Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

John Travolta and Olivia's new video.

Olivia looks great.

John looks....well, alert, perhaps?

But which one of you bitches wrote this in the comments section?

"i would rather masturbate with sandpaper than watch that again."

by Anonymousreply 5812/08/2012

Hideous.

by Anonymousreply 112/05/2012

John's hair and brows are way too dark.

by Anonymousreply 212/05/2012

They're both on Ellen in a minute.

by Anonymousreply 312/05/2012

That was great, R3. At one point in the interview, he said he reacted to an unpolished smudge in the recording studio like "Joan Crawford". Not the smartest thing to say if you're trying to fend off gay rumors.

by Anonymousreply 412/05/2012

That's not hair. That's a Sharpie marker.

by Anonymousreply 512/05/2012

Is this self published?

by Anonymousreply 612/05/2012

My eyes ! My eyes! Are they using auto-tune? Travolta- what a sad man. But she does look good. You would think they could make a better video. I have seen things on YouTube with more production values. I wonder if he ever tried to get her into Scientology. Those Australians don't seem to take to it.

by Anonymousreply 712/05/2012

Why bother if the song is this awful?

Travolta's wig evokes like that kid's toy where you use a magnet pen to move around the iron filings to create hair or a mustache or beard on the man's face. Ridiculous!

by Anonymousreply 812/05/2012

"Moment By Moment"!

by Anonymousreply 912/05/2012

Travolta's hair is etch-a-sketch

by Anonymousreply 1012/05/2012

I want the last three minutes of my life back.

by Anonymousreply 1112/05/2012

LOL! You guys are mean!

by Anonymousreply 1212/05/2012

THEY BOTH LOOK PLASTIC!!!!!

STUPID FUCKING OP!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1312/05/2012

John looks like he's using this!

by Anonymousreply 1412/05/2012

John looks like Wooly Willy.

by Anonymousreply 1512/05/2012

They both look amazing in this video from '83.

by Anonymousreply 1612/05/2012

Ok..I'm looking at this totally objectively.

John's hair/hairpiece looks bizarre and much too monochromatic but his skin looks in good shape(of course makeup and retouching could be responsible). Compared to say Mel Gibson who is completely unrecognizable from his young and beautiful incarnation, John is facially aging pretty well.

Olivia looks good but I wish she'd give the lip and facial fillers a day off.

The video is DIY/Youtube grade. Strictly amateur.

Jon Farrar is a brilliant writer and producer but this song is utterly forgettable...thank God!

by Anonymousreply 1712/05/2012

That video is like a middle-aged version of Rebecca Black's "Friday". People with too much money and no remaining talent doing a vanity project.

by Anonymousreply 1812/05/2012

Hisssssssss!

by Anonymousreply 1912/05/2012

I agree R2. It gives him Helmet Head.

BTW I DVRed his (and Olivia Newton John's) appearance on Ellen today, and I was strcuk by how hideous (and unrecognizable) ONJ looks - the result I guess of a botched facelift

by Anonymousreply 2012/05/2012

ONJ looks great for her age but her voice sounds terrible.

by Anonymousreply 2112/05/2012

This is much better, r16.

by Anonymousreply 2212/05/2012

R19?

by Anonymousreply 2312/05/2012

They both embarrassed themselves.

by Anonymousreply 2412/05/2012

[quote]You would think they could make a better video. I have seen things on YouTube with more production values.

They made it as cheap as possible because all proceeds go to charity.

[quote]At one point in the interview, he said he reacted to an unpolished smudge in the recording studio like "Joan Crawford". Not the smartest thing to say if you're trying to fend off gay rumors.

Or the fact he finally gets to sing with Barbra Streisand.

by Anonymousreply 2512/05/2012

Not sure, but I think I saw Kelly Preston in the OP video.

It's a cute song. No big whoop, but it's okay.

by Anonymousreply 2612/06/2012

I love ONJ but she resembles the elderly Ginger Rogers in that video.

by Anonymousreply 2712/06/2012

They both look like Muppets now or those french puppets the Guignols. So plastic and bizarre

by Anonymousreply 2812/06/2012

I think it's a great song, love it!

by Anonymousreply 2912/06/2012

I didn't think they could top the cheesiness of the album cover but they did.

by Anonymousreply 3012/06/2012

Best youtube comment:

10/10 Scientologists agree: This song is fantastic!

by Anonymousreply 3112/06/2012

I feel like ONJ walked on set, saw John and was, like, "Oh, that's what you're going to look like for this?"

At that point, she knew all eyes were going to be on JT, so she didn't worry as much about her own, uh, telltale signs.

