Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Marco Rubio: Earth Is 4.5 Billion Years Old, Created By God

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) was widely mocked in November for saying he wasn't sure of the age of the Earth. On Wednesday, he assured the public that he does know the Earth's age: it's about 4.5 billion years old, and he doesn't think that fact is inconsistent with his Roman Catholic faith.

"There is no scientific debate on the age of the Earth, it's established pretty definitively, it's at least 4.5 billion years old," he told Politico's Mike Allen at a Playbook breakfast Wednesday. "I was referring to a theological debate."

Rubio said last month that the age of the Earth is "one of the great mysteries," telling GQ's Michael Hainey, "I'm not a scientist, man."

by Anonymousreply 1112/06/2012

[quote] "I was referring to a theological debate."

Oh yes, Rubio just had that statement--which is a lie, something the Repugs do quite often. Rubio was not referring to a theological debate when he was aksed that question last week. He resonded the way he did last week so as to not offend his base--the religious whackos in this country.

by Anonymousreply 112/05/2012

LOL. Finally.

by Anonymousreply 212/05/2012

Marco Rubio...another Repug douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 312/05/2012

STUPID FUCKING CUNT!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 412/05/2012

Marco Rubio is not a Roman Catholic. They converted to the Mormon church when he was young. He left one cult to go to another.

by Anonymousreply 512/05/2012

Marco Rubio's pander to the right-wing fundamentalists continue. Think Progress has posted a video clip of Rubio, R-Fla., being interviewed by Mike Allen of Politico:

"Is homosexuality a sin?" Allen asked Rubio. Here's his answer:

"Well, I can tell you what faith teaches and faith teaches that it is. And that’s what the Bible teaches and that’s what faith teaches. But it also teaches that there area bunch of other sins that are no less. For example, it teaches that lying is a sin. It teaches that disrespecting your parents is a sin. It teaches that stealing is a sin. It teaches that coveting your neighbor and what your neighbor has is a sin. So there isn’t a person in this room that isn’t guilty of sin. So, I don’t go around pointing fingers in that regard. I’m responsible for my salvation and I’m responsible for my family’s, and for inculcating in my family what our faith teaches, and they’ll become adults and decide how they want to apply that in life. As a policy maker, I could just tell you that I’m informed by my faith. And my faith informs me in who I am as a person."

by Anonymousreply 612/06/2012

Why the fuck would a politician be in a theological debate in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 712/06/2012

The first thing that Marco Rubio did after the election was fly up to Iowa, where pandering to the churchy crowd there is the first step in a Republican's road to the White House.

by Anonymousreply 812/06/2012

What. A. Tool.

by Anonymousreply 912/06/2012

I refuse to listen to Rubio or Ryan. Ryan is back to giving the same simple minded speech about the economy. When he does that huffy "listen" before he launches into his tired bullshit I just want to put my fist through my new HDTV. Hispanics are not stupid. They are not going to vote for Rubio just because he speaks Spanish. And he has already been caught in a lie regarding the circumstances of how and when his family left Cuba. Fuck em.

by Anonymousreply 1012/06/2012

Rubio is a religious whackado, like Ryan. They are worshipping the dollar in the name of their religion. Sick shits.

by Anonymousreply 1112/06/2012
Need more help? Click Here.