Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Lauren Bacall on What's My Line? Christmas edition.

Saw her in Cactus Flower when I was a young gay teen.. now an eldergay. Miss these great old game shows.

by Anonymousreply 512/06/2012

OP you like Lauren Bacall? What would you say to her haters? Do you think Lauren is and was sweet and genial as a person in her relationship with other people? Hmm... Hehe, i'm curious...

by Anonymousreply 112/06/2012

By the way, i think Lauren can be as mean as an angry cat but a cat has other pleasant qualities too. Actually, Lauren Bacall seems a lot like a cat. Look at her face! She has the face of a cat.

by Anonymousreply 212/06/2012

I like her but I know she can be a bitch. A friend was in the ensemble of APPLAUSE when Bacall took out the first national tour following her stint on Broadway. He said she could be difficult and snooty if she didn't like you.

by Anonymousreply 312/06/2012

Forgot to add-- on stage she was wonderful. In both Cactus Flower and Applause. Unfortunately she was a bit over the top in the TV version of Applause. But on stage at the Palace.. she was a 'star.'

by Anonymousreply 412/06/2012

I don't like her old movies, I'm not much of a Bogie fan either. I thought her fame was mostly about being Bogart's widow and being exceptionally pretty. It was her Doris Duke miniseries that convinced me she can be a powerful actress. I wish Lifetime would replay it, I'd record if if they did. But I probably saw their last airing of it about 5 yrs ago.

by Anonymousreply 512/06/2012
Need more help? Click Here.