Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What happens if the Cambridge kid is retarded?

Kate would be unlikely to try again...Harry and Andrew will probably die before William...

Would a mentally incapacitated monarch be preferred to Queen Beatrice? Would Fergie's royal title be restored if her daughter was Queen? What would happen to Kate, The Dowager Queen if her retarded kid was prevented from assuming the throne?

by Anonymousreply 2312/07/2012

[quote]Harry and Andrew will probably die before William...

Excuse me?

by Anonymousreply 112/05/2012

[quote]Would a mentally incapacitated monarch be preferred to Queen Beatrice?

I don't see what the problem with a mentally retarded monarch would be. After all, we had George W. Bush for eight years, and everything turned out just fine.

by Anonymousreply 212/05/2012

No one will notice.

by Anonymousreply 312/05/2012

You think this would be the first mentally-challenged person to sit on the throne of England? In this century?

All those years of inbreeding have already taken their toll.

by Anonymousreply 412/05/2012

OP i think you mean the Windsor Kid / Duke and Duchess of Cambridge kid..

either way, it may well be retarded. it is belived that edward's kid is tarded which is why they don't trott it out often.

let's face it, william has the same windsor gene's as edward and kate (and the rest of the middleton spawn) is good for nothing... there's a good chance the child will need carrying for the rest of its life.

that said, it will be born into the right family for that to carry it through life, can't see it ever getting a day job, especially if it is born a girl.

Unless it was born with obvious retardation i.e. downs or something I doubt if the royal family would ever admit its retarded, they would just have it as a puppet and get people to tell it what to do..

by Anonymousreply 512/05/2012

R1: the Line of Succession goes...

(William's kids that Kate is able to carry to full term)

THEN Edward, Countess of Wessex

by Anonymousreply 612/05/2012

R5, even a retarded child would probably spell & punctuate & use the English language better than you do.

by Anonymousreply 712/05/2012

They can do genetic testing in utero and announce that she has 'miscarried'

by Anonymousreply 812/05/2012

It would be announced that the baby died at birth and it would be spirited off to a private institution to live out its days in seclusion under a false name.

by Anonymousreply 912/05/2012

A 21st century version of "The Lost Prince."

by Anonymousreply 1012/05/2012

Two words: reality show.

by Anonymousreply 1112/05/2012

If the kid is developmentally disable he or she will be like the grandfather Charles. The R word is a no no these days.

by Anonymousreply 1212/05/2012

You people are fucking morbid and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 1312/05/2012

R1, if William and Harry died without an heir, and Andrew died, and Charles had died, then Andrew's children oldest child be next in line. Edward would succeed only if both of Andrew's daughters died.

Fergie would get whatever Queen Bix set up in Letters of Patent. And she likely would have the government screeching to keep it modest.

Of course the OP's assumptions are silly.

An heir incapable of ruling (in the case of genetic issues affecting learning, speech and cognition, for example) would be passed over. Something official would be done in advance to reset the succession.

(Anne's children would not be affected by recent changes in monarchical succession, allowing females their place by age precedence.)

by Anonymousreply 1412/05/2012

R8 already nailed it. These days you can, although it's not commonplace, run a full genome test on fetus DNA to see if it has any definite or possible genetic disorders. If it's a big one like autism or Down's ... well, see, Mommie, you do need wire hangers sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 1512/05/2012

I would love a Queen Beatrice. And having Fergie get her nasty little toes back in the royal circle would be so sweet.

by Anonymousreply 1612/05/2012

I believe the Queen Mother had some relatives that were kept in seclusion at Glamis Castle. They were mentally challenged. There was a history of such relatives living in a small isolated room at the castle that led to the legend of the "monster of Glamis"

by Anonymousreply 1712/05/2012

Kept in seclusion.

by Anonymousreply 1812/05/2012

Plus, with a Queen Beatrice there'd likely be an American as Prince Consort.

by Anonymousreply 1912/05/2012

Locked up in the Tower of London.

by Anonymousreply 2012/05/2012

Is Beatrice the cute one?

by Anonymousreply 2112/05/2012

They'd just say it looks like its grandfather.

by Anonymousreply 2212/05/2012

They stick an ice pick in her eye socket and wiggle it around. It shut Rosemary Kennedy up for 60 years.

by Anonymousreply 2312/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!