Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What happened to Marianne Faithfull's kid, Nicholas?

Did he turn out okay?

by Anonymousreply 812/06/2012

If I recall this correctly from Marianne's memoir, he married, had a child, and went to film school or something. If he turned out ok that would be a triumph. He had a nutty childhood; eventually his father got custody of him due to Marianne's hopeless drug addiction. Some people should never have children; Marianne Faithfull is one of those.

by Anonymousreply 112/06/2012

That's a great book, R1. The funny part is she laughs about how ridiculously pretentious she was a teen and then the rest of the book is her being ridiculously pretentious. Keith and Anita shouldn't have had kids either altho against the odds, they appear to have turned out okay. Minus the one who died.

by Anonymousreply 212/06/2012

That book was pretty harrowing. I kept worrying about her kid and she obviously didn't give a shit. How is he now?

by Anonymousreply 312/06/2012

Yeah, I'd like to see pictures.

by Anonymousreply 412/06/2012

He become an author.

FAITHFULL: Of all the things that could happen, my son became an incredible expert on high finance. [laughs] You know? And he wrote one book which is really very, very good. I’ve read it. It’s called Inventing Money. And I don’t understand a thing about high finance. Now he’s writing another one about the crash and the whole thing going on.

Photo of him at link.

by Anonymousreply 512/06/2012

He's very impressive. He initially studied physics. Marianne is not stupid - she was quite bright.

by Anonymousreply 612/06/2012

What about my daughter Antoine?

by Anonymousreply 712/06/2012

"Marianne is not stupid - she was quite bright."

Yes, she was...and she'll be the first one to tell you so! She really does have a high opinion of herself, despite acting like a total idiot for many, many years. Incredibly prententious and stuck-up, even when she was a junkie. In an interview on CBS Sunday Morning she said that nobody could understand why she became a junkie: "I was SO beautiful, and SO clever and SO talented...." And humble, too!

by Anonymousreply 812/06/2012
Need more help? Click Here.