Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I really want Anne to win the Academy Award

I mean, she was in the best gay movie of all time, and she has a gay brother, and she is in a musical.

Is it too much to ask?

by Anonymousreply 2712/05/2012

Bur Streep troll, your idol herself loves her and may even be rooting for her.

by Anonymousreply 212/05/2012

We know you do, OP. You keep obsessing about it.

by Anonymousreply 312/05/2012

OP = Anne Hathaway

by Anonymousreply 512/05/2012

she will not win.

by Anonymousreply 612/05/2012

OP -- are you referring to "The Devil Wears Prada"?

by Anonymousreply 712/05/2012

R7 - of course!

by Anonymousreply 812/05/2012

A while ago I posted a story about how Hathaway refused to do publicity for PASSENGERS, because she (or her management team) decided it would ruin her RACHEL GETTING MARRIED Oscar chances. The studio had no choice but to bury the film and take a loss. Granted, the film was not good, but when the leading actor refuses to fully promote a film, the work of everyone else involved is nulled too. A lot of people were upset with her.

I was called a hater for posting this.

Her behavior may be a norm in Hollywood, but she is far from a sweetheart. I think it's a bit clearer now that Hathaway is just another ambitious fame whore.

by Anonymousreply 912/05/2012

Hate her. Over Rated.

by Anonymousreply 1012/05/2012

She ratted out her boyfriend to save her own ass, though she was living the high life right with him. Her entitled ass can go away.

My sister has a gay brother; she is still a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 1112/05/2012

Who's that posting at OP? Is that the one-eyebrow'd Deanna Durbin?

"I mean, she was in the best gay movie of all time,"

Anne Hathaway was in 'The Wizard of Oz'? I'm sorry--that was ANNE HATHAWAY who played the ultimate FAGHAG to three Eldergay Queens? I'm sorry! I didn't REALUZE that was ANNE HATHAWAY. I always thought it was someone named um, Frances Gumm, or--what was her bame again? JUDY GARLAND?

"and she has a gay brother"

Gay brother? Oh, the ordeal she has lived through! You know what they would ahve called that in my house? A free, live-in fashion consultant! You want a BOND? Try a gay FATHER! OH! And a gay HUSBAND! No--try TWO gay husbands! Oh, wait! Let's make it THREE GAY HUSBANDS! No, no, no--WAIT! THREE GAY HUSBANDS AND AT LEAST TWO GAY SON-IN-LAWS and a gay son! Let's try that! Where does little Miss Doe Eyes rank now? Huh?

"and she is in a musical."

Oh! Well. A musical. A MUSICAL. I--I understand now. After all, she IS singing. On film. In a movie. That IS pretty hard. If only I had thought of that in "The Harvey Girls". Or "Easter parade". Or "Meet Me in St. Louis". Or. . .Oh, I don't know. . ."A STAR IS BORN" Or "The Wizard of Oz."

Is it too much to ask?

Apparently so.

by Anonymousreply 1212/05/2012

Take another pill, Judy.

by Anonymousreply 1312/05/2012

Whenever I've seen Anne Hathaway in anything, I've been left wondering why she has a career. I've never seen a spark of wit or vitality from her that makes me see what she sees in herself.

by Anonymousreply 1412/05/2012

Miss Garland, you do know that at one time Anne Hathaway was going to play you on screen, right?

by Anonymousreply 1512/05/2012

She's a far better actress than Natalie Portman, Scarlett, Kate Hudson and the festering boil known as Jennifer Aniston.

by Anonymousreply 1612/05/2012

I don't understand these comparisons since none of these actresses were competing against her.

It's especially odd that you would mention Kate Hudson and Jennifer Aniston, both of whom have created a niche for themselves in romcoms. I doubt Hathaway wants a romcom career.

Natalie Portman can be a better actress than Hathaway at times, although I agree about Johansson.

I don't think you've chosen the best actresses around against whom you're comparing Hathaway.

At the end of the day, perhaps you're right and it's best to compare her with other mediocre talents.

by Anonymousreply 1712/05/2012

"Miss Garland, you do know that at one time Anne Hathaway was going to play you on screen, right?"

Over my dead body! Oh, uh. . .well. . .

by Anonymousreply 1812/05/2012

Yes it's too much to ask when the best performance was given by Sally Field.

by Anonymousreply 1912/05/2012

by Anonymousreply 2012/05/2012

That is not true, r19! Anne had to sing and act.

by Anonymousreply 2112/05/2012

Shitty Little Anne

by Anonymousreply 2212/05/2012

R21 - and she had to cut her hair! On screen! She ended up looking like her gay brother!

by Anonymousreply 2312/05/2012

Finally. My religious work with Scientology is being recognized in my work.

by Anonymousreply 2412/05/2012

You have NO idea what Anne had to go through to cut her was cut LIVE on camera! Anne was also singing LIVE, which was one take only.

That had to be a harrowing experience for Anne.

by Anonymousreply 2512/05/2012

R24 = major fart box

by Anonymousreply 2612/05/2012

Portman is a better screen actor than Anne, who I swear always seems ready to belt it to the back rows.

by Anonymousreply 2712/05/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!