Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Dogs about to get euthenized do NOT belong on Facebook

Why do these two women from my high school think it is their mission to post dozens of SPCA dogs who must be adopted in 48 hours or be put down on facebook day after day after day.

I dont live in that city. My dog is a rescue and I cant do anything about those sad, poor helpless dogs that those sick people put down as if they are angels of mercy.

it ruins my day to go on facebook now.

by Anonymousreply 1012/05/2012

OP, have you not learned to block someone's posts?

by Anonymousreply 212/04/2012

I have about four non-connected friends who do this A LOT. I find it wildly inappropriate. If you're not rescuing every homeless dog, don't expect ME to! I actually already live with a greyhound from a rescue group, but I don't go yammering on and on about it.

by Anonymousreply 312/05/2012

If it is a dog's last hope and there is some chance in hell of somebody seeing it and being able to take it in, why begrudge an innocent dog that chance? Just to make sure YOU don't feel any discomfort about it? Assholes.

by Anonymousreply 412/05/2012

OP, you're a sucker. The SPCA has no-kill shelters. It's the Humane Society that still kills animals.

by Anonymousreply 612/05/2012

Seriously. Block the posters who post material you don't want to see.

by Anonymousreply 712/05/2012

OP is the kind of person who won't use a glue trap because the mouse is "so cute."

by Anonymousreply 812/05/2012

How about posting this on Facebook instead of here?!

As others have said, block them if this offends your sensibilities.

by Anonymousreply 912/05/2012

I have a FB friend who used to do this. I think she's a bit OCD. Every night she would share a bunch of posts from Pets on Death Row. It was too much. I used to subscribe to PODR and actually did adopt a cat from there last year (he is a great cat). I felt good about doing that little bit of good, but I'm not about to spam my friends with depressing posts.

by Anonymousreply 1012/05/2012
Need more help? Click Here.