Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Angelina Jolie: I'm going to give up acting when kids are teens

"I think I'm going to have to give up acting as the kids hit the teenage years," the Maleficent star said, explaining that there would be "too much to manage at home."

Jolie is not alone in her desire to explore other avenues. Last year, her longtime love also hinted at retirement, telling Australia's "60 Minutes" that he might want to stop acting within three years.

"I wasn't actually putting an exact deadline on my expiration date, but I see it coming," Pitt clarified later at a "Moneyball" press conference in November 2011. "I just have other interests."

by Anonymousreply 3412/06/2012

Why not right now, bitch?

by Anonymousreply 112/05/2012

She says that all the time...go already!!

by Anonymousreply 212/05/2012

Give up acting, when did she start?

by Anonymousreply 312/05/2012

Mark my words, if this goes through she'll only get hungry and eat them.

by Anonymousreply 412/05/2012

I have come to be completely blah about anything Angelina says or does (I used to be a big fan), but I can't fucking wait for Maleficent.

by Anonymousreply 512/05/2012

Yea, like she really would have a career in ten years anyway.

by Anonymousreply 612/05/2012

What was her last film anyway? "The Tourist"? Yeah, I'd leave after that one...

by Anonymousreply 712/05/2012

Don't let the door hit you in the ass!

by Anonymousreply 812/05/2012

Angie also wants to adopt more kids. Thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 912/05/2012

Little Vivienne is absolutely adorable. Sorry Harper and Suri, you don't have it.

by Anonymousreply 1012/05/2012

Vivienne looked like Tweety Bird.

by Anonymousreply 1112/05/2012

Considering how well she stands by her statements (no marriage until all people can get married), I think she's full of shit on this one too.

by Anonymousreply 1212/05/2012

She's been saying that for years. I guess it's a more kid friendly way to get attention than sexing up your brother.

by Anonymousreply 1312/05/2012

Promises, Promises

by Anonymousreply 1412/05/2012

Who is she trying to fool?

by Anonymousreply 1512/05/2012

I can't wait. They're both such boring actors.

by Anonymousreply 1612/05/2012

she's getting old, that's why her career will be over in 3 or 4 years anyway. then she'll blame the kids.

by Anonymousreply 1712/05/2012

IMHO media overexposure has ruined her career; everyone talks about her but not many people pay to see films just because she's in them. And she's too famous to do character roles.

At least she seems to realize the jig is up, and has a good excuse. And she might as well spend some times with those hellions, or they'll end up introducing cannibalism to the Hollywood party scene or something.

by Anonymousreply 1812/06/2012

She is one of those people who dabble in many things and are mediocre at all of them.

Nobody gave a shit about her directorial debut, so she probably won't be doing any more of that.

Eastwood was senile enough to give her a leading role in one of his dramas, but who else is going to be that "adventurous"? She is a humorless, one note actress.

The whoring of the kids is getting tired.

The St. Angie role is probably not getting the attention she craves.

What else is she going to do, but start talking about herself like she's a modern Greta Garbo?

by Anonymousreply 1912/06/2012

First she didn't give an interview about her career. Second it's not quite what she says.

If you saw this interview it was a long one with the UK Minister for Foreign Affairs - they were discussing the new UK initiative he says was inspired by her movie about rape as a weapon of war. The initiative in which they are both involved is sending teams of experts (health care, psychology, investigators, prosecutors, etc) to regions where there are war victims of rape.

To me that's a significant humanitarian effort striking a blow for justice for these usually forgotten victims and deserves attention. But almost every media outlet wants to report a 30 second snippet of a 20 minute interview where toward the end she is asked about acting as a priority in her life - she gives a short answer about what she thinks she may do in the future. It's consistent with what she's been doing since she came a mother - cutting back or trading off work time with her partner.

Why does the media do this - especially in the US - not just with her but with most people - the unimportant stuff gets the headline if they even get the info right. And the worthy news about the event or person is ignored.

THIS is why we have a congress full of ignorant xenophobic twits.

by Anonymousreply 2012/06/2012

That's right she's a female action star. And action stars are known for starring in commercial movies, they aren't known for being great, and often not even good actors. Her popularity doesn't mean that she's proven she can act, anymore than Steven Seagal has.

by Anonymousreply 2312/06/2012

I thought she had made that decision years ago!

by Anonymousreply 2412/06/2012

It's because she's a phony, R26. She changes public persona a bit too often to be considered authentic.

by Anonymousreply 2712/06/2012

Interesting, R2, you'd think she'd be a new Big Gay Diva, but apparently she's not.

Personally, I think it's because there's nothing larger-than-life about her, onscreen or off. And the way she changed her image from skanky bad girl to mother goddess makes her seem inauthentic. If she'd stayed with the bad girl thing, maybe she'd have a shot.

by Anonymousreply 2812/06/2012

R18 is correct. The media went overboard with Brangelina and the public got sick of them. Same thing happened to TomKat and Bennifer. They tried with the Beckhams but they were dead on arrival and Americans didn't give a shit about them from the get go.

by Anonymousreply 2912/06/2012

Is she anorexic or on drugs? Personally, outside of her face (which is gorgeous)- she seems rail thin and weak...

by Anonymousreply 3012/06/2012

Well all you need is a strong, muscular face to be an action star.

by Anonymousreply 3112/06/2012

Maybe, R28, her ultimate goal isn't to be a big gay diva? Maybe she really wants to be a mother and really does care about her humanitarian endeavors. I'm not saying her image isn't measured. I'm sure part of it is. But I think it's safe to assume she also does care about her kids and her other non-acting interests. I get how people can roll their eyes at her Saint Angie persona, but I find it all harmless.

by Anonymousreply 3212/06/2012

She needs to gain weight. She is getting that too skinny, stringy and gaunt look that ultra-thin older women get. Helen Gurley Brown was a good example of this.

by Anonymousreply 3312/06/2012

Movies will give her up by then since she will be middle aged.

by Anonymousreply 3412/06/2012
Need more help? Click Here.