Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hey, it's a new faces of meth ad campaign.

I almost puked.

by Anonymousreply 8212/10/2012

The one who looks most like a burn victim is a burn victim. A meth lab exploded in her face. So sad.

by Anonymousreply 112/05/2012

So she got busted again after her lab exploded? harrowing.

Why do they get the scabby skin? The guy second from the bottom on the right has it bad, plus what look like some kind of boils.

by Anonymousreply 212/05/2012

R2 The answer you seek is on the link provided.

by Anonymousreply 312/05/2012

Shit... some of those people barely look human.

by Anonymousreply 412/05/2012

Like I always says to my step daughter's fiance when he drops the kids off headin out to pick her up at work -

QUIT

TCHER

PICKIN.

by Anonymousreply 512/05/2012

Some look better after a year or so of use.

by Anonymousreply 612/05/2012

The one in the orange prison jumper who looks like a zombie, IS a zombie.

No, she's just another pathetic tweaker. But she could definitely get a job on The Walking Dead as an extra, no makeup or prosthetics required.

by Anonymousreply 712/05/2012

Awful. What's even more heartbreaking is the expression of complete misery, loss and desperation deep in their eyes. They cannot be happy.

by Anonymousreply 812/05/2012

I think this is much more horrifying!!

by Anonymousreply 912/05/2012

These are terrible. Just terrible.

by Anonymousreply 1012/05/2012

No one to blame BUT THEMSELVES.

by Anonymousreply 1112/05/2012

This not only ruins my desire to take drugs but also my appetite.

by Anonymousreply 1212/05/2012

This makes me feel a lot better about myself.

by Anonymousreply 1312/05/2012

that woman in her 50s looks dead.

by Anonymousreply 1412/05/2012

Oh god, this is like being at work. As fucked up as these people look, it's probably nothing compared to their lives.

by Anonymousreply 1512/05/2012

Why do people choose meth, it it's going to turn you into the Walking Dead?

Did you know that taking meth is like consuming Clorox bleach? It's a very slow poison that destroys your body.

It's very sad and pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 1612/05/2012

Has it been determined that meth causes hair growth?

Cause it sure looks like it does

by Anonymousreply 1712/05/2012

why do they still manage to pluck their eyebrows?

by Anonymousreply 1812/05/2012

Those pictures give me the urge to take more care of my teeth and skin.

by Anonymousreply 1912/05/2012

R18, you run out of stuff to clean so you give yourself bad dye jobs, haircuts and brow pluckings. I had a meth head friend and I could track her use by how many eyebrow hairs she had left and how short her hair was. She did great for awhile and got clean but then fell hard off the wagon again and now looks just as bad. She also got AIDS either from her shitty jailbird boyfriend or trading sex for drugs. It's so sad b/c she will never be the same. She used to be such fun and now she can barely form a sentence.

by Anonymousreply 2012/05/2012

She never looked as bad as these unfortunate souls, I should add. I think a lot of these people are homeless and look like they've had their faces beat in more than a few times.

by Anonymousreply 2112/05/2012

I hear about meth use among gay men, but have never met such a person.

by Anonymousreply 2212/05/2012

R14, that's what I thought. She seems to be lying down, with a prison scrub placed on top of regular clothing. WTF?

The worst part of these pictures is seeing how the life just drains out of their eyes over such a brief time.

by Anonymousreply 2412/05/2012

They all deserve it! Fuck them! Throw all of them in a grease fire!

by Anonymousreply 2512/05/2012

If you trolldar R25, you start to feel really sorry for him.

FUCK HIM! I WAS KIDDING!!! I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT HIM! THROW THAT FILTHY CUNT IN A GREASE FIRE

by Anonymousreply 2612/05/2012

Well they do usually get their money for the meth by robbing people. I doubt you'd be quite as sympathetic if one of them mugged you.

by Anonymousreply 2712/06/2012

"I CAN SHOVE A WHOLE MIDGET UP MY ASSHOLE"

by Anonymousreply 2812/06/2012

If drugs were legal meth as we know it wouldn't exist. If meth were legal it would be a decent price and these zombies could themselves in private without robbing, burglarizing or stealing from the rest of us. They'd be as harmless as some stewbums sleeping in the park.

by Anonymousreply 2912/06/2012

They're never going to legalize all drugs, especially one as dangerous as meth. Whatever the case, it's illegal now and anyone who pulls a gun or knife on me, or is a threat to do so, loses my sympathy real quick.

by Anonymousreply 3012/06/2012

Does it make your hair curl? About half way down on the left, there's a guy at 19 with short, straight hair. At 29, he's got curly hair. Or is he wearing a Harpo Marx wig?

by Anonymousreply 3112/06/2012

GOOD LORD

by Anonymousreply 3212/06/2012

[quote]Well they do usually get their money for the meth by robbing people.

