Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Oh look! Penn State gets more bad publicity.

Sororowhores of Chi Omega Nu pose as Mexicans.

[quote]The photo shows the girls of Chi Omega Nu dressed in ponchos and sombreros for what they called a “Mexican fiesta” themed party around Halloween, complete with mustaches and hand-lettered signs which read, “Will mow lawn for weed and beer” and “I don’t cut grass, I smoke it”.

by Anonymousreply 4912/09/2012

Very offensive to me. I hope Penn State suspends this sorority. The requisite apology after doing things like this are also offense as you know they are not sincere.

by Anonymousreply 112/05/2012

That photo would even make a KKK member cringe.

by Anonymousreply 212/05/2012

The only problem is with the signs. Those are offensive.

But costumes? Didn't you guys ever do a "theme" party?

by Anonymousreply 412/05/2012

Drop them in Tamaulipas and let the Zetas do their magic. (Link NSFW)

by Anonymousreply 512/05/2012

R3 = an old man who longs for the days when he could be openly racist.

by Anonymousreply 612/05/2012

Penn State...Joe Paterno...Jerry Sandusky...pedophile...bad...ALL PEOPLE WHO GO TO PENN STATE ARE PEDOPHILES--ALL FOOTBALL PLAYERS ARE PEDOPHILES....WHAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 712/05/2012

Trash.

by Anonymousreply 812/05/2012

The only people I have known from Penn State are fundie types. Which, ironically is anything but Penn State. Hypocritical assholes.

by Anonymousreply 912/05/2012

the comments at Yahoo are completely in support of the ignorant entitled sorority cunts.

by Anonymousreply 1012/05/2012

[quote]The picture in question does not support any of Chi Omega’s values

Yet somehow the entire sorority ended up in it.

HMMMMMMMM.

by Anonymousreply 1112/05/2012

Why do women DO shit like this?

Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 1212/05/2012

The headline should have been "Breaking News: Sorority Girls Are Bitches"

by Anonymousreply 1312/06/2012

Then Bunny Bixler stepped on the ping-pong ball!

I mean, it was just ghastly!

by Anonymousreply 1412/06/2012

R4, there's a difference between throwing a "theme party" and throwing an event specifically designed to denigrate a large group of minorities. This party was nearly as bad as them hosting one in blackface.

by Anonymousreply 1512/06/2012

Dumb Cunts, but no surprise, they're at Penn State

by Anonymousreply 1612/06/2012

Penn State: "We'll NEVER stop getting bad press!"

by Anonymousreply 1712/06/2012

Their sorority girls for god's sake, in US America. They're just showing their concern for the Mexico and South Africa and such. They don't have maps. Their education as such is going to help the Iraq and the Asian countries.

by Anonymousreply 1812/06/2012

Penn State is a Jesus University. Enough said.

Theology students have serious discussions about weather women can be Bishops and get Doctorates for this. How messed up is that?

by Anonymousreply 1912/06/2012

Chi Omega Nu's were by far the most vapid sorority when I was in college, and that was a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 2012/06/2012

Queerty's story on this:

Did Penn State Kids Create “It Gets Better” Video To Deflect Racist Accusations?

Penn State got another black eye this week when an offensive photo of sorority girls dressed like stereotypical Mexicans surfaced on the Internet.

Smiling like they just got asked to homecoming, the girls of Chi Omega are seen wearing fake mustaches and serapes, and carrying signs with slogans like “I don’t cut grass, I smoke it.” Classy stuff, no?

The photo was taken during Halloween but went viral on Monday, when it was posted on the campus news site, Onward State. With the Sandusky trial still fresh on people’s minds, the last thing the school needed was another scandal.

Then suddenly, on Tuesday, an It Gets Better video from various members of Penn State’s Panhellenic community surfaced on YouTube. It was posted by openly gay Delta Lambda Phi member Nick Doyle, who is on PSU’s Greek council.

Doyle writers: This is the Penn State Greek Life It Gets Better video. I want this video to reach out to all struggling individuals and let them know that no matter what they are going through, that it gets better.

The It Gets Better project was started by Dan Savage in response to LGBTQ youth committing suicide. This video is geared towards LGBT and all individuals that are dealing with a difficult time, we as a community wanted to show that no matter who you are, we support you and that you have a wonderful life ahead of you… We as a community want to let all of you know, all of you that are struggling, all of you that need a friend, we are here for you. You are an amazing person and have a wonderful life ahead of you. Please always know that it gets better.

It’s a nice sentiment but the timing is suspicious: Could these kids have cobbled together an IGB video in less than a day, as a kind of PR fixit job for the embattled school and its Greek system? If it was, that’s pretty jaded shit for fresh-faced college kids. Maybe some of them are poli-sci majors.

It does seem like an intentional effort at whitewashing the Chi Omega incident: A piece in Onward State, which applauded the clip, states, “In the wake of scandal regarding one chapter, it’s appropriate to remember that one chapter’s actions do not dictate the entire Greek community.”

