime I hear that tune it reminds me to give it all that I've got. I wanna be the elegant Cohen not the middle of the road Kwan. It really comes down to who your parents are to make it at the Olympic level. The true talent will never be known. It all depends on the parents. A true talent will be stifled if they are under the roof of the lazy parent who won't bother rising early to get them to practice. So yeah, you're not wrong when watching Olympic games and innately knowing you'd do better. You never saw that level because your parent(s) was too lazy to drive you to practice no less really show up for parental responsibilities. Olympians are the product of non-lazy adults supporting... so never blame yourself.

by Anonymousreply 2712/06/2012

R28 link please

by Anonymousreply 2912/07/2012

Obama has given positions to a lot of Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 3012/07/2012

Being a democrat, Obama has given positions to a lot of Democrats as well.

by Anonymousreply 3112/07/2012

You should know by now that Obama knows what he's doing.

by Anonymousreply 3212/07/2012

Regardless there is no proof she is a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 3412/07/2012

I bet she'd doing this to gain access to the White House so she can leave the back door open for Tonya Harding to sneak in with a big and heavy club.

by Anonymousreply 3512/07/2012

Pretty sneaky.

by Anonymousreply 3612/07/2012

Bullshit [R-28]. Total bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 3712/07/2012

[R-27] Cohen will NEVER touch Kwan in skating history.

by Anonymousreply 3812/07/2012

Awwww.Good for her. But I will miss her obsession with and pursuit of...ME!!

by Anonymousreply 3912/07/2012

If Kwan is a repug, she's open minded enough to have a Democrat boyfriend and is working in the Obama Administration. You want cunt? Try Mary Lou Retton. Repug to the core and so is her real estate husband.

by Anonymousreply 4012/07/2012

Kwan seems like a lot of young women, they could give no shit about politics, they just take on whatever ideas the boyfriend or husband has.

Seems like she got a good dude this time. Best of luck Michelle. I always hoped she would have gotten the gold.

by Anonymousreply 4112/07/2012

Michelle is the Glenn Close of figure skating.

by Anonymousreply 4212/07/2012

Kwan does whatever her man tells her to. She used to date a Republican big wig. Kwans Dad is a hardcore Mitt Romney Republican, but most women in figure skating are Republicans, so...Sarah Hughes link:

by Anonymousreply 4312/07/2012

Her job will be teaching diplomats how to use chopsticks. Calm down.

by Anonymousreply 4412/07/2012

[quote]It's stunning to come here and read such filth. Many of us are PROUD Republicans and love this party and will CONTINUE to love this party despite what the nuts here post.

Really? You're proud of bigotry? Of discrimination? Of ignorance? Of denial of scientific data and of science? Of efforts to destroy Social Security and Medicare? Of tax cuts for millionaires? Of massive deficits? Why?

[quote]And we have every right to post here as you do.

Actually, you don't have any "right" to post here. Nor do we, of course. All of us post at the discretion of the owner of the site.

[quote]This is most DEFINITELY NOT Liberal space despite what the trolls here try to tell us.

ROFL.... Yes, actually it is. But hey don't let any inconvenient facts get in your way. As you've shown on other threads, reality isn't something that matters much to you.

by Anonymousreply 4512/07/2012

Kristi Yamaguchi is the Republican, you dummies!

by Anonymousreply 4612/07/2012

Maybe she was raised a Repub because of her Repub father and followed that path in her early adult life, marrying a Repub, working for Bush.

Maybe she matured enough that she saw the light and rejected her father's idealogy, hence the divorce. She marries a Dem who aids in removing the brain-washing and she decides to work for Obama.

I could see it. The fact that her father is one says a lot.

But then she could still be a Repub only working for Bush and married to a Dem a la Carville and his wife.

by Anonymousreply 4712/07/2012

She's Asian Meghan McCain.

by Anonymousreply 4812/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.