I did meth for ten years—quite a bit in fact—and I never robbed anybody. Meth is actually quite cheap. $20 will buy you enough to keep you high for days.

by Anonymousreply 3312/06/2012

Doesn't matter how cheap it is if you can't hold a job and obtain money legally. And don't tell me the people pictured are capable of holding jobs. Meth users steal because they're a depraved addicts willing to do anything for a fix, not because meth is priced too high.

by Anonymousreply 3412/06/2012

Don't people also suffer from permanent brain damage from meth? I mean it's like these shows about zombies are really based on methheads. The reality is some scarey shit.

by Anonymousreply 3512/06/2012

r22

You've never been to any gay bar anywhere or else you're blind. It's rampant

by Anonymousreply 3612/06/2012

I think they look fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 3712/06/2012

Thanks for the warning, OP. I'm not going to look. I guess I'm a big prude (really just a big scaredy cat...). Knowing how people can lose such control of their lives because of their drug use .... I'll pass. It really can take over your entire life and ruin it. I'm glad some people manage to shake the devil off and am sad for those that don't.

by Anonymousreply 3812/06/2012

by Anonymousreply 3912/06/2012

Nick Reding's book "Methland" is a very interesting look at why people do this stuff, and it's not always just to get high. He mentions people working long hours at manual jobs who use it to stay alert and keep up their energy levels.

by Anonymousreply 4012/06/2012

R30, are you young, or just stupid?

I remember when you could go to the doctor and get legal amphetamines for "diet pills." My buddies did it all the time. "Black beauties," anyone? Not to mention all the ADHD drug of today, which are just like the "speed" of my old drug days.

And before that, of course, amphetamines were given to US pilots in WWII so they could stay awake to fly their missions.

by Anonymousreply 4112/06/2012

Did someone say diet pills?

by Anonymousreply 4212/06/2012

Judy Pills, your NAME is the problem.

Ha ha! I'll say!!

by Anonymousreply 4312/06/2012

Those photos are scary, but not any scarier than this.

by Anonymousreply 4412/06/2012

People get high for lots of different reasons, and it doesn't matter whether you like it or not, they're going to find a way to do it. If we invested one tenth of the money we now spend in churning junkies and dealers through the criminal justice system into doing actual scientific research into how addiction works, we might have come up with some effective treatments for it by now. Our current "cure" rate for addictions of all kinds is about 5%, so basically we're punishing all these people for something that's beyond their control.

And yes, they could have not become addicted in the first place...but nobody who starts using believes it's really going to happen to them. By the time they realize they can't stop, it's too late.

by Anonymousreply 4512/06/2012

Some of those people didn't start (or get caught) until their 40's. WTF makes someone start taking drugs like that in your 40's?

Scary shit, man.

by Anonymousreply 4612/06/2012

Let's just face it: We are all weak and we all have problems, but some of us try to avoid facing their own demons (= issues and problems) by abusing drugs, alcohol, food, themselves (like, cutting), their spouses, minorities, people who are in the same boat (like, being gay), etc.

Don't push your inner demons away. Confront them, deal with them, close the chapter, move on. No need for mind numbing drugs.

Yeah, I know: Easier said than done.

by Anonymousreply 4712/06/2012

LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUV MISS PILLS!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 4812/06/2012

The 53-year-old could pass for one of Jack the Ripper's victims.

by Anonymousreply 4912/06/2012

the 53 year old looks like a vampire about to get a stake through her rotten heart.

by Anonymousreply 5012/06/2012

Mickael K is commenting here yet....

by Anonymousreply 5112/06/2012

Are their any support groups for drugs that have been abused?

by Anonymousreply 5212/06/2012

R40, I read "Methland" too - it's an interesting read. Everyone thinks about drugs and the inner cities, but they forget that poverty and despair are just as common in the heartland of America. I grew up in rural Ohio and there's that same kind of hopelessness that leads people to choose the only form of comfort they can afford.

by Anonymousreply 5312/06/2012

[quote] WTF makes someone start taking drugs like that in your 40's?

Loss of job, loss of home, loss of spouse/partner, loss of identity.

My father was not a smart man. He was not ambitious. When he got out of the army, he got a government job where he pretty much sat around all day. He didn't get paid a lot and my mother had to go to work to supplement the household, but my parents thought they were middle class. They were actually working class. But they could afford a mortgage, a car, TV, phone, gifts for us kids at Christmas, dental care, medical care.

My mother got a state job at a psych hospital when I was a teen. Neither of my parents went to college. They both had union jobs with great benefits and pensions. Neither of their jobs exist today. The state psychiatric system doesn't exist today.

Many of these people are like my parents, only there are no secure union jobs with the government anymore. Many of these people would have been placed in mental institutions years ago because they are disturbed. But we don't have state psychiatric hospital anymore, so they are on the streets. They self-medicate.

These people are America.

by Anonymousreply 5412/06/2012

Only a complete and utter moron would go anywhere near meth.

by Anonymousreply 5512/06/2012

They're thin. They win.

by Anonymousreply 5612/06/2012

R58 is a cunt who should be tied to a chair and have a meth lab purposefully blown up in her face.

by Anonymousreply 5812/07/2012

Season after season, these campaigns never fail.

by Anonymousreply 5912/07/2012

R55 completely nailed it.