Is the reputation of the Greek community really what’s important here?

As the Queerty reader who sent us the homemade PSA—which he calls “possibly the most generically awkward ‘It Gets Better’ video ever”—points out, words like “gay,” lesbian,” “LGBT,” and “suicide” are never uttered. For all the smirks and rah-rah attitude, you’d think they were talking about the winter formal.

Our reader also claims the video description was altered after questions were raised about the clip. (We’ve attempted to get more information but the comment section has been disabled.)

We’re not going to nail Doyle or the other participants in the video to the cross: They’re just kids, and we’re sure some of them are gay or have gay people they love. (And Penn State did receive five out of five stars from Campus Pride.) But the point of an It Gets Better video is to help kids in need, not cover your ass or salvage your reputation.

by Anonymousreply 2112/06/2012

unclutch, OP

by Anonymousreply 2212/06/2012

[quote]Penn State is a Jesus University. Enough said.

Bitch, please. It's a PUBLIC university, not a home for Jesus freaks.

by Anonymousreply 2312/06/2012

[quote]Theology students have serious discussions about weather women

It's weather GIRLS, R19.

by Anonymousreply 2412/06/2012

Excuse me, r22? Oh let me guess, you're one of those PSU apologists. Well, I went to PSU and I don't accept stupid behavior compounded upon stupid behavior. Don't tell me to unclutch, missy. Go sit on a snow cone.

by Anonymousreply 2512/06/2012

I went to Penn State and it was most definitely NOT a fundie or Jesus school. Not in the least. There are over 40,000 students there each year (main campus) and of course there are all types but you can't categorize the whole school as racist, or fundie, or sympathizers.

by Anonymousreply 2612/06/2012

The costumes mostly make them look ignorant. They made the signs so everyone knows they enjoy making racist slurs.

by Anonymousreply 2712/06/2012

it's a football school. Everything is centered on that fucking team.

by Anonymousreply 2812/06/2012

Giva Guysome Head was the bad girl sorority at my school.

by Anonymousreply 3012/06/2012

[quote] weather women can be Bishops

I'll tell Janice Huff!

by Anonymousreply 3112/06/2012

I don't mind when people dress as leprechauns on St Patrick's Day and drink until they drop. That's pretty stereotypically Irish.

by Anonymousreply 3212/06/2012

"I don't cut grass, I smoke it" was okay.

It's the sign in the photo that crosses the line.

by Anonymousreply 3312/06/2012

I believe those people are called the Irish R32. These are white girls pretending to be Mexicans. I wonder which one was playing the anchor baby?

by Anonymousreply 3412/06/2012

[quote]Doesn't anyone have a sense of humor anymore? I'm so sick of this having to be politically correct bullshit.

Translation: I'm white and wish to be a racist fuck without any kind of consequences, as in the 'good old days'. Because denigrating and insulting brown people is FUN!

Fuck you, pendejo.

by Anonymousreply 3512/07/2012

Sorority girls being Bitches?!?!?!Next you'll be telling me Frat guys are prone to being assholes!!!

by Anonymousreply 3612/07/2012

I guess you could say that Penn State has gone completely viral now.

A janitor was seen dumping recycling cans in the regular dumpster just after midnight on Monday. There will be an investigation.

by Anonymousreply 3812/07/2012

r39 where do you live? State of Delusion?

ask those companies that took jobs overseas, or ask those businesses that are only willing to pay as little as they can while looking the other way when it comes to hiring undocumented or 'guest workers'. ask all the union busting companies that pit workers against each other in order to keep them from organizing.

I'm employed in one of the mexican/illegal fields of work and sometimes it can be miserable, and other times maddening, like the old codger jogger who felt he had to share "you don't look like the typical worker."

by Anonymousreply 4012/07/2012

It just confirms the saying that outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is Kentucky.

by Anonymousreply 4212/07/2012

Nothing makes you forget a scandal faster than putting a new one on top of it.

by Anonymousreply 4312/07/2012

I don't have a problem with the girls dressing up. I mean, none of these women are Prince Harry, after all.

But Penn State IS a racist environment, and they have a difficult time getting black students to go there.

Just goes to show you, racism is not limited to the South. But then, after the last election, you should already know that.

by Anonymousreply 4412/07/2012

[quote]Go sit on a snow cone.

I think I will!

by Anonymousreply 4512/07/2012

R37's anus just prolapsed.

by Anonymousreply 4612/07/2012

Close it down, then get out a big hose and spray the place.

by Anonymousreply 4712/07/2012

Formal Fail:

A Kappa Delta at Vanderbilt and her date cavort in a photo booth that uploads directly to Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 4812/09/2012

I love how she's still holding onto her purse, R48

by Anonymousreply 4912/09/2012
Need more help? Click Here.