Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Bill Clinton saved Barack Obama's ass. Period.

Funny how he's been forgotten now. But Clinton stepped up and saved the whole damn thing, and anyone who says he didnt is either lying or too ignorant to help.

by Anonymousreply 3512/06/2012

It was quid pro quo.

by Anonymousreply 112/05/2012

A deal is a deal

by Anonymousreply 212/05/2012

I firmly believe Bill went as far out for Obama as he did because he and Obama have a deal that Obama will do the same for Hillary in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 312/05/2012

OP do you have some sort of data to back up your claim?

by Anonymousreply 412/05/2012

I would say Mitt Romney saved Barack Obama's ass.

by Anonymousreply 512/05/2012

How can one possibly say that Obama would not have won but for Clinton? No doubt Clinton's support was a boon to the campaign but to insist that Obama would have lost but for Clinton's assistance is completely speculative and, if anything, seems unlikely given that Obama won the electoral and popular vote handily with people lined up for hours to vote. I doubt people lining up for hours to vote did so because of Bill Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 612/05/2012

R5 nailed it

by Anonymousreply 712/05/2012

Clinton gave Obama a big boost at the convention. But that was starting to ebb by the times the 47% video came out. That video momentum was lost after the first debate.

Ultimately, I think the final election numbers are the same as they would have been without all of those short term boosts. The state numbers didn!'t change radically between Summer and November. All that said, I'm glad we had Bill Clinton on our side and not against us.

by Anonymousreply 812/05/2012

Bill is currently in Rio surrounded by buxom tanga clad 16 year olds.

I hope Hilary doesn't run. Can't we find her something else that's awesome to do?

by Anonymousreply 912/05/2012

Clinton did a better job at explaining Obama's goals and GOP failings than Obama could.

[quote]I firmly believe Bill went as far out for Obama as he did because he and Obama have a deal that Obama will do the same for Hillary in 2016.

If true, Bill made a bad deal as O has the habit of accepting support, saying thank you, and walking away. Bill, on the other hand, supports his supporters to this day,never letting them forget that he remembers and appreciates their help, even decades later.

by Anonymousreply 1012/05/2012

I agree with R5 as well. Just like George W. did in 2008.

by Anonymousreply 1112/05/2012

R6, if I could not have voted by mail & had to line up for hours to vote for Obama, I would have done that -- but it would have been in spite of Bill Clinton, not because of him.

After he squandered his own goodwill & that of the Democratic Party by perjuring himself, he owes it to the country to work as hard as he can to help get good candidates in office. I'm not inclined to shower him with gratitude for doing what he's morally obligated to do.

by Anonymousreply 1212/05/2012

I don't think anyone would say he didn't, at least at the convention. Stop trying to stir shit.

by Anonymousreply 1312/05/2012

I completely agree, OP. Bill is the best.

by Anonymousreply 1412/05/2012

I don't know whether or not Obama would have lost without Bill Clinton's help; however, Bill was enormously beneficial particularly at the Democratic National Convention and throughout the fall campaign season.

Bill gave it his all, and besides, Barack couldn't be campaigning everywhere, so Bill was the best surrogate to draw crowds and incite enthusiasm notably after that first disastrous Obama debate.

Obama needs to keep this in mind and return the favor should Hillary decide to run in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 1512/06/2012

Bill Clinton was one of many factors that helped Obama, OP. Let's not get into a heated debate about who is more important, though.

by Anonymousreply 1612/06/2012

Untrue. No state went for Obama that wouldn't have if Clinton had not intervened.

by Anonymousreply 1712/06/2012

Nobody should effusively praise Clinton for work any sentient being should have done. It is this enormous sense of entitlement that surrounds him that I find offensive. HE was in bed with the Republicans throughout the 1990s and 2000s helping the rich loot this country.

by Anonymousreply 1812/06/2012

"Bill made a bad deal as O has the habit of accepting support, saying thank you, and walking away. Bill, on the other hand, supports his supporters to this day,never letting them forget that he remembers and appreciates their help, even decades later."

Bill also had a history of letting people twist in the wind once they were not useful anymore.

However, he performed well for Obama.

by Anonymousreply 1912/06/2012

Looks like we've got a Bill basher at R18.

by Anonymousreply 2012/06/2012

Gee, the Republicans should have had their last president doing the same for Romney. They would have one the election, too.

by Anonymousreply 2112/06/2012

What do you want Obama to do? Have a parade for him? Geezzzz

by Anonymousreply 2212/06/2012

Was that the same triangulating Bill Clinton who said he loved the gays then gave us Don't Ask and DOMA? The same Bill Clinton who supported NAFTA and the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act?

Bill Clinton is tired, self-serving piece of shit.

So is his wife.

by Anonymousreply 2312/06/2012

This woman will never be President.

by Anonymousreply 2412/06/2012

Based on his physical appearance lately, there's a very good chance that Bill will not still be around in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 2512/06/2012

I don't know how you can say Bill Clinton saved Obama's ass when Obama was ahead of Romney in the Electoral College projections at EVERY POINT during the ENTIRE campaign, both before and after the convention. Romney was never in the lead. Obama's campaign was never in need of "saving." Yes, Clinton was a tremendous asset, but Obama would have won with or without Clinton's help.

by Anonymousreply 2612/06/2012

R22, I agree. Or is President Obama supposed to declare a "Bill Clinton Day"? Morons like OP make me wonder how anything gets done in the country.

by Anonymousreply 2712/06/2012

Because he liked it(the ass that is).

by Anonymousreply 2812/06/2012

R5 is correct...Romney was an idiot and America saw that.

by Anonymousreply 2912/06/2012

How sad that the GOP has absolutely no one who can act to save their presidential ambitions.

by Anonymousreply 3012/06/2012

Bill certainly helped, but Obama won because of the non white vote, remember he lost the white vote 59 to 39. Non whites were going against Romney regardless.

BTW Hillary wont run in 2016 and Bill almost certainly will be dead by then. Hillary may not be around by then as well.

by Anonymousreply 3112/06/2012

OP, I think what you mean to say is Clint Eastwood didn't win it for Romney.

by Anonymousreply 3212/06/2012

R12, you're stupid.

by Anonymousreply 3312/06/2012

"Bill Clinton shaved Barack Obama's ass. Period."

Well, Bill seems like he'd be up for just about anything.

by Anonymousreply 3412/06/2012

r8 is right and the polls showed it.

It still amazes me how many people (mostly Republicans of course) want to attribute Obama's win to this or that single factor, or even worse, how so many reacted with shock at the outcome of the election (they really expected Romney to win??!) when the polls were pretty clear for months -- and the final outcome of this election, more than others, was exactly what the polls forecasted.

by Anonymousreply 3512/06/2012
Need more help? Click Here.