Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Nearly Half Of Republicans Believe Defunct Organization Stole The Election For Obama

Forty nine percent of Republicans believe that President Obama won reelection thanks to the allegedly illegal work of a group that no longer exists, according to a Public Policy Polling survey.

The Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) was at the center of anti-Obama energy in 2008, when Republicans cited some faulty registration forms obtained by ACORN as proof of voter fraud. The charge was particularly potent, since Obama hired one of the organizations associated with ACORN to run voter turnout for him in the primary.

But in 2010, ACORN filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy, putting an end to the community organizing effort altogether. Still, the fact that ACORN no longer exists hasn’t stopped the group from serving its role as scapegoat. Fifty two percent of Republicans blamed ACORN for Obama’s win in 2008, saying that they “stole” the election for him. That number only dropped by 3 percent, and 49 percent blame ACORN this time around.

by Anonymousreply 1612/05/2012

The reason he won was because the GOP had too many noisy whackjobs saying stupid shit right before election time and people didn't like Mittens. People were motivated to get out and vote and the GOP underestimated women, Hispanics and other minorities.

by Anonymousreply 212/05/2012

The only group committing voter fraud were Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 312/05/2012

Pure psychotic projection.

They are upset that THEY weren't able to steal the election.

Dems need to pound them into the dirt in the midterms.

We proved a high unemployment president can be elected for the first time since the Depression.

We need to stop the idea that the midterms automatically swing to the party not in control.

Fuck Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 412/05/2012

They live in a different reality, immune from contradictory information. Sad, really.

by Anonymousreply 512/05/2012

I told you guys, the GOP would be alleging voter fraud.

by Anonymousreply 612/05/2012

What's funny is that they actually believe McCain/Palin and Romney/Ryan were otherwise winning tickets!

by Anonymousreply 712/05/2012

They are stuck in the past.

by Anonymousreply 812/05/2012

Tough shit ! Nothing but sore losers that can't accept and still can't accept that the voters rejected these shameless hucksters for the wealthy and corporations.

by Anonymousreply 912/05/2012

Not surprising, in right wing conspiracy world the only reason Obama one was some vast secret voter fraud conspiracy. They really do live in their own reality.

by Anonymousreply 1012/05/2012

These people are too stupid to be allowed to vote.

by Anonymousreply 1112/05/2012

Not surprisingly, the GOP is continues to say that the "urban" (read: black/minority) vote was responsible for Obama's win. They apparently refuse to believe that polls have shown over and over that a very strong majority of white, college-educated voters also backed Obama. Hell, I even saw some polls the other day that showed that something like 84% of Whole Foods shoppers (read: upscale) were Obama supporters, but only 26% of Cracker Barrel patrons (read: blue-collar, lower income) backed Obama.

Seriously, I don't see how a country filled with this many uniformed and ignorant citizens can survive intact going forward.

by Anonymousreply 1212/05/2012

[quote]Not surprisingly, the GOP is continues to say that the "urban" (read: black/minority) vote was responsible for Obama's win.

Does it matter? The implicit message in that belief is that those "urban" voters don't (or shouldn't) count as much as "real" Americans. Frankly, I want them to continue to hold to that belief and to rant about it at every opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 1312/05/2012

The GOP will hopefully become a dying party. So many ignorantly who need a scapegoat.

by Anonymousreply 1412/05/2012

Bertha Lewis was the last head of ACORN. I worked with her 20 years ago, and she is a fantastic, smart woman. I loved seeing her on tv.

by Anonymousreply 1512/05/2012

Do they still operate out of the former funeral home in New Orleans?

by Anonymousreply 1612/05/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!