Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why No New "Murder, She Wrote" TV Movie?

They did four from 1997-2003.

Angela Lansbury wants to do it, and doesn't understand why the network hasn't asked her.

She's 87. Come on, one last hurrah! The show has so many new fans, especially the younger generation. The show and the films were always a ratings success.

What's going on?

by Jessica Fletcher Is Watching You Poopreply 1812/07/2012

Why do I not recall the movies?

by Jessica Fletcher Is Watching You Poopreply 112/06/2012

Because you're a cunt, r1. ;)

by Jessica Fletcher Is Watching You Poopreply 212/06/2012

Her constant sulfurous farting makes any collaborator wary.

by Jessica Fletcher Is Watching You Poopreply 312/06/2012

"Please, Great-Great-Great-Great Aunt Jessica, help us find this murderer!"

by Jessica Fletcher Is Watching You Poopreply 412/06/2012

"The show has so many new fans, especially the younger generation."

There's only one younger generation after the original fans of that show?

by Jessica Fletcher Is Watching You Poopreply 512/06/2012

r5, just stop.

The films were just brought out on DVD.

by Jessica Fletcher Is Watching You Poopreply 612/06/2012

[quote]What's going on?

Um, the networks don't show ANY movies PERIOD these days?

by Jessica Fletcher Is Watching You Poopreply 712/06/2012

[quote]Um, the networks don't show ANY movies PERIOD these days?

That's not an excuse, hon.

by Jessica Fletcher Is Watching You Poopreply 812/06/2012

When MSW was cancelled it was still very popular and had a large audience. CBS cancelled it because the viewers were too old (i.e., outside of the 18 - 49 target).

I am kind of pissed at Hallmark because they moved it off of their daytime schedule for their stupid made for TV holiday movies.

by Jessica Fletcher Is Watching You Poopreply 912/06/2012

In addition to the campy fun of watching Ann Blyth revealed as Ann Southern's killer, you think the producers were aware that some of us gay guys also watched the show for Grady's bulge and perfectly shaped bubble butt?

by Jessica Fletcher Is Watching You Poopreply 1012/06/2012

R10 I hated Grady's wife.

by Jessica Fletcher Is Watching You Poopreply 1112/06/2012

I watched it also for the hot deputy from Cabot Cove (who was in the latest season of True Blood as crazy wolf pack leader high on vamp blood).

I'd figure someone would greenlight a couple of movies, before ... you know, Angela solves murders in heaven (because they only would let her in when she pretends to be J.B. Fletcher for the purpose to solve murder cases in heaven).

by Jessica Fletcher Is Watching You Poopreply 1212/06/2012

Today's teens are just snapping up the "Murder, She Wrote" DVDs in droves! It's the hiottest thing in America's high schools!

by Jessica Fletcher Is Watching You Poopreply 1312/06/2012

They should do a "Who Killed JB Fletcher?" TV movie.

Jessica is found murdered at a mystery writers convention. Old and frail she had attended the conference with Grady's adopted son (Grady finally came out of the closet)... let's make the grandson hispanic or asian (for diversity).

Angela Lansbury will appear in flashbacks from the convention where she interacts with a number of writers and fans and foes (think of the casting opportunites!).

Said adopted grandson must solve the case. What's his name? Myles? Brandon?

Grady and his husband will arrive to assist is sleuthing.

So, who murdered the beloved JB?

Richard Castle? Jessica had final approval at casting for a TV movie of her books and she refused to let Richard's mother get cast.

Grady's ex-wife (she has never forgiven Jessica for siding with Grady when he came out of the closet and later presided over Grady's nuptuals)?

THINK, DL, THINK! write screen play! Better yet, make this post a thread of its own!

by Jessica Fletcher Is Watching You Poopreply 1412/06/2012

Because 85% of the people who'd want to see it have already died.

by Jessica Fletcher Is Watching You Poopreply 1512/06/2012

[quote]When MSW was cancelled it was still very popular and had a large audience. CBS cancelled it because the viewers were too old (i.e., outside of the 18 - 49 target).

Actually ratings dropped the last season because CBS moved the show from Sunday to Thursday. Lansbury was very upset and publicly expressed her anger about what CBS had done to the show.

by Jessica Fletcher Is Watching You Poopreply 1612/06/2012

Angela is about to travel to Australia to do a production of "Driving Miss Daisy" with James earl Jones! You can't say she's lazy now can you? I'm really shocked that an 87 year old has the stamina to memorize ANY lines at all, or do even a six show week! Good for her. In case she lives, I would be delighted to see Angela do one last Murder She Wrote tv movie, I think it would be fun. If they put it o Sunday Night, the ratings would be huge.

by Jessica Fletcher Is Watching You Poopreply 1712/07/2012

MSW got down with the kids thanks to Tumblr and Youtube. It became the show of many memes. People 25 and under are big fans today. Netflix also has the entire series available for everyone to watch.

by Jessica Fletcher Is Watching You Poopreply 1812/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.