Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"in less than 60s seconds!...."

AKA: When tv chefs lie about real prep time, even when it's just a few minutes difference. WHY? For example: I was watching Paula Deen Make pecan clusters today. At the open she had sugar, evaporated milk and room temp butter all melting in a pan on the oven. In another bowl she she the nuts, chocolate, and marshmallow cream.

Then she just poured the hot mess into the dry and said, [italic]"Look! Candy in less than 60 seconds!"[/italic] She did not account for doling out the initial ingredients, nor melting down milk and butter, nor did she account for spooning it all onto a baking sheet afterwards.

Ok, It's aI know. petty pet peeve but it irritates the fuck out of me. Do tv producers really think we're that unobservant and desperate about real life time? Couldn't they have said, "In just a few minutes..." and sound just as enticing ?

Does this irritate you?

by Anonymousreply 1012/06/2012

This is what you have to bitch about? Can I have your life?

by Anonymousreply 112/04/2012

[italic]Ok, It's aI know. petty pet peeve[/italic]

Wow. That should read, "Ok, I know. It's a petty pet peeve"

Sorry for the typo. No more multitasking.

by Anonymousreply 212/04/2012

Paula, at r1 you clearly don't know the meaning of "pet peeve".

by Anonymousreply 312/04/2012

[quote]Does this irritate you?

by Anonymousreply 412/04/2012

Hissing Eldergay, you are my new favorite troll ever! :-)

by Anonymousreply 512/04/2012

No I am more pissed off about Rachel Ray not tipping anybody on her $40 dollars a day.

by Anonymousreply 612/06/2012

I always hated when the hosts on cooking shows would get all the ingredients together for a specific dish or baking good, and just as they were about to cook it on the stove or put it in the oven for baking, they'd do a fakeout and say, "But right here I have the final product that I cooked/baked earlier" then proceed to take it out of the oven or off the stove to show it off. For some reason that always pissed me off.

by Anonymousreply 812/06/2012

R7, Hisssssssss!

by Anonymousreply 912/06/2012

F & F for the homophobic shitstain r7.

Homophobia should not be allowed by anyone on a gay chat board (of all places).

by Anonymousreply 1012/06/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!