Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anne Hathaway loses again!!!!

This time to someone named Ann Dowd.....oh my....

by www.goop.comreply 612/05/2012

Yep the national board of review awards announced today. Bradley cooper best actor (beating daniel day lewis) but not surprising considering its the nbr. Jessica chastain best actress. Leo dicaprio best supporting actor (a serious contender i believe for the oscar) and ann dowd beating sally and anne for best supporting actress. Zero dark thirty best pic and director kathryn bigelow (a serious contender now for the best pic oscar with lincoln).

by www.goop.comreply 112/05/2012

For Batman? Because she is not losing for Les Miz because it hasn't come out yet.

by www.goop.comreply 212/05/2012

Anne has to win the Oscar, it's an obvious choice!!

by www.goop.comreply 312/05/2012

Zero Dark Thirty again? It looks like it will be a shitty Oscar season.

by www.goop.comreply 412/05/2012

A lot of times they will push actor like Dowd, who was acclaimed, but in a film with no profile, in order to help them get a nomination. Everyone knows Hathaway and Field are sure bets and the Oscar is between them, so why not help an obscure character actress? I'm sure Cooper won for the same reason. DDL is going to win, and Cooper is on the bubble for a nomination. He needed it more than DDL.

I'm more surprised that the rest of their awards were a lot better than usual. Les Mis is usually the type of thing they like to reward, a middlebrow period piece with a lot of British actors. The support for Looper was downright strange by their standards; that's the kind of thing I would expect to win in LA. And they had Perks of Being a Wallflower as one of their ten best films of the year, which is even more bizarre.

by www.goop.comreply 512/05/2012

Perks of being a Wallflower was a wonderful film, r5. Go see it!

by www.goop.comreply 612/05/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!