Also, R23? Hissssss!

by Anonymousreply 3212/06/2012

I couldn't watch it after a minute and that try so hard to be catchy drawn out pronunciation of some word which I'm glad to have forgotten.

will hiss at either of them the next time I see them...

by Anonymousreply 3312/06/2012

That was truly cringe inducing. Travolta looked truly revolting and could never sing. He always had wonderful chemistry with olivia but grease was 34 years ago. She looks great but the song is beyond horrible. They just cant pull off these duets anymore.

by Anonymousreply 3412/06/2012

I didn't realize they were doing this for charity. Makes more sense I guess. However, when all the people are waiting at the airport?, my first thought was why are they waiting at the local jail? Also, are ONJ and JT supposed to be reuniting at a residence? A residence where he's able to land the plane and fly directly up to the house? Also, there's no connection to any of it. We get the idea at the beginning that it's all about these two people reuniting and then it's random people at the jail reuniting. Have to say, though, Kelly Preston looks great. She's aged well.

by Anonymousreply 3512/06/2012

I recall the great Jo Stafford was asked why she didn't sing anymore. She said, "Well my voice just ain't what it was. You know your body and voice deteriorate as you age, and why should I sing and displease my self and my fans. I still sing a private parties and family functions, but the old voice just ain't what it used to be"

It's a shame a classy lady like that ain't more well known.

In case you don't know Jo Stafford was the #1 female singer for the first half of the 1900s.

by Anonymousreply 3612/06/2012

I wonder what ONJ thinks when she reads those comments and sees how many dislikes the video got . . .

by Anonymousreply 3712/06/2012

Yes that's Kelly Preston in it with their young son, and their daughter is the largest one of the three teens shown multiple times in the airport....

by Anonymousreply 3812/06/2012

Well Livvy is 64, after all.

by Anonymousreply 3912/06/2012

Their time would have been better spent washing dishes in a soup kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 4012/06/2012

That was filmed at the Travolta's glamorous Florida Airport Home.

by Anonymousreply 4112/06/2012

I saw ONJ awhile back before the surgery. she looked good, but aging (of course). She would have looked better without the surgery. she's getting waxy.

by Anonymousreply 4212/06/2012

Is this the look Travolta is going for?

He needs to work on a part.

by Anonymousreply 4312/06/2012

Even Charlie Rose and Anderson Cooper were gossiping about it on CBS News this morning!!

!Of course Gayle King loved it, but that is due to the Oprah connection.

by Anonymousreply 4412/06/2012

lol r40!

by Anonymousreply 4512/06/2012

I don't get the ONJ vocal. She sounded good live up to last year. She's great on the Elaine Paige duet album (I know . .Mary!)

Was she trying to match John in vocal quality?

Kept waiting for the John Farrar "hook" to kick in-

still waiting.

by Anonymousreply 4612/06/2012

John Farrar never had a HOOK in his life. Stop trying to be "hip" (to use an elder gay word)

by Anonymousreply 4712/06/2012

John Farrar's songs are brilliant, love him, but like the two stars, he peaked 20 years ago!

by Anonymousreply 4812/06/2012

more like 35 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 4912/06/2012

This is sad because ONJ is a legitimate singer and the whole production is complete crap.

by Anonymousreply 5012/06/2012

I didn't know Chia heads grew in brown/black-colored, I've only seen green.

And it two-steps! Must be an exclusive Animatronic Chia.

by Anonymousreply 5112/06/2012

The concept of the album and video was an old-fashioned Christmas special. In that spirit, the song is festive and fun.

The video had some editing mistakes, and it should have mentioned this was all for charity. I expect if they knew how much attention this would generate, they would have upped the production. John said Olivia only had one day available to participate, so this video can't be compared to a big budget movie.

Hopefully, all involved don't take the youtube criticism too seriously. Anyone can have multiple youtube accounts and a handful of Travolta haters could account for most of the negative comments.

by Anonymousreply 5212/07/2012

Plastic surgery makes people look old! The eyes always tell the age and old eyes are old eyes are old eyes. Her daughter has also had too much done. I hate to say "back in my day" but truly, I am so happy the natural look was prized when I was growing up. I cannot imagine being my age now (63) with lumps of silicon and collagen in my face and on my chest, not to mention ropes of fake hair stapled to my receding hairline. And yet, some of you actually say she looks good for her age. ARE YOU BLIND?!?!?

by Anonymousreply 5312/07/2012

R52, no matter the "concept" of the album, the song is shit and the album is something more than shit. I dare you to make it through "Baby, It's Cold Outside"-sickmaking. And, I get it's all for charity, but what is the point of the video at all? Certainly the 2 of them had more than the $30 it looks like it took to film this disaster and it will not make anyone who isn't a fan run out and buy the album (as evidenced by the comments on youtube).

by Anonymousreply 5412/07/2012

I don't know who Ms. R52 thinks she is fooling.

by Anonymousreply 5512/07/2012

If you think both of them are ugly, wait till all the kids of today grow up and see how those tats, they got look now that they've aged.

by Anonymousreply 5612/08/2012

Very sad. A great example of what needing to be in the spotlight too long will do. Shitty song, shitty production. You can tell ONJ is driving about 5 miles per hour. She survived breast cancer that required heavy treatment, so she looks great. He looks like an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 5712/08/2012

I heard the song before the video was posted. The song was awful and their singing was terrible on this song, so I'm not going to waste time on looking at the video.

by Anonymousreply 5812/08/2012
Need more help? Click Here.