It's time to stop blaming the user - or even the drug - and spend a LOT more time examining the society that truly has no problem allowing these shitty life paths to exist in such abundance.

by Anonymousreply 6012/07/2012

You couldn't pay me to touch that shit.

by Anonymousreply 6112/07/2012

Thanks, r55. That is fucking sad (and scary).

Meth is certainly not the sort of self-medication I'd choose - even if it does make you thin.

by Anonymousreply 6212/07/2012

[quote]Only a complete and utter moron would go anywhere near meth.

[quote]You couldn't pay me to touch that shit.

Years ago, when I was in my twenties, I remember sitting around a table with my meth friends one time. Back then we called it "crank". Anyway, we had all just done a blast and were smoking cigarettes and talking a mile-a-minute. A woman who had recently joined our little drug group said, "I love this drug, but you know what drug I never want to try? Methamphetamine. My brother used to do that stuff and he went crazy!"

We all looked at each other and started laughing. "Honey, that's what you're doing right now," we told her. She had no clue that crank and methamphetamine were the same thing. All she knew was that she liked the way she felt when she took it.

by Anonymousreply 6312/07/2012

So, R55, people start using meth because the world changes and they can't adapt?

by Anonymousreply 6412/07/2012

On Intervention, one cook/addict was using roach spray as an ingredient.

by Anonymousreply 6512/07/2012

Jesus Christ that is fucking brutal, but that ad is ART. Painful as hell.

by Anonymousreply 6612/07/2012

Which one is Macaulay Culkin?

by Anonymousreply 6712/07/2012

r65, exactly. So, people who cannot adapt to their situations, have poor coping skills, turn to drugs and it's SOCIETY'S fault? Like that old Flip Wilson character Geraldine would say, "The devil made me do it!"

by Anonymousreply 6812/07/2012

Flip Wilson? Who is that?

by Anonymousreply 6912/07/2012

OmiGod! The world has changed!

by Anonymousreply 7012/07/2012

One of the more tragic recent cases.

by Anonymousreply 7112/07/2012

R46, AA and other 12 Step programs have a less than 5% success rate; The Sinclair Method has a 75% success rate.

by Anonymousreply 7212/08/2012

WTF makes someone start taking drugs like that in your 40's?

Unhappiness in general. I have a friend who is about to turn 60 soon and he's been 'recreationally' doing meth with young guys (of course, he's the 'host' of the parties) ..... we've talked to him and his sisters got him to go to a drug counselor and he's been staying away from it much more often than not. Like everyone else he said he had it under control, but something must've frightened him because he became very vocal about his experiences, which is why his sisters jumped in to help as well.

by Anonymousreply 7312/08/2012

Did he start to get young guys to come over, r74? Shit, he should be old enough to know better.

We don't teach the kids how to cope with change or disappointment. Parents are too worried about "harming their self-esteem" and when kids grow up and get into the real world, they can't cope.

by Anonymousreply 7412/08/2012

Leonard Stillman's "New Faces of 1952" presented Paul Lynde, Alice Ghostley, Eartha Kitt, Carol Lawrence, Ronny Graham, Sheldon Harnick, and Mel Brooks.

I don't think this new version is going to produce any quality talent. Does it have any good songs, at least?

by Anonymousreply 7512/09/2012

The old meth face campaign did not look this hideous. Beyond hideous. These people look like zombies. It looks like the drug has become more potent. Perhaps more pure than ever before.

by Anonymousreply 7612/09/2012

Why do meth when you can do Adderal?

by Anonymousreply 7712/09/2012

Jeebus ... I still haven't opened the link, but both freaking aol.com and Huffington Post have 'features' with DIFFERENT before/after pics.

I don't know how many there are at the link, but I've already (unwillingly) seen TWO of them because of the internet.

That's not right. They can scare children with those. And HP has the one (I think) of the woman who must've had her meth blow up in her face. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 7812/10/2012

R75 the flip side of that is that damaged self-esteem can result in a quick path to drug abuse. Balance is the key.

by Anonymousreply 7912/10/2012

[quote]I remember when you could go to the doctor and get legal amphetamines for "diet pills."

Please tell me you didn't just try to compare "diet pills" to methamphetamine! The names may be similar, but the results from use are NOT EVEN REMOTELY close. Amphetamine is a mild stimulant, stronger than coffee but by no means something that turns most users into "addicts." Meth is about 100x more potent, generally mixed with all kinds of random shit (e.g. the roach spray mentioned above), and inhaled at high temperatures, hence the reason for "meth mouth" and people losing so many teeth. Btw Adderall, the main drug prescribed today for ADHD, *is* amphetamine, literally, but millions of people take it without addiction problems.

[quote]They can scare children with those.

I kinda think that's the whole point.

by Anonymousreply 8012/10/2012

While it's true that people have to take responsibility for their own actions, it's sad that people would say that these people got what they deserved and DON'T deserve any help or assistance.

In the late 80s and early 90s, there could just as easily have been (and actually there probably was) a "Faces of AIDS" campaign showing the wasting and devastation of the disease. And, many people would have said the fags deserved what they got for having sex.

Does anyone really deserve this kind of misery and suffering?

by Anonymousreply 8112/10/2012
Need more help? Click Here.