Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

George Zimmerman sues NBC, reporters

By ASSOCIATED PRESS | 12/6/12 5:27 PM EST

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — George Zimmerman is suing NBC, claiming he was defamed when the network edited his 911 call to police after the shooting of Trayvon Martin to make it sound like he was racist.

The former neighborhood watch volunteer filed the lawsuit seeking an undisclosed amount of money on Thursday in Seminole County, outside Orlando.

The lawsuit claims NBC edited his phone call to a dispatcher last February. Zimmerman describes following Martin in the gated community where he lived, just moments before he fatally shot the 17-year-old teen during a confrontation.

NBC spokeswoman Kathy Kelly-Brown didn't immediately return a phone call. Three employees of NBC or an NBC-owned television station lost their jobs because of the changes.

Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder but has pleaded not guilty, claiming self-defense.

by Anonymousreply 1712/07/2012

He had no standing in the community to lose. He was just a wannabe security cop who couldn't even make the grade for that.. How can he sue for defamation?

I'm sure NBC will love bringing all of his shit to light during depo.

by Anonymousreply 212/06/2012

Don't you have that Klan robe to iron, R4?

by Anonymousreply 512/06/2012

Wait - so if editing distorts facts, then Fox News better watch the fuck out. That's almost all they do.

by Anonymousreply 712/06/2012

Rush-to-judgement-based-on-incomplete-information assholes like you, R5, are why he'll win.

by Anonymousreply 812/06/2012

Zimmerman win? Against NBC maybe. For the Trayvon Martin murder? The facts are so against him it's laughable, Stand Your Ground or no (Stand Your Ground works against him because even if Trayvon attacked him, which is very controversial, what could be more "standing your ground" than an unarmed kid beating up his armed, older, larger assailant/stalker?).

And while going after NBC might be a desperate ploy to help pay for his defense, getting GE pissed at you is a really bad mistake. Way too many skeletons in Zimmerman's closet and way too many creepy facts surrounding this case for them not to wreck him.

by Anonymousreply 912/07/2012

Discovery's gonna be [bold]REEEEEEL[/bold] fun for this one...

by Anonymousreply 1012/07/2012

I hope he wins and wins big. Because he most certainly will lose the wrongful death lawsuit thats in his future so any money he is awarded from this will go to his victims family.

by Anonymousreply 1112/07/2012

I assume any monetary judgement in Zimmerman's favor would be used to pay his criminal lawyers. How would that work? Who would take precedent here in terms of payment, his lawyers or his victim's family?

by Anonymousreply 1212/07/2012

R12 Supposedly Zimmerman has like a 100K defense fund donated by like minded sociopaths.

by Anonymousreply 1312/07/2012

100K isn't nearly enough to mount the defense he needs.

by Anonymousreply 1412/07/2012

True R14 100 million dollars would not be enough to defend him.

by Anonymousreply 1512/07/2012

He's a vile, disgusting racist, but he definitely has a case. What NBC did was so clearly wrong, I'm amazed it made it on-air without someone raising the red alert.

by Anonymousreply 1612/07/2012

I know that high profile criminal cases are extremely costly to counties and some places like FL and So. Cal. get hit by a disproportionate number, it seems. But the prosecutions go on.

But it must cost a fortune for the defense to mount its case. People with deep pockets like the Kennedys can pay their legal bills, but how do the Casey Anthonys, Scott Petersons or George Zimmermans or people with less notoriety pay? Do they or their families go on paying bills for the rest of their lives or do their lawyers consider PR the payoff? I guess I'd put Jose Baez (Anthony's lawyer) in that category.

by Anonymousreply 1712/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.