Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I can't date

I can hook up where it just quick and based on looks but I can't have dinner and talk to someone I like openly. I stammer and it is always a mess. I think I've driven away some really nice guys. Should he see a doctor. What kind.?

by Anonymousreply 612/05/2012

[quote] Should he see a doctor. What kind.?

The kind that instructs you not to switch tenses.

And no, you shouldn't see a doctor. It's nerves.

by Anonymousreply 112/05/2012

You stammer because you're projecting desperation. My advice is to work on being ok with being single, imagine being happy and single for the rest of your life. Then when you do date, you can be yourself and not worry if it doesn't work out.

by Anonymousreply 212/05/2012

You are insecure and lack self confidence. You have to be yourself you can never become what someone else is looking for. Dating for many is being sized up for mate material. The evaluating is usually completely superficial and offensive. Friendship should be your first goal. Getting to know someone beyond skin is essential. Try and make more friends beyond the bars.

by Anonymousreply 312/05/2012

by Anonymousreply 412/05/2012

Try this before taking any anti-anxiety medication.

It's just magnesium but in a readily absorbable form. Most people are lacking it even with a good diet. It doesn't work for everyone but it works great for most as a sleep aid and calming nerves. Careful of the laxative effect, don't take it right before a date.

I hated proper dates too. Can you just have multiple hook ups with one guy where you stick around a little while to talk or eat until you're comfortable with him?

by Anonymousreply 512/05/2012

Well, ideally, OP, you would meet a guy who would make you feel more comfortable, by finding a clever way to disarm you. THAT's the guy you should have your eye on...not these hotties who make it all about themselves.

I find that I'm more nervous dating people who are really into themselves. The really hot ones usually are. You are made to feel like you have to be 'good enough' for them.

But if you met the right guy, you'd know it, because you would very quickly have a comfort zone with them.

by Anonymousreply 612/05/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!