Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Such horridness & disrespect... an Australian radio station made a prank call Kate's hospital in London...

You have to scroll down to hear the recording of the phone call of them pretending to be the Queen & Prince Charles, sniggering and snorting as they do it...for the entertainment of their listeners.

by Anonymousreply 4312/07/2012

its pretty hard to disrespect someone who has done nothing to earn respect in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 112/05/2012

A Murdoch station?

by Anonymousreply 212/05/2012

Will Kate be "eliminated" once she produces an heir and a spare?

by Anonymousreply 312/05/2012

The TV news is full of this story this evening, in England.

by Anonymousreply 412/05/2012

I condole you, R4

by Anonymousreply 512/05/2012

The hospital receptionist who was duped committed suicide.

by Anonymousreply 612/07/2012

That suicide seems suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 712/07/2012

The whole thing was a mindless joke. It was kind of funny. I hope the suicide story isn't true.

Wills, on the other hand, is a tragedy. At this point, he should just shave his head.

by Anonymousreply 812/07/2012

A nurse is definitely dead

by Anonymousreply 912/07/2012

Was the nurse who killed herself. She was the one who answered the call and gave details about Kate

by Anonymousreply 1012/07/2012

Other sources say it was the receptionist who patched the call through to the private nurse who has died.

by Anonymousreply 1112/07/2012

[quote]Was the nurse who killed herself. She was the one who answered the call and gave details about Kate

See the thing is, she didn't give out anything but she was sleeping. Big fucking deal, most hospital patients are sleeping in the morning. They are making a big thing out of nothing.

by Anonymousreply 1212/07/2012

Oh oh -- Philip is pissed and the "suicides" have started.

by Anonymousreply 1312/07/2012

I listened to the audio of the prank two days ago. There was nothing revealing about what the nurse said. Nothing. It is sad if she killed herself over this. Her suicide is completely pointless.

by Anonymousreply 1412/07/2012

The whole friggin' world knew Kate was in the hospital and why she was there. Virtually nothing was revealed in that recording.

by Anonymousreply 1512/07/2012

2DayFM 104.1 Facebook and Twitter page is blowing up right now! People are commenting how disgusted they are and now the DJ's have blood on their hands. It's 3am Aussie time so the radio station have no idea what's in store for them today. Someone is going to get fired...

by Anonymousreply 1612/07/2012

Will the royal family nonsense ever end? That's my question.

Yes, I know it's good for tourism, but it's not as if the tourists go thinking they'll see the royal family themselves. They go to see the palaces.

Just turn them all into hotels and offer "the royal experience" to those willing to pay extra.

by Anonymousreply 1712/07/2012

I meant to say tomorrow...

by Anonymousreply 1812/07/2012

It is not the nurse who gave all the info, it was the nurse who put the call through to her.

by Anonymousreply 1912/07/2012

[quote]It is not the nurse who gave all the info, it was the nurse who put the call through to her

Through to whom? The radio hosts spoke to Middleton. They spoke to the nurse.

by Anonymousreply 2012/07/2012

It was a Nurse. Not Middleton's nurse but a nurse who answered the phone because there was no receptionist there. The woman that spoke with the DJs is dead.

by Anonymousreply 2112/07/2012

We didn't have to hire a whole horde of photographers to chase her down the street, so this has worked out quite well for us.

by Anonymousreply 2212/07/2012

The hospital have blood on their hands. I bet they bullied that nurse for humiliating them and they're the ones who should be made accountable for it.

by Anonymousreply 2312/07/2012

Not saying that r23 isn't making a good point, but let's start by pummeling those Aussie bastards first

by Anonymousreply 2412/07/2012

UPDATE: A spokesperson for King Edward VII Hospital said that the nurse who was found dead is Jacintha Saldanha. Answering the main line wasn't even part of Nurse Jacintha's duties. The receptionist needed to step away from the phones, so Nurse Jacintha was helping her out.

by Anonymousreply 2512/07/2012

My post makes no sense. Obviously, the radio hosts did not speak to Middleton.

by Anonymousreply 2612/07/2012

They've removed the clip of the phone call from the DM site. I guess it's in respect for the dead nurse.

by Anonymousreply 2712/07/2012

When I was a kid, my mom drilled into my head that you have to watch your mouth in public, because there are emotionally fragile people all over the place, having troubles you know nothing about, and the wrong word could be "the straw that broke the camel's back." In other words, don't makes jokes about abortion in public, make personal remarks about people's appearances in public, play mean pranks or haze people, etc.

I wish other people's moms had said the same. This women is a perfect example of that. Nobody kills themselves over one mistake, she must have been depressed already. When I was a kid, I thought mom was exaggerating, but I know better now.

Of course, if people actually thought before speaking, that would be the end of the DJ industry.

by Anonymousreply 2812/07/2012

Your mother was very wise, R28, and you're wise to have taken the advice. We NEVER know what's going on in the lives of people around us. Sometimes we don't fully know what's going on in the lives of those we live with and love.

by Anonymousreply 2912/07/2012

[quote]Her suicide is completely pointless.

All suicides are pointless.

by Anonymousreply 3012/07/2012

Your mom sounds like such a good woman, R28. I wish I'd known her.

[quote]I wish other people's moms had said the same.

If those pranksters had had a mom like yours, none of this would have happened.

[quote]my mom drilled into my head

Sounds painful, but I guess things worked out for the best.

by Anonymousreply 3112/07/2012

I agree with R29.

Some of you here are real assholes.

by Anonymousreply 3212/07/2012

Oh My God ....Kate SLEEPS ???? Alert the media.

I'm sure that nurse took a lot of shit over the past two days. Was probably threatened with termination of her job, etc. Shame.

by Anonymousreply 3312/07/2012

If I had my way those pranksters would be shot on sight. I feel any practical joke/prank should carry the same penalty as high treason. It should be a capital offense with no recourse of any sort. Practical joking is an extreme for of bullying and should be dealt with in the most extreme way possible.

Failing that, the assholes should be charged with manslaughter. And I hope they lose their licenses and livelihood, and never work again.

by Anonymousreply 3412/07/2012

R34, lighten up. The current extreme meanness and cruelty as "humor" hasn't always been this popular. It is possible to be funny without getting someone fired (which they should have expected, at least), or by trying to talk to a hospitalized woman that everybody knew was probably throwing up and feeling terrible. They didn't need to talk to her, famous or not.

There was nothing stopping them from making jokes or comments that didn't involve calling Kate personally. Anybody with a grain of sense would have known if they had gotten through to her, somebody's job would be on the line, maybe more than one person. And getting people fired right before Christmas is "funny"?

Only bullies think that's funny.

by Anonymousreply 3512/07/2012

Why was she in a hospital in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 3612/07/2012

Op= royal asskisser.

by Anonymousreply 3712/07/2012

You people actually believe this woman killed herself?

by Anonymousreply 3812/07/2012

She had a form of morning sickness that makes women unusually sick.

My niece, who is very small, had something similar, and she ended up in the hopsital on IV fluids for a few days. She just threw up continually, it kept getting worse and finally she couldn't hold down any food or fluids at all. She was losing weight abd getting dehydrated. At that point they thought it was dangerous for the baby as well as herself and kept her on fluids. I think they gave her some kind of anti-nausea medication. My niece is very small, she weighs about 95 lbs when not pregnant, so maybe that's part of it. Small people probably get dehrydrated easier.

by Anonymousreply 3912/07/2012

The royals have blood on their hands as well.

Deal with it, Brits and yuppies.

by Anonymousreply 4012/07/2012

To answer R2, yes, a Murdoch station. It's obviously comedy gold to make a prank call to a hospital at 5.30am. Just like it's fine journalism to hack a dead teenager's phone.

It'll be interesting to see how 'The Sun' covers the death of this nurse, wife and mother of two children.

by Anonymousreply 4112/07/2012

UPDATE: Mel and Michael, the Australians radio hosts behind the Duchess Kate hospital prank, have put themselves in time out after the nurse who transferred them to Kate's nurse killed herself today. SCA, the company that owns 2Day FM released this statement to TMZ:

"SCA and 2Day FM are deeply saddened by the tragic news of the death of nurse Jacintha Saldanha from King Edward VII’s Hospital. SCA and the hosts have decided that they will not return to their radio show until further notice out of respect for what can only be described as a tragedy."

Mel and Michael also hit the delete button their Twitter accounts and are refusing to open their mouths to the media about this. A rep for King Edward VIII Hospital said that Nurse Jacintha Saldanha was a good nurse and liked by all her co-workers, and they also said that she wasn't punished for transferring the call. I said this in my other post, but Nurse Jacintha only answered the phone, because the receptionist was away.

There seems to be two reactions to this. Some people are screaming that Mel and Michael need to be fired, skinned alive and turned into poopy bags for the Queen's corgis. The others are saying that no, it wasn't not funny, but it was just a dumb prank and the DJs shouldn't be blamed. As for me, I'm on the side that isn't saying shit, because THE QUEEN is not the one and has 007 on speed dial.

by Anonymousreply 4212/07/2012

[quote]Mel and Michael, the Australians radio hosts behind the Duchess Kate hospital prank, have put themselves in time out

They acted like 5 year olds with this prank and they are still acting like children.

"Time out." What puerile garbage.

by Anonymousreply 4312/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!