Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Robbie Douglas (Don Grady) was gay?

I didn't know that.

by Anonymousreply 3909/26/2013

Says some blogger?

by Anonymousreply 112/05/2012

[quote]Don Grady died on June 28, 2012, just a few days after my the publication of my book, The Boy Who Loved Robbie Douglas.

Now we know what killed him.

by Anonymousreply 212/05/2012

Was he gay? That's not quite what that blog says.

by Anonymousreply 312/05/2012

He got married (to a woman) in 1985 and they remained married until his death.

by Anonymousreply 412/05/2012

Dreamy . . .

by Anonymousreply 512/05/2012

I said he was a gay ally. That's a heterosexual who supports gay rights.

by Anonymousreply 712/05/2012

I always wondered about his sister Lani from Eight Is Enough. Was she a lesbian and maybe he was marching in support of her?

by Anonymousreply 812/05/2012

[quote]I always wondered about his sister Lani

I've never seen any real proof that she could be straight.

by Anonymousreply 912/05/2012

Need I even point out his dreamy eyes, big dick face, and cock-sucking lips?

by Anonymousreply 1012/05/2012

The only gay thing I read in that blog was that the character Grady portrayed had several story lines the blogger found or adapted in his own head while on My Three Sons, to be gay.

I didn't find anything creditable that indicated Grady was gay. Granted, Grady was 41 when he married for the first time and that means his most active sex-years were spent as a single man. Surely, Grady could've lived as gay male and jumped in the closet with the exploding AIDS epidemic, developed some sort of relationship with the gal he married. Having two kids, at the very least would indicate Grady to be fairly deep and responsible person.

by Anonymousreply 1112/06/2012

I knew Don in the 70's through a woman he was living with. He was straight. He also lived with Tina Cole for a while.

by Anonymousreply 1212/06/2012

I know an actress who slept with him when they were dong summer stock in the late 1970's/early 80's. The next season, she slept with Barry Williams (Greg Brady). Yep, she was working her way though the ex-teen idols.

by Anonymousreply 1312/06/2012

The blogger is saying that the CHARACTER ROBBIE DOUGLAS was gay. He doesn't even imply that the ACTOR DON GRADY was gay. It's fiction people.

by Anonymousreply 1412/06/2012

Grady knew he was adorable and had compassion for those of us gay guys who wanted him physically. I doubt he ever dabbled in penis and ass crack.

by Anonymousreply 1512/06/2012

R6, do you fancy yourself e.e. cummings, you snippy frautweedletwat?

Or are you just so pathetically home-schooled that you can't afford punctuation?

by Anonymousreply 1612/06/2012

No, sorry, Don Grady (Robbie Douglas) was NOT gay ! His real name was Don Agrati and he was Italian-American and oh so handsome ! Everyone old enough to remember the hit TV show "My Three Sons" from the 1960's, will remember him as the eldest son and super-sexy heartthrob with steel blue eyes and hot ass ! OH YES...However, gays want to claim him as one of us, when in reality, he was not gay. There is no evidence of it. The show premiered in 1960, in those days the thought of even a "clandestine" homosexual character was unthinkable ! He was just cute, kind and sensible with a masculine sexuality that girls; (and some guys) found irresistible. He died young, at only 68 in 2012. Let him rest in peace now as an American TV personality icon from a by-gone era.

by Anonymousreply 1708/26/2013

The blogger probably confused him with Tommy Kirk, who is gay.

by Anonymousreply 1808/26/2013

[quote]Everyone old enough to remember the hit TV show "My Three Sons" from the 1960's, will remember him as the eldest son.

Everyone old enough to remember the hit TV show "My Three Sons" from the 1960's, will remember Tim Considine as the eldest son.

by Anonymousreply 1908/26/2013

Ah, [r17] so you knew him?

by Anonymousreply 2008/26/2013

My 9yr old daughter and I watch this show every day since it's been on MeTV.

Robbie is nice to look at but his personality is a little insipid. I will watch his male interactions more closely now.

And I did notice the Douglas family somewhat mirrors my family - two dads, an adopted child...

by Anonymousreply 2108/26/2013

The Great Debate:

Who was hotter? Don Grady or Tony Dow?

by Anonymousreply 2208/26/2013

R22, shouldn't that question belong on the man sandwich thread???

by Anonymousreply 2308/26/2013

Intrigued by this thread (and by the linked blog) I requested The Boy who Loved Robbie Douglas from my library. They didn't have it, nor was it in the Nassau County library system, so they bought it for me! And for other patrons who may be interested.

I just finished reading it, and I enjoyed this memoir and identified with some of the things the author experienced. I recommend it as a light read with some laughs and a lot of heart.

So now you can request it at your local library, and I'm sure it can be delivered to you in the five boroughs and surrounding suburbs.

by Anonymousreply 2409/18/2013

R22 Don Grady was hotter. No contest.

by Anonymousreply 2509/18/2013

Wow! I didn't know Don Grady had died. I liked to see him on My 3 Sons. I've been watching lately on MeTv and had no idea he had passed.

by Anonymousreply 2609/20/2013

[quote] Everyone old enough to remember the hit TV show "My Three Sons" from the 1960's, will remember him as the eldest son and super-sexy heartthrob with steel blue eyes and hot ass !

Robbie Douglas was not the eldest son.

by Anonymousreply 2709/20/2013

[all posts by flame bait troll #11 removed (violent racist homophobic right-wing misogynist), ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 2809/20/2013

R27, a whole generation of us grew up watching only the color episodes of MY THREE SONS. When Ernie was an orphan who was in the process of being adopted by Steve, we were at the beginning of the series as we knew it. To us Robbie was always the oldest son. We never saw the black & white ones until cable networks began airing them in the 80s.

Don Grady was so manly-pretty, he had to have coped with a lot of attention from guys, wanted or unwanted.

by Anonymousreply 2909/20/2013

beautifully Italian

by Anonymousreply 3009/25/2013

[r17] you're not getting it

by Anonymousreply 3109/25/2013

I always found him insipid. In fact, the way ALL those boys delivered their lines made them appear "special." Uncle Charlie was an old, angry asshole and the dad just phoned it in as some wise, old befuddled guy who walked through a scene occasionally.

Add in the most horrific child actor EVER, Dawn Lyn, and you had a show that was grating on the nerves, like Lucy was in the 60's. Never understood why it was so popular. America sure had some strange tastes back then.

The ONLY thing I liked was the theme song.

by Anonymousreply 3209/25/2013

Loved him what a handsome guy.

by Anonymousreply 3409/25/2013

Interesting site. And he does get Robert Conrad's bisexuality right...

by Anonymousreply 3509/25/2013

R33, no one is arguing that an older son played by Tim Considine didn't exist. The point was simply that in the 70s the episodes with him and Bill Frawley were not part of the show's syndication package. After Mike and Bub were written out they were never referred to again.

So from the perspective of the post-Baby Boom generation, Robbie Douglas was the oldest boy, Chip the middle, and Ernie the youngest. Remember: they called it My THREE Sons, not My Four Sons.

by Anonymousreply 3609/25/2013

I didn't realize he died last year. Now I'm so sad, even though I rarely watched My Three Sons.

by Anonymousreply 3709/25/2013

r37, if it's any comfort, Robbie Douglas is now in TV Land heaven with Steve, his real mom, Barbara, Bub, Uncle Charlie and the triplets who drowned in the family swimming pool while still toddlers.

by Anonymousreply 3809/26/2013

I don't know what R36 is going on about but I clearly remember the black and white episodes with Mike and Bub in the syndication rotation in the late 60's/early 70's. The three sons didn't include Ernie until he was adopted after Mike left.

by Anonymousreply 3909/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!