Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Peter Alexander Named NBC News' White House Correspondent

Alexander, who led the network's coverage of Mitt Romney's 2012 campaign, will join chief White House correspondent Chuck Todd and Kristen Welker.

by Anonymousreply 1612/26/2013

Close-ups are not his friend. Pasty with yucky teeths.

by Anonymousreply 112/04/2012

I think he's kinda hunky - in a fit-fat kind of way.

by Anonymousreply 212/04/2012

Used to think he was pretty hot, now I think he looks pretty goober-ish.

Doubt he'll age well.

Didn't he and Chuckles both have some hair work done?

by Anonymousreply 312/04/2012

Well I hope they cut Todd's and Welker's pay in order to pay Alexander.

by Anonymousreply 412/04/2012

Just as David Muir sucking up/off Peter Jennings got him a network anchor job, so Peter Alexander putting out for Matt Lauer has gotten him a cushy spot in DC.

Who says the casting couch is dead? It's alive and well at network news.

It's just a gay mafia couch now...

by Anonymousreply 512/05/2012

Just saw your report on the Today show about the gov't shutdown and you failed to mention that the house has passed appropriation bills to open up all the federal departments you pointed out have closed and we, the people, are suffering as a result. Is David Alexrod writing your copy i.e. White House talking points. They taught me in journalism school to write "a direct presentation of facts or description of events without an attempt at interpretation." Your failure to mention the passage of those appropriation bills and to point out that the White House put the blockades in front of the WWII memorial to show maximum pain is not a direct presentation of the facts but the bias reporting that is driving viewers away from your once proud, but now very bias network! Get both sides of the story, Peter, do the right thing before it is too late. thnks John Mayhill

by Anonymousreply 610/03/2013

John Mayhill -- you do know that FOXNews is the broadcast division of the Republican Party and HAS NO proud tradition whatsoever.

And Mr. Mayhill, I respect your courage in coming here to point put what you perceive to be Mr., Alexander's journalistic shortcomings, but I am afraid you will find that no one here much gives a shit about you, your point of view, the Republican Party, or what you were taught in journalism school unless you write a similar screed DAILY to FoxNews.

Good day to you, sir.

by Anonymousreply 710/03/2013

I'm not sure John Mayhill knows what he's about to unleash. i ALMOST feel sorry for him.

by Anonymousreply 810/03/2013

Who is John Mayhill -- anyone we should know?

Or just the Freeper-of-the-Week we've been assigned?

by Anonymousreply 910/03/2013

Peter Alexander is a husband and a father now, which qualifies him for such a sensitive job.

by Anonymousreply 1010/03/2013

Mr Mayhill, let me start by saying we're not stupid. We see through the House's feeble attempt at applying leverage, rushing out to the WWII veterans group as though your party, the teatards, weren't busy trying to slash the VA and veterans benefits, selectively funding popular departments and in some cases just individual portions of departments like the children's cancer hospital, part of the NIH, when, of course, the Ryan budget wants to virtually eliminate funding for the HHS. Nice try.

I'm not defending Alexander, but I do know that the time it would take to cover the hypocrisy of what the Pubies and teatards.did would take more than the 90 seconds he was allotted on the network's morning show. They have more important stuff to cover anyway, like what the latest housewives of hinterland drama took place last night, what video is trending on YouTube and the like, so don't try to say NBC or any of the television networks have some high standard to live up to. Certainly not FOX, whose viewers demonstrate that they know less about current events than everybody else, even people who don't watch TV or have online access. Your faux outrage is palpable, but let me remind you again... we're not stupid.

Lets talk facts. This is a the teatard shutdown. Proof is the letter 80 radical wingnuts sent John Boehner six weeks ago, laying out in unambiguous terms exactly how they were going to use the CR and then the debt ceiling to nullify the 2012 elections and enact their far right agenda. Meanwhile, Paul Ryan has blocked a conference committee with the Senate for 193 days, in a blatant effort to forstall the budget, setting up this house of cards. To suggest, now, that Democrats don't want to negotiate is the height of hypocrisy and arrogance.

So take your righteous indignation, and do something useful with it. But don't waste your time trying to espouse a blatantly false narative. We see right through you.

by Anonymousreply 1110/04/2013

I may be a bit late, but what I see from your chat is Hate. That is where our problems lie. One should be able to speak their opinion without another using hateful condentation. I'm noticing if one person speaks another comes back with hateful name calling and stoops to a low level. Shame on you. No need to respond, I just stumbled on to this site, and will not return. I feel sorry for you.

by Anonymousreply 1212/26/2013

Oops… "Condemnation".

by Anonymousreply 1312/26/2013

Good, r12 r13.

Don't come back.

by Anonymousreply 1412/26/2013

[quote]One should be able to speak their opinion without another using hateful condentation

You're entitled to an opinion, not your own facts. And when you continue to express your opinion despite being shown why it's wrong, we have every right to call you out for it.

If you can't handle being told you're a fool because you continue to express that opinion which is patently wrong, then you're better suited for a site where ignorance is bliss and you'll get patted on your head for being as wrong as the rest of them.

Go watch the Vidal-Buckley debates. Name-calling is nothing new, so get over it, princess.

The only thing that has changed is that people like Palin have made others think that any thought that pops into their head, any opinion that pops into their head -despite it being absolute bullshit and just plain dumb- should get equal respect as facts. People are now under the delusion that if they think it's right, it must be and don't you dare challenge them by using actually data.

And why you chose this thread to post, I have no idea.

by Anonymousreply 1512/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 1612/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!