Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Wireless Router

We are consolidating our internet service. When I moved in there was Comcast. I transferred my AT&T DSL here, then we had both. I want to drop Comcast, and unite the 2 computers ISP connection. A wireless router seems the way to go. Which one do I get? Can I fix it so interlopers in the neighborhood can't connect to it? I'm so confused. Any help would be appreciated.

by Snarks Expectedreply 712/04/2012

I have ATT DSL. It is locked automatically.

You need to enter the 10-digit wireless network key to access it. You only need to do that once.

You can give that number to anyone so they can get online from your network.

by Snarks Expectedreply 112/04/2012

OP, doesn't your AT&T box have a wireless router built-in? I thought they all did these days, regardless of whether you use DSL or U-verse.

by Snarks Expectedreply 212/04/2012

Get Verizon FiOs. It's the fastest internet I've ever had and I have NEVER had connection issues like I did when I had Roadrunner or DSL.

And no one can connect to your wifi unless they have your password.

by Snarks Expectedreply 312/04/2012

R3, you're aware that a) you can only get FIOS if Verizon happens to be your area's landline provider, which means only the East Coast gets it, and b) even if you're in a Verizon area, many have not been upgraded to FIOS speed yet, yes? (even the wealthier parts of Brooklyn just got FIOS this year)

by Snarks Expectedreply 412/04/2012

"you can only get FIOS if Verizon happens to be your area's landline provider, WHICH MEANS ONLY THE EAST COAST GETS IT,"

by Snarks Expectedreply 512/04/2012

Posting from 2006, are we?

by Snarks Expectedreply 612/04/2012

R6, it's a big, complicated, rapidly-changing world out there, and not everyone is au courant.

I hope in the future, in my extreme eldergaydom, someone will have the patience to explain to me how to maneuver in the contemporary environment.

by Snarks Expectedreply 712/04